New Death Guard Revealed!

foamy248

Very much underwhelmed. They looked an awful lot better in those blurry, poorly lit pictures leaked and/or shared earlier. Now, on a white background and with their very clean paintjobs, I'm feeling a lot less enthusiastic about them.

I understand models have a golden angle, and GW is deliberately not using it to be able to better show off the model as-is. I also understand they paint them to help stress all modeled details, hence wildly exaggerate highlights, contrasts, and color combinations. I mostly hate all their pictures of all their models, buy the models anyway, and then love them. Again though, I'm thinking ... Do I really want to pick this up?

Soooo I was looking at the box art, and...

http://puu.sh/vZxDd/512c98b3e8.jpg

What are these alternate reality dimensional shifting shenanigans going on?

In the Choirs of Nurgle's Garden, there are many bellboys.

Now I feel like there should be a warband called "the Choir".

Soooo I was looking at the box art, and...

http://puu.sh/vZxDd/512c98b3e8.jpg

What are these alternate reality dimensional shifting shenanigans going on?

In the Choirs of Nurgle's Garden, there are many bellboys.

Now I feel like there should be a warband called "the Choir".

That actually sounds pretty awesome especially since there was a short story where Typhus spread an entire plague through sound

Edit: I remember now it was called the Carrion Anthem

"The dark forces of Chaos come to the Imperial world of Ligeta. A deadly plague, spread by music, sweeps the embattled planet, and the forces of Typhus, an ancient horror and the Herald of Nurgle, land to lay waste to the survivors. Can the desperate Imperial defenders hold out against the dark forces of the Plague Lord, or will they fall to the Carrion Anthem"

Sounds perfect

The Lord is pretty great. Plastic Blight Drone has been a long time coming, and full of conversion potential. The Plague Marines are just a bit too clunky. But thankfully not as entirely covered in random growths of poorly sculpted horns as the Poxwalkers. I've never understood why they have so over done that particular theme. The Bell idea with the Noxious Blightbringer is one I've always loved, but the execution is lacking. More gigantic random horns? The blight kings version is much better. All in all some great conversion potential and a couple of fantastic models in the bunch. It seems after purchasing, I'll be hacking off loads of horns and re-sculpting some distended bellies. Can't wait to see what else is on the horizon.

I just had a revelation about the mysterious weapon our smiling Terminator friend here (aka DK) is holding. It's a small (I suppose) version of the weapons the Drone has!

What do you guys think, fancy Lascannon? Or could it be something new like a Bile-spitter or something along those lines?

http://www.lavozdehorus.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_3389.jpg

Drone1.jpg

The Faction Focus article specifically mentions the Blight Launcher as a Plague Marine weapon though, and none of the Plague Marines are carrying anything similar to this funky Lascannon thing. The Bloat Drone wasn't even mentioned, and neither were the Terminators.

Not sure how I'm feeling about the new Plague Marines. Personally, I really like the old finecast/metal Plague Marines. Going with that style and making them the size of the new marines is the move I would have made if I was GW design team. 

As cool as this new kit is, IMO it would be better used as Nurgle chosen. FW's plague marine upgrade kit is the best compromise between heresy-era gear and the trappings of Nurgle. I don't mind over the top designs, but sometimes they're less impressive when the entire army/unit is so fully blinged out.

The weapon on the Drone looks like either a Las-Cannon or a Lightning Gun?

Lightning Gun would actually make a lot of sense!

Lightning Gun?

Ok I feel out of the loop does this type of weapon show up anywhere else?  I have been a GW fan for years and don't remember a lightning gun falling under their theme.

The weapon on the Drone looks like either a Las-Cannon or a Lightning Gun?

Lightning Gun would actually make a lot of sense!

Lightning Gun?

Ok I feel out of the loop does this type of weapon show up anywhere else?  I have been a GW fan for years and don't remember a lightning gun falling under their theme.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lightning_Gun

The Faction Focus article specifically mentions the Blight Launcher as a Plague Marine weapon though, and none of the Plague Marines are carrying anything similar to this funky Lascannon thing. The Bloat Drone wasn't even mentioned, and neither were the Terminators.

We haven't seen the plague marine multikit, perhaps they have the same weapon.  All we've seen from regular power armored plague marines so far are bolters and plasma guns.

And the impression I got from the article was that the blight launcher was a signature weapon of the Death Guard as a faction, not just of power armored plague marines as an individual unit.

there have been some comparison pics already:

IMG_20170524_123035.jpg

More would always be good, and I'm curious to see what the plagues look like from behind, I still haven't seen that.

I don't really expect we'll ever see another new marine model at the previous size, it'll all be the bigger stuff now.  I have mixed feelings about that - I don't mind replacing my basic chaos marines, but I worked on my chosen for over a year, I'll be really sad to replace them.

Archived