Fallout themed Skitarii/Ad-Mech (New Vegas & Fallout 4)

The Ranger looks great, but considering AdMech practices, he's more appropriate as a Tempestus Scion from an allied detachment.

understood...if i were to stay in the 40k universe i'd follow your thought train definitely .... but i'm throwing ad-mech/40k  fluff out the window on this army and just making a fallout themed army with 40k and 3rd Party parts that is in the Ad-Mech category of army type.....it's a fun army :wub:

cheers, Mithril

quick update, slapped some base coat paint on my 1st recon Ranger to see if it looks ok, i think he does even with the limited amount of paint i put on him. :blush.:

enthused to finish him tonight and get more put together...

the blu-tac on the rifle top is where a scope is going...just got to find it :biggrin.:

med_gallery_9146_6928_270175.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_856657.jpg

C&C always appreciated.

Cheers, Mithril

Looking good! Were you tempted at all to use the oval base and have him balancing the arbequs on sandbags or the like?

:tongue.: ...that's the standard rifle....not the transuranic arquebus :ohmy.: that one is Longer still :eek: i found putting these weapons on these torso's makes em look like they're carrying the old Lee-Enfield Mk.1 .303 rifles   

and to answer your question...yes when i do the "TA" i will use sandbags :thumbsup:  

cheers, Mithril

The theme is coming through great without losing the 40k aesthetic.  Where are the greatcoat legs on your Ranger and James Hsu from?

they are from "Anvil industry" a great third party resin parts supplier in the UK , reasonably priced and excellent and crisp molds :thumbsup:  they have a whole regiments line of 28mm soldiers ranging from WW1 style to Sci-fi/40k  ,go check em out, you wont be disappointed  :cool.:

cheers Mithril

p.s glad you like the theme :biggrin.:

they are from "Anvil industry" a great third party resin parts supplier in the UK , reasonably priced and excellent and crisp molds :thumbsup:

Love those guys!  I don't think my DW would have gotten off the ground without their excellent bits packs.  If only they'd been doing "Regiments" before I completed my IG army . . .

Another WiP update,

while not being able to paint..real life :sweat: i have started a mini conversion on Greyfax to either end up being my personal Ad-Mech sanctioned "Wasteland Inquisitor" or as a counts as female Dominus or DataSmith...

i still have to cut up an arc pistol or phosphor pistol to add to her cross-bolter to make it more Ad-Mech like :biggrin.:, its a rather simple head swap(although,so much fiddly shaving and trimming though :dry.:) and as mentioned some add on gubbinz to her bolt weapon is still to be done...

med_gallery_9146_6928_355796.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

more work on the ranger... used the skitarii rad sensor?, not sure if that's what it actually is :huh.: as a barrel front and added a Anvil industry's scope....

thoughts?, C&C? .... should i just have a lasgun type muzzle or stick with this one?...

med_gallery_9146_6928_294816.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Don't mess with it, Mithril! I think he looks awesome. Do you think this style will be repeatable?

Yes! for sure i have another 3 guys in the wings getting scopes and new muzzles, i did put a standard scion muzzle tip on one of them just to be different :blush.:

otherwise they'll all look like this guy, i do have to order some more Kneeling legs though to make 2-4 transuranic arquebus guys and the honsu Alpha character as seen above :teehee: will be with this squad but i changed him to be shouldering a rifle,will add a CC weapon to him as i think i will benefit from an extra Galvanic shot and only need the CC weapon if it hits the Fan, they shouldn't in theory ever been in assault :whistling: .

@Reyner - steal away my friend steal away !

i'll finish modelling the rest of the squad and start painting this weekend...

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ Finished the GreyFax conversion (weapon is done,now for some paint!! :happy.:

med_gallery_9146_6928_228133.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_406703.jpg

Edited by mithrilforge

double post :blush.:

I finally finished the "Ranger" with the scion Lasgun Muzzle tip ... see below for new one as well as first version for comparison...

med_gallery_9146_6928_356334.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_294816.jpg

thoughts? C&C...

i'm thinking of just having the squad mixed with both muzzles throughout just to show personal preference in the group...

also got some paint on my Greyfax last night, might have some good WiP shots soon...she's looking good so far :wub: (i am a little biased though :biggrin.: )

cheers, Mithril

Update - idea time, the inspiration for this army was posted at the start of the thread and he had an allied imperial knight in his force and i wanted the same in mine but he was thinking liberty prime and i decided without massive reconstructive surgery that an Imperial knight will not look like liberty prime :sad.:

now i intend to use Ogryns armed with Kataphron weapons to represent "Super mutants with hvy weapons and thus fill out the Ad-mech role of Kataphrons.

here is where i came up with Plan B -

A Super Mutant Behemoth (which is about the same size as a Knight titan in the game) to represent my Imperial knight, i have a mate that has a spare rapid fire battlecannon and the Reaper chainsword for me to use and i have a Warhammer Giant that im converting slightly to have some chest and abdomen armour (that fat tummy of his puts me right off :sick:) and probably some vehicle pieces as shoulder armour etc then just need to convert the blade and cannon into hand held devices which in fallout style will look very crude and simple anyway....

here is a pic of the behemoth... i guess he just looks like a 30 foot Ogryn really...:laugh.:

med_gallery_9146_6928_351101.png

as much as i wanted to convert an Imperial Knight to Liberty Prime, i think this is really doable with what i have available...and my converting skill level too :blush.:

C&C... does anyone know if the Knight weapons will be too big for the warhammer giant?...

cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Update-

Work in Progress of Painting Greyfax , base coats are mostly on,now i went with a kind of ceramic/ceramite type of armour where the gold plated stuff is on the original(i'll just add that the white isn't finished yet :sweat: )...My Burning question is should i paint the chest piece in the same colour or leave it as metal? i only ask that cause i think the ceramite chest might balance them out ...

And also Black? or Red? casing on the bolter/quasi ad Mech weapon :biggrin.:

med_gallery_9146_6928_65856.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_584532.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

P.S. @ JaqTaar - yeah i saw those, lovely stuff...tempted to get some, but i've never seen how well they scale to 40k stuff...some armored troopers as marine equivalent would be fun :wub:

Edited by mithrilforge

Update-

Work in Progress of Painting Greyfax , base coats are mostly on,now i went with a kind of ceramic/ceramite type of armour where the gold plated stuff is on the original(i'll just add that the white isn't finished yet :sweat: )...My Burning question is should i paint the chest piece in the same colour or leave it as metal? i only ask that cause i think the ceramite chest might balance them out ...

And also Black? or Red? casing on the bolter/quasi ad Mech weapon :biggrin.:

med_gallery_9146_6928_65856.jpgmed_gallery_9146_6928_584532.jpg

Came out amazing! :wub: I'd say leave her alone and get her on a nice scenic base!

Heya Vel' .... you piped in a bit too late.... late last night i decided to paint her chest white :sweat: ...:laugh.:

thanks for the vote of approval though :thumbsup: ,i did listen when you said a base needs to be done...

it needs a small tuft of dead grass and a black rim and its ready for her to be pinned on.

med_gallery_9146_6928_411546.jpg

GreyFax - white chestplate

med_gallery_9146_6928_856076.jpg

cheers, Mithril