New Death Guard Revealed!

foamy248

The Lord is absolutely amazing. No complaints there.

The power armoured Lord-type-thing with the bell on his backpack isn't quite as amazing, but he's up there. At the absolute minimum he'll be great for conversions.

I actually really, really like the Sorcerer. Even the baby face. Sure it's goofy, but Nurgle has always had a bit of goofiness to him- and there is something quite disturbing about that tiny, infantile head... The staff is a very nice touch.

Those Plague Marines might be the best snap-fit models I have ever seen, ever. They look completely amazing and I want them.

The Blight Drone(?) looks cool, but I hope it doesn't replace the old FW model. I prefer the bigger, twin-engined resin version to this- the three turbines look a bit strange. Still gorgeous though.

The Poxwalkers...homina homina. My favourite might be the one with the goggles wielding the autogun- he looks like he leaped straight out of an old-school bit of art. There's hints of Wayne England, Karl Kopinski and a little bit of Blanche to him and I love it.

Yeah, I'm almost certainly buying this set at some point. The Congregation of Filth demand it! (Though really I should pick up a copy of Dark Vengeance first...)

The Deathguard models look so incredibly awesome!

Can't wait to see the Emperor's Children models they are going to design (DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE!!). :o

Can't wait to see the Emperor's Children models they are going to design (DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE!!). ohmy.png

Fingers crossed for GW giving them back their guitars, leather and general glam rock looks.

Can't wait to see the Emperor's Children models they are going to design (DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE!!). ohmy.png

Fingers crossed for GW giving them back their guitars, leather and general glam rock looks.

Guitars yes. Leather...depends on how they'd do it lol.

Posted · Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, May 23, 2017 - Post wasn't needed or the term use.
Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, May 23, 2017 - Post wasn't needed or the term use.

Wow. I'm surprised. I came here expecting to see you guys pissed off at what a bunch of retards these DG models look like.

Cool. Maybe I'll have some takers for trading Primaris Marines since you guys actually seem to like them.

Love the fact that deathguard will have amazing models to use for their armies, while I am not a DG player I can still say for the most part they are pretty. It gives me high hopes GW will someday give my Word Bearers some fancy models to use in 40k (gal vorbak style possessed?!?!?) Hopefully once the DG train is done they decide to give unaligned chaos some love for once.

I'm interested in these models. Lovely to see the Death Guard using ye olde bolters and plasma guns. ^_^

I believe I'll be picking up a starter box. You never know, this might be the first time I'll dabble with Nurgle stuff... :wink:

I'm interested in these models. Lovely to see the Death Guard using ye olde bolters and plasma guns. happy.png

I believe I'll be picking up a starter box. You never know, this might be the first time I'll dabble with Nurgle stuff... wink.png

I know what you mean, I had a few plague marines like 10+ years ago when they were metal but I'm rather tempted to actually have a force alongisde my Iron Warriors now. I'm even tempted to go paint them pre heresy colours.

I do wish they had taken the time to add a data sheet for the blog post and to clear up if the blight launcher is that weapon that looks like a plasma gun or not.  Unless the PMs have several wounds the start feels very unbalanced in favor of Nu Marines.  But the DG players did win on quality of the model design.

Unless it has a negative to hit modifier I don't think it will be much worse than killing a dread.  Hitting on a 3+ to wound on 6+ and a 3 armor save is not to hard to take down.  It could have the new FnP and it does depend on the area of influence as in range of the weapons plus movement.  

They gave us its stats?

No, I'm going off the pattern they have given so far.  Nothing over T8 yet and 3+ armor save and from a design standpoint the drone would be a dread stand in type model.

All off of educated guesses and patterns they have given us so far.

Edit:

Sorry my mistake if it ends up to be anything less than T8 all those SM models will wound it on a 5+ just like the normal PMs.

So the flying thing is called a Foetid Bloat-drone. I know it's a Daemon engine but it looks like it has 2 lascannons... Could be nasty!

The bell dude is called a Noxious Blightbringer. The Sorcerer is a Malignant Plaguecaster.

Plague Marines are T5 with Disgustinly Resiliant. Plague knives now allow you to re-roll wound rolls of 1 in close combat

New weapon is Assault 2, Strength 6, AP -2 weapon that deals D3 damage at 24″ range.

Poxwalkers are 6 points and have Curse of the Walking Pox, which allows you to add another Poxwalker to the unit every time they slay any enemy Infantry models. They never take morale tests.

If you’ve got Typhus on the table, he increases the Strength and Toughness of nearby Poxwalkers by 1.

Death Guard get Miasma of Pestilence – a psychic power which you cast onto one of your own units so that, until your next turn, your opponent must subtract 1 from all hit rolls that target that unit.

Thoughts

Plague Marines:  Slightly busy, but they look great.  The champion with the fly is a great touch. 

Bloat Drone:  I really love this model, its basically a more corrupted version of blight drone.  Excellent addition. 

Pox walker:  I really dislike these models.  I guess I was looking for more traditional sci fi zombies, but these rub me the wrong way. 

Lord of Contagion:  Almost perfect, I plan on removing the nurglings on the base, and replacing it with a body. 

Noxious Blightbringer:  Another great model.  Not a fan of the flag on the front, but what can you do? 

Malignant Plaguecaster:  The model meh, but the conversion potential is great. 

Overall, a great DG release.  I plan on getting 3 sets. 

Soooo I was looking at the box art, and...

http://puu.sh/vZxDd/512c98b3e8.jpg

What are these alternate reality dimensional shifting shenanigans going on?

It's Alive!!!!!!! :D maybe it's changed sides and now fights for the greatness of Rob and his primus marines

First off, yes. I almost want two boxes but if they make a multi part box of marines and termies I will be a-ok waiting for those.

Second, yep. I am still on board for this.

Lastly, the only thing I do not like is the sorcerers face. His cheeks so full of air like he has to blow out all 10,000+ candles on his birthday cake. Going to have to change that and maybe the extended out/poof-magic arm.

Archived