awesome new objectives

So amidst the 8th releases there's a set of mechanicus/imperial objectives. Including a creepy medicae servitor, escape pod, xeno-biology sample container (with genestealer head much like the 2nd ed ers techpriest artwork by Jes Goodwin!) and more! I'd link the image but I'm using my phone.

Edit: Back home with the laptop so here's the image for any who haven't seen it yet.

40K_Objective_Markers.jpg

Edited by Battybattybats

more excited about this than anything else to be honest!    I thought I was done with plastic purchases this year but may try to swing by a GW when on vacation in June to pick up a box or two of these!  Perfect for SW:A

edit:  20 pounds for the Obj. Markers.  not bad :tu:

Edited by Space Truckin

more excited about this than anything else to be honest! I thought I was done with plastic purchases this year but may try to swing by a GW when on vacation in June to pick up a box or two of these! Perfect for SW:A

edit: 20 pounds for the Obj. Markers. not bad :tu:

Where'd you find the price?

That's probably the piece of artwork that brought me into the fold in the first place. GW should do more artwork like that. I don't just mean black and white, I'm sure a colour piece would work. That picture has loads of details for your eye to wander over. I think more codex art should be like this. The digital speedpainting ones are still inspiring, but there's not a whiff of a battlefield here but it tells a story regardless.

I like the medical servitor in particular. It reminds me of the armoury servitor from The Lord Inquisitor's Grey Knight trailer.

Seen at natfka, one of the sprues.

Note the genestealer part is seperate... so the containment tank will i am sure be a very popular source for mechanicus conversions.

Also be good for Genestealer Cult conversions/objectives.  I'm absolutely in love with that piece alone, though the entire kit is pretty rad :D

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Vel'Cona, quite a few of these objectives will work well as multiples. From the exterminatus bombs to the surgical servitors to the containment  tanks to the cogitators. It'd make a lot of sense that a mission might call for defusing several bombs or capture several containment samples or recover a group of escape pods.

I think these will also be superb for making zone mortalis rooms make a lot more sense and adding more narrative to each room or cityfight ruin. Hmm i recall a cityfight game some years back where my wrecker carnifex destroyed a guard field hospital building, the servitor would have been perfect for representing that hospital strategem.

I notice the white dwarf says the escape pod is the right size for a titan princeps, but i don't know if they meant literally the miniature fits in the seat or not, that'd be an intertesting one to know particularly if at some point they become available seperately rather than having to buy a titan head for a sitting princeps.

Batty...we demand pic's when your done with it :happy.:

cheers, Mithril

p.s my son has a soft toy of a Bat and he calls it "Batty-Bat"....makes me think of you when he says it :laugh.:

I'll take some time on some, but I'll see about putting one or two pieces together and painting them alongside my current work soon.

P.s. That's adorable! In my teens I looked after an orphaned micro-bat till it was able to fly free and for years after the local micro-bats would frequent near the house. It was really cute, like a puppy crossed with a kitten, very affectionate. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is that an Imperial Snack Dispenser? Has the Snack Dispenser been rewired by a haywire servitor and is now linked to the doomsday device? 

Actually on topic I love these objectives, they'll be great for Shadow War and Narrative 40k games. Anybody else wondering whether or not we can insert a princeps inside the Stasis chamber? 

Batty that's a great looking skitarii!

Thanks, it's part of my Shadow War Armageddon team i had images in my signature thread that photobucket just started hiding my pics of.

Is it just me or is that an Imperial Snack Dispenser? Has the Snack Dispenser been rewired by a haywire servitor and is now linked to the doomsday device? 

Actually on topic I love these objectives, they'll be great for Shadow War and Narrative 40k games. Anybody else wondering whether or not we can insert a princeps inside the Stasis chamber? 

It's a smidge large for a Knight, i think you'd need to cut down the sides of the back piece a little to fit it in (i'm going to instead use the Forgeworld clear tank pieces back to back https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Zone-Mortalis-Containment-Tanks), i don't have a full size titan or cerastus knight to check those.

For those looking for inspiration for making such a princeps part 5 of the Helsreach animation includes one.