A new Son of Russ

crd26a

Greetings to the Space Wolves community, looks like I've survived the Trials and joining the SW forces.  Mainly in the hobby to paint at this point given family and work commitments, but eventually hoping to start to pickup games in a very strong gaming area of the US, Seattle.  I've started my army out with the Start Collecting box (most of my way through it) and found a decent deal on a Warriors of the Fang box on eBay to tackle next.  Should give me a good leg to start my Ironwolves force out with.  Needless to say, I'm wanting to maximize my set and have some questions on some weapon additions, especially on the long fangs & grey hunters.

My plan is to pickup some new torso's for the Skyhunters & Long Fangs from Kromlech's Sons of Thor (plus some shoulder pads for the Long Fangs, fur cloaks for Rune Priest, and additional legs to add a few more Grey Hunters).  As I'm probably going to place the order anyways, I was hoping I could get some suggestions for additions for heavy weapons for the Long Fangs (assume I'll eventually add another set or two of the Long Fangs) plus anything I might want to consider outside the normal sprues for the Grey Hunters.

Any / all suggestions welcome, as I'm hoping to get a solid base list going for eventually playing some local games.

Welcome aboard!

At this point, I would recommend that you be a little patient and give us about a month; we'll need to digest the new rules, units, and weapon options fully before we can give you any worthwhile recommendations.

Edited by Valerian

• 3 weeks later...

Throwing this back to the top to see if anyone wants to opine early on the Long Hunter weapon choices.  I've picked up a Razorback, Predator & Dreadnaught since and have been working on them while I wait to tackle the Warriors of the Fang box.

Having finally gotten through some lore and finding the fate of the Ironwolves out (and p*ssed about it, given the coverage in the Codex, Painting Guide & Curse of the Wulfen force information), I'm keeping my shoulder pads bare for now until I decide on a new force to go with.  Just wish GW would give us more to go on the fate on backfilling the companies.

Throwing this back to the top to see if anyone wants to opine early on the Long Hunter weapon choices. I've picked up a Razorback, Predator & Dreadnaught since and have been working on them while I wait to tackle the Warriors of the Fang box.

Having finally gotten through some lore and finding the fate of the Ironwolves out (and p*ssed about it, given the coverage in the Codex, Painting Guide & Curse of the Wulfen force information), I'm keeping my shoulder pads bare for now until I decide on a new force to go with. Just wish GW would give us more to go on the fate on backfilling the companies.

Yea, that annoyed me to, gave them loads of coverage and then seemingly killed them off. I based all my wolves around d them, even modeled Egil like he is depicted in the books, then they killed him. I have decided my wolves are now a fleet based lost company who fight in a similar way to the iron wolves, with lots of tanks and heavy support.

Welcome to the Aett! Always nice to have more blood claws about.

Kromlech does make some very nice torsos. I tend to go with the Devestator box set for my long fangs. So two boxes of them will give you options for the heavy weapons if you feel the need for 4 heavy bolters, etc.

Lo, the Ironwolves are no more I still sport the standard and shoulder pads for them. They are not dead to me.