++ The Valdrmót - The Wolves' Gathering ++

RikuEru

The Valdrmót - The Wolves' Gathering
http://pre08.deviantart.net/6faf/th/pre/i/2014/167/5/7/vlka_fenryka_by_kozivara-d7mktrx.jpg

+ + + TRANSMITTED: FENRIS
 + + + RECEIVED: -NOW-
 + + + DESTINATION: ALL REMAINING ASSETS OF THE SPACE WOLVES CHAPTER
 + + + DATE: 7.999.999.M41
 + + + TELEPATHIC DUCT: -UNKNOWN-
 + + + REFERENCE: VF/1305199100011235813/WT
 + + + ENCRYPTION-KEY: MALM-HRIð
 + + + AUTHOR: WOLF LORD KIERAN
 + + + SUBJECT: FENRIS has survived. The Great Wolf and all 12 Great Companies have moved out to hunt down the traitors at CADIA. Hereby all loyal Sons of Fenris and the Wolf King are ordered to return to FENRIS immediately! Refusal unnacceptable.
 + + + THOUGHT: "Fenris endured the Storm! Fenris roars in defiance! Fenris calls for its sons!"

Introduction

The Crimson Cyclops has returned and the deathsman's Axe has barely missed our neck...

Tainted Midgardia received the Emperor's Mercy, exterminated for the safety of all.
Frostheim is now nothing more than plains of bones, as wide as the eye can see.
Svellgard changed its face, what was once an ocean world, is now filled by mountains of glass.
Valdrmani is surrounded by vicious storms and ghosts, presumably, haunt its surface.

Fenris braced the storm, but our beautiful, harsh homeworld will need time to heal - and the scars will be forever visible.

The tribes of our origin have been thinned out, by demons and preachers.
Nature itself rose to fight the corruption at our sides, brave as any Fenrisian Warrior.
The Aett was infiltrated and sabotaged, but not broken or conquered and will stand, as it always has.

The Great Wolf and most of our brothers have moved on, towards the Cadian Gate, for our ancient enemies march for Terra.
Word has come that Cadia itself fell, but a single battle does not decide a War. There are more obstacles on their way to Terra.
Other reports say a loyal brother of Russ has returned, with hopeful prayers being uttered across the galaxy for more of the Emperor's Sons to return.
...and a new Crusade calls - and we want to be up to the challenge, don't we?

Only a fool would call this the Wolf Time, for the Einherjar and our King have not returned... yet.
...but only a fool, too, would deny that it draws nearer with every passing day. Fimbulvetr is coming!
And so we need to muster whatever we're able to, to prepare for War that's coming...

It's our duty and our birthright to return to the Aett and defend it during the Great Wolf's absence!
Sharpen your blades and clean your weapons, repair your armors and re-etch all blessings!
Fix every tank, dreadnought or battleship in your Company's Armory! Make haste!
Muster the Kaerls and train new Blood Claws - for the survivors of the Fenrisian Tribes are one of the sturdiest generations since the Allfather's coming!

Drink and brawl with your brothers or go out and hunt the traitors pouring from the Eye!
Retell the Sagas of Old and let the Skjalds know of your newest battles!

Return home, brothers, no matter where you've fought and for how long...
The Aett is home to all Wolves of the Rout and we shall share our mjod, maybe for the last time!

http://img02.deviantart.net/3066/i/2017/096/a/6/trials_by_bloodrave1984-db4vh83.jpg

Orders and Rules

Legal Entries

All units from Codex: Space Wolves, Champions of Fenris and Curse of the Wulfen.
All Space Wolves units from The Horus Heresy Book Seven: Inferno and The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List.
All units that are converted as Space Wolves from the Codex: Space Marines or Angels of Death
All units that are converted as Space Wolves for playing Kill Team, Shadow War: Armageddon, Epic, Battlefleet Gothic or other similiar sub-game systems.

Additionally, special conversions are allowed, IF:
 - Identifiable Space Wolves (converted units from Codex: Space Marines or )
 - Special Space Marine Units of your own design, personalized for your Companies' needs.
(Examples: Salvaged Vehicles of Codex Chapters, Long Fangs in Centurion Armor, etc. - Anything that looks to be part of our Chapter and could be useful in 8th Edition)

- All Primaris Space Marine Units (once released)

Units can be assembled and primed.
Models where painting has already begun, but hasn't been finished, can be pledged - but not for full points.
I would entrust it into your own hands to decide how many points you deem right for the rest of your work!

The validity of these entries fall under the judgement of the Wolf Lords (moderators).

For now, do not exceed 3000 points (7th Edition) for your first vow, as a rough guideline.
We will adapt to 8th Edition points cost, on
ce released.
We will need your help to get them converted properly and frequently updated.

Vows

Every participant can only ever have ONE active vow.
A new vow can only pledged, after the last one has been fulfilled.
Vows should not exceed the 3000 points limit.

All vows and their completion must be proven with pictures.
You can post your vows on Monday, 29th of May and get to working then! So go and prepare them now! Start counting and taking pics!
The only deadline ALL participants have to abide by, is the end of the Event itself.

Brawls and Hardship

As is, the vow structure, is pretty open, straight forward and allows everyone to participate.
For all those who seek special challenges - either self-imposed or to challenge themselves and other brothers - there is the possibility of a special vow.

A Brawl or Hardship can be declared at any time, but only one per participant (until it is fulfilled/over). - But you can take part in all Brawls, you feel able to.
You want to challenge others to complete as many Thunderwolf Cavalry as possible over the course of the Event?
You want to challenge your rival to see who can complete his Leman Russ until a given date? And for both to be judged by the rest of us?
You want to impose a deadline upon your own vow, to see if you can finish it in a month's time?
DO SO!

But know that everyone else is watching you, as witness to your glory or failure.

Rewards

Success and the survival of our Chapter and Hearthworld is our reward!
...no, not really.

Rewarding Banners, for various achievements, will be presented and awarded in time!
If you want to commit some, you can approach me, dantay_vx or Wolf Lord Kieran!

Timeframe

29. May (Monday) to  30. September (Saturday)

http://pre09.deviantart.net/c22b/th/pre/i/2011/292/0/3/heroes_of_fenris_by_majesticchicken-d4ddg6j.jpg

Gather round for the Valdrmót, brothers!

Second Post - Reserved for Lists, Additional Notes and other things!

This might get me off my ass. I still feel really bad for not finishing A Tale of 20 Hobbyists, so count me in for this. I'll have a look at what I can do and get back with a pledge.

+ + + TRANSMITTED: HAUGUI HAF-VIL

+ + + DESTINATION: WOLF LORD KIERAN, WOLF LORD RIKUERU

+ + + DATE: -ERROR, CONFLICTING DATES-

+ + + REFERENCE: VF/1305199100011235813/WT

+ + + ENCRYPTION-KEY: MALM-HRIð + + + AUTHOR:

+ + + WOLF LORD CALDERSSON

+ + + SUBJECT: FENRIS HAS SURVIVED.

+ + + THOUGHT: "LORD RUSS IS OUR FATHER, FENRIS IS OUR MOTHER. MAY WE HONOR BOTH."

WE HAVE EMERGED FROM BEING LOST IN THE WARP. WOLF LORD BAEREK HAS FALLEN, I HAVE TAKEN OVER BAEREKS FURY COMPANY HAS BEEN REFORGED TO BLOOD OF FENRIS LOST COMPANY. WE HAVE TAKEN HEAVY LOSSES AND HAVE BEEN IN TOW WITH A BLACK TEMPLAR SHIP TO ULTRAMAR FOR REPAIR, OUTFITTING AND MEDICAL CARE. WE ARE IN CURRENTLY REPAIRING OUT STORMWOLF "BAEREKS FIST". WILL REPORT WITH WITH UPDATES.

So going to be moving soon so not sure how much I can really do. I have June to do things though. I will have to keep small vows though. I will keep a running log for ease and not take up too many posts.

-1st Vow: 1 Stormwolf

.+ + + TRANSMITTED: Unknown....... 

+ + + DESTINATION: Great Wolf of the Aett
+ + + DATE: -ERROR, CONFLICTING DATES-
+ + + REFERENCE: Unknown... outdated cypher codes
+ + + ENCRYPTION-KEY: MALM-HRIð

+ + + AUTHOR: Dantay_XV  
+ + + SUBJECT: We Return
+ + + THOUGHT: "LORD RUSS IS OUR FATHER, FENRIS IS OUR MOTHER. MAY WE HONOR BOTH."

This universe feels wrong, it is not where we came from, but it is here that we have returned. Much has changed and fallen into ruin, but we have returned to remake that which was sundered.

We are the Wolves of old, bonded in blood to Russ himself, and thereby oathed to protect our home & hearth.

I Jarl Dantay, bring remnants of 1st, 4th, 9 & 11th great companies home.The first troops vowed to land and aid our young kindred shall be a talon of Leviathan dreadnoughts. 2 with grav flux bombard, 2 with claws, 1 with melta lance and drills, all are equipped with chassis mounted volkite weaponry.

Have your priests ready for their sarcophagus require extensive redecoration to honour our brothers.... (they are built and primed grey)

Landings shall occur on 12/06/2017 (when I get home)

Honour to Russ and the 6th. 

I have a squad of seekers 2/3 done so they are out and a squad of veterans who have their first base coat on, so I think they are out too.

Okay, I'm going to start off small and crappy and hopefully once I get rolling further vows will kick in.

I Mactire vow to bring to crucible of battle, 2 x landspeeders and a 5 man command unit of AettGuard (scions) for a total of 50pts.

Pics to follow

Alright, dudes, let's do this.  For the glory of Russ and the Allfather, I pledge two venerable dreadnoughts, revered Bjorn, and three drop pods to tote these hallowed ancients to the battlefield.

valdrmot

I got a start on these last week.  I'll ask for 1 point for the nearly complete ven dread, half points for the other two, and full points for the drop pods.  I'll do the math as I complete.  I throw myself at the mercy of the Wolf Lords.

valdrmot Ven dread

Detail shot of my current progress on the most complete.

Photo credit to my beautiful bride.

Alright, dudes, let's do this. For the glory of Russ and the Allfather, I pledge two venerable dreadnoughts, revered Bjorn, and three drop pods to tote these hallowed ancients to the battlefield.

I got a start on these last week. I'll ask for 1 point for the nearly complete ven dread, half points for the other two, and full points for the drop pods. I'll do the math as I complete. I throw myself at the mercy of the Wolf Lords.

Detail shot of my current progress on the most complete.

Photo credit to my beautiful bride.

Just and FYI, as I know this challenge is based on 7th but in case you play 8th, it appears that dreads can not take drop pods anymore. Though they maybe have a special rule or a special drop pod for dreads now? http://i.imgur.com/Rke8Zfk.jpg

Already vowed a Stormwolf. Have my daughter and my birthday this June, followed by a visit back to the US in July for the first time in 7 years and first time for my family to see my daughter finally moving in the end of august. Mostly be pretty low key this time but with the low amount of warriors stepping forward everything counts.

Oh! I've been waiting for a space wolves challenge! I have been absorbed in reading about the upcoming edition in my short supply of spare time. I need to paint something with all this 40k excitement building, but have no idea what, or exactly where (in the middle of a drawn out and complicated move), but I'll be sure to pledge something before this is through :)

((Freakin' browser ate the whole damned post, shortly before I was finished...))

Welcome, Caldersson, Dantay, Mactire, Wolf Lord Kieran, jbickb, Garreck and rgr_maddog! It is good to see the Jarls gathering so quickly!
I see very varied vows, Wolf Guards and Veterans of the Heresy, Ancients of the Chapter and honored Transport Vehicles and even some Aettguard... I like it already.

Smaller Vows, that grow over time, are perfectly fine! You decide your own pace! There is no shame in small vows - better do one small, master-crafted vow, instead of a huge, hastily done one!

Well, I could not organize this, without jumping into the fray and leading from the front, right?
(Even though I probably punish myself with this... I need a kick in the ass)

So, I, RikuEru, vow to all my brothers present in the Aett, that I will complete the following:

"The Harii" - 5x WG (1x Power-Sword, 4x Chainsword, 5x Boltguns) and 5x GH (4x Bolter, 1x Plasmagun), all with additional Boarding Shields

"The Iron Bears" - 5x WG in {Tartaros} Terminator Armor (5x Double Powerfist)

"The Hvalr-Veiðimani" - 7x WG in {Cataphractii} Terminator Armor (1x Trident&Chainfist, 4x Spear&Chainfist, 1x Legion Vexilla & Wolfclaw, 1x Reaper Autocannon & Powersword)

"Garon's Hunters" - 10x WG in Scout Carapace Armor (Various Weaponry, will decide during assembly - But they will wear metal helmets WITH BEARDS!)

And, because I want to welcome them with open arms, I additionally vow to complete - AND find a fluff justification for - these new-bloods:

- 1 Primaris Captain Thane (Power sword, boltstorm gauntlet);
- 2 Primaris Lieutenants Huskarls (1x power sword and bolt pistol, 1x auto bolt rifle and bolt pistol)
- 1 Primaris Ancient Banner Bearer (Chapter Banner, wielding a bolt rifle and bolt pistol)
- 2 5-man Primaris Intercessor Squads (White?) Hunter Packs (2x 5x bolt rifles and bolt pistols)
- 1 3-man Primaris Inceptor Squad Vulture Kettle (3x 2x assault bolters)
- 1 5-man Primaris Hellblaster Squad Pack (5x plasma incinerators and bolt pistols)

+++THOUGHT: "In battle we fight together, shed blood together, die together - Under the Allfather's gaze, we will become brothers."

Edited by RikuEru

I am going to delay my vow. I must think if I will continue as a SW. The changes to the lore have me thinking of changing. The future of the SW are not what I want. I will have to read this book and see what my thoughts are.

1 Sicarian Battle Tank
4 Contemptor Dreadnaughts of various loadout.
40 Grey Slayers
20 Support and heavy support Slayers
10 Terminators
3 Rhinos
2 Predators
1 Stormeagle
1 Fireraptor
1 Rune Priest
1 Wolf Priest
2 Theyns
1 Praetor
3 Iron Priests
Hvarl Redaxe
Greigor Fellhand
4 Fenrisian Wolves

I will probably add more.

I already started the Sicaran, but not before the start of this project. Everything else is partially assembled. Should have half the slayers done by the end of next week. Thats about 3200pts, give or take some equipment.

1 Sicarian Battle Tank

4 Contemptor Dreadnaughts of various loadout.

40 Grey Slayers

20 Support and heavy support Slayers

10 Terminators

3 Rhinos

2 Predators

1 Stormeagle

1 Fireraptor

1 Rune Priest

1 Wolf Priest

2 Theyns

1 Praetor

3 Iron Priests

Hvarl Redaxe

Greigor Fellhand

4 Fenrisian Wolves

I will probably add more.

I already started the Sicaran, but not before the start of this project. Everything else is partially assembled. Should have half the slayers done by the end of next week. Thats about 3200pts, give or take some equipment.

Good grief GM, you shame me