++ The Valdrmót - The Wolves' Gathering ++

RikuEru

• 2 weeks later...

So my initial pledge was 5 units. I've completed the 2 Jump Pack Wolf Guard and the Grey Hunters... bikes still in VERY slow progress.

image (28)

The 'Metal Militia' of very old metal models painted up to finish a 10 man squad of Grey Hunters

image (29)

The 'Golden Bolter Society'... Jump Pack Wolf Guard with Storm Bolters and Frost Swords (or chain swords if I need to keep the points down)

image (30)

Plasma Bomb Jump Pack Wolf Guard with Combi-plasma and Plasma Pistols. I have decided to call the Thunder Hammers "The Blackmaws" as there will be one with every unit of Wolf Guard painted for this set of vows.

Hrmpf, I have neglected this for too long...

Garreck, great work on the Dread! The Forgeworld plates make such a honorable Venerable Dread with Axe & Shield!

Wolf_Priest_Dantay, or should I say Dan, I am... disappointed that you put so much of your great work into a damned Thousand Son! :biggrin.: Still looks good, can't wait to see that huge Venerable Brother finished.

Good to see you join in, rgr_maddog, graceslick and Jonny Wolf! Can't wait to see all of your works!

...and Gemini, you lead by example. A vow, quickly followed up by large progress! Now I wanna see those bikers!

And on my end of the hobby, I... have to admit the shame I brought to the Fang.
I haven't done anything. My troops are still not primed.
To be fully honest, I packed them away, for the last 3 weeks...

... but it has caused me to think about what I really want from the hobby, how much of my collection I really need, I don't play much anyway, do I quit entirely, or if I should just sell some stuff, maybe the old models, with more and more Primaris-sized releases on the horizon, but would that be worth the
hassle, etc.
And you know what... :censored: that. Fenris teaches us to defy the odds! I will find a way to continue my duties as a Wolf Lord!
FENRYS HJOLDA, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

P.S.: To all Fathers and Mothers in the Aett: I have such a huge amount of Respect for each and every one of you now, more than I had before. If anyone does the Emperor's Work, it's you...

Edited by RikuEru

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I apologise for failing in this challenge.

I got part way through my dreads and ad the bright idea of doing my own decal designs to try and speed things up.

Well it has been a bit of a disaster. The ink on the decal has disappeared and I severely underestimated how the dark grey would "absorb" the colour

They look more like really badly drawn pictures

37398808622_f9b0ae34b5_b.jpgdread 1 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

37429364801_e6bb8afc54_b.jpgdreads by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

Back to the drawing board

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Would I be able to make a pledge for a unit that is already built and primed? no additional paint yet. I'm down for a challenge and could use the timeline enforced by Brothers to hold me accountable to painting. Plus, I would like to be able to pledge more than just a Ven.Dread. :biggrin.:

If possible, I pledge to paint said units by the end of February.

- 5 man unit of Long Fangs (built and primed)

- 5 man unit of PA Wolf Guard (zenithal primed, but need to be painted)

- Venerable Dreadnought (to be built and painted)

For March, 2020 - I pledge:

- 5 man unit of Long Fangs (primed)

- 3 Thunder Wolves (built, not painted)

- Thunderwolf Battle Leader (built, not painted)

I can do my best to supply photos before I begin at all, if necessary :biggrin.:

• 1 month later...

Vow to get this done by July

Finish of storm sields for wolfgaurd *5

Build and paint 12* long fangs with assorted wepons

Finish painting 9 intercessors 

finish painting 4 hell blasters

3* inceptors currently base coated

2 wulfen to bring the unit up to a total of 7 models

Would have finished by now but every time im close i pick up some more models lol.

oh and this is dependant on the new box set.

Edited by Sarto ripped claw