Triszin's log: desolators, kroot, phobos

Hey man, new to your thread. I just happened to notice a post by my friend saying he thought your stuff was awesome so I had a good look through and he wasn't wrong was he!

Space wolves are fantastic, really enjoy the dymanism and rebuids for your counts as units. They look so cool. You Tau are fun, they some of them kind of remind me of those robots from Portal 2? Anyway yeah they were also great and the GSC themed army looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff and please you've posted again.

thanks!

the Tau are inspired by Titanfall 2.

and my mini background for them is.

4th sphere break away auxillary militia supported by tau that did not go xenophobic murder crazy. as a result, the 4th sphere proper will attack them on sight, the 5th sphere is wary of them as their tech has changed, patchworked together out of imperial tech and tau tech.

as a result they work on the ever expanding frontier of tau space. claiming new worlds and moving on to the next, so the 4th/5th can settle it proper.

they also will react as first responders if a tau world comes under seige, and leave shortly after the fight is nearly won

The Warboss is cracking, great use of the Centurion parts.

Ya, I had some centurion parts laying around, and wanted to make a big drill for my mega boss and sat around thinking for a bit. alone the centurion drill isn't menacing, but angling and combining 3 of them makes a mean mega drill.

=D

Edited by Triszin

some updates

imple update

mounted the "pet" drone gurram has

N47Ks9R.jpg

added the second gsc pilot

add the tentacle arms to the other half, some bags to the mount. also did the ammo compartment.

(next to do, sculpt the ammo feed line, and lots of sculpting touch ups.)

also

work on the Brumark has begun!!!

HE"S A BIGGIN'

GUmApJ1.jpg

brumark for reference

jeremy-chong-lemonsky-the-coalition-gear

I’m sad you’ve betrayed your oaths brother but at least it was worth it! Super cool stuff, both the GSC and the warboss look phenomenal! Love the chained up drone especially!

Do you have a scheme for either yet?

Edited by FearPeteySodes

I’m sad you’ve betrayed your oaths brother but at least it was worth it! Super cool stuff, both the GSC and the warboss look phenomenal! Love the chained up drone especially!

Do you have a scheme for either yet?

yeah, I actually painted a test scheme for it years ago.

armor dark brown/black with a dark red highlight (armor + Carapace)

skin is a grey white w/ a beige fade into the leather skin which should be a black/green with a dark green highlight.

I have an idea to do painting/texturing. Paint the skin white/grey then do a very small layer of crackle paint (with a drop of black/green mixed in), on the leather back skin spots. and then drybrush and highlight that. to give a scaly/hardened skin look.

and My wolves need something to smack around!

Edited by Triszin

some stuff ive been working on

updating my bloodclaws.

D6hyDHt.jpg

Blood claw pack leader with power axe

hrbjX7E.jpg

Blood Claws Wolf guard pack leader, Storm sheild wolf claw

KcQncNj.jpg

reviers, bolt carbines

VTYMhVN.jpg

reivers, srgnt bolt carbine, blade

7pPkPhj.jpg

Aggressors: Jotun pattern ; wip

8kL2z7m.jpg

DL5r5ei.jpg

PAYScUw.jpg

8bbkQ9P.jpg

Yep!

Agressor bodies

Centurion legs

Titanicus hull!

Centurion legs to better deal with the weight of the Imperial Knights carapace you mounted atop the Agressor, and an Imperial Knights carapace to... do what? Incorporate heavier armor and ion shield generators, meaning your custom Agressors each have a 2+ Armor Save and a 5+ Invulnerable Save?

Yep!

Agressor bodies

Centurion legs

Titanicus hull!

Centurion legs to better deal with the weight of the Imperial Knights carapace you mounted atop the Agressor, and an Imperial Knights carapace to... do what? Incorporate heavier armor and ion shield generators, meaning your custom Agressors each have a 2+ Armor Save and a 5+ Invulnerable Save?

These started out as an idea for primaris terminators. I liked it so just made a squad of aggressors.

But ya, I kinda think primaris Terminator eauivelants might have a miniature void shield6+, on top of gravis stat with a 3+ shield

Loving your stuff and your creativity dude!

Quick question, what modelling putty are you using?

Kneadatite Brown/Neutral Epoxy Putty Tape (Brown Stuff)

I find it easier to see detail while sculpting it for some reason.

Bonus!

Keandite brownstuff I have found to actually be somewhat magnetic. when placed near a magnet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good job on the rukka trukk.

Pip update on the rukka truck

Gretchin: " 'EY BOSS! DIS SQUIG IS WEIRD~!"

Gretchin: " BOSSS!!!"

Boss: " Ahh, Da Warp 'Ead Squig!"

lWeYvBl.jpg

Looks like Nurgle got his hands on the "Warp 'Ead Squig." Shouldn't your Ork Boss and his Gretchins get flu shots, maybe a couple doses of antibiotics, just in case?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a very Borderlands-ish vibe from that paint job, and I like it :thumbsup:

THANKS!

I never go for anything besides a color pallete initially, I justpaint. and it ends up looking this way.

quick pip update on the rukka truck

Just the Ork with launcher to paint, then base it and dirt effects

SOkcgvW.jpg?1

G0PeVcd.jpg?1

Beautiful work on the Squig Buggy. Can't help but wonder if it's a looted Warthog, considering the roll bar configuration.

I definitely got the same vibes. I contemplated buying another one to try to convert into an imperial hauler.

The rukka truck has a lot of depth to it, so it was a little frustrating painting/building it as it has to be done in segments.

But it is a freaking good model.