[Review] Kromlech - Legionary Plasma Cannon

Kromlech - Legionary Plasma Cannon

gallery_62972_10948_50780.jpg

The link for these can be found here. For these I used the cheapest postage available; I was told they were dispatched but had no way of tracking them. They arrived after a week (Poland to the UK).

These were a gift from a friend of mine so I can't comment on any delivery time or packaging. As they are in blister format, I gather they were acquired from an independent stockist (feel free to let me know in the replies and I'll update).

Blister:

Front:
gallery_62972_10948_51592.jpg

Back:
gallery_62972_10948_1002098.jpg

On to the models, there's some flash as expected with resin but no bubbles or warping. Detail is crisp:

Front:

gallery_62972_10948_201605.jpg

Back:

gallery_62972_10948_35818.jpg

Note the lack of backpack. IMO these fit better with either 30k models (well, it is the Legionary line after all) or second edition models. That said, it shouldn't be too hard to source a back pack...?

Anyway, on to the dryfit. The model used is a third edition metal Death Company model. It's held together with blu-tac.

Front:
gallery_62972_10948_37244.jpg

Side:
gallery_62972_10948_237907.jpg

Back:
gallery_62972_10948_610818.jpg

The design has little lugs for the handle to sit on the cannon and the load baring arm to attach which makes a snug fit once the flash, etc, is removed.

Handle:
gallery_62972_10948_533373.jpg

Load arm:
gallery_62972_10948_50189.jpg

Finally, we have a comparison picture of Kromlech's offering placed alongside some of GW's.

From left to right: Kromlech -> third edition metal blister (plastic marine) -> second edition metal blister:
gallery_62972_10948_928315.jpg

From left to right: Kromlech (on a current Death Company model as this is the closest current scale I have) -> third edition metal blister (plastic marine) -> second edition metal blister:
gallery_62972_10948_1119942.jpg

Have to say, I am becoming a fan of Kromlech :smile.:

Good review, Jol. 

I'm already a fan of theirs, primarily the leg options they give us, but I do like the look of these plasma cannons. 

I think pretty much everything is in blisters these days; I can't remember anything from my last couple of orders coming in some other form of packaging.

Kromlech makes great detailed stuff but there's always something that makes the scale just not work for my eyes. I guess that's what happens when you spend most your hobby time deciding between half mm differences in styrene...

Keep the reviews coming Jolemai, they're muchly appreciated :thumbsup: