Marshal Vulpes and the Justification Crusade

Thanks. :)

I've got some better quality pics now as well as my first Primaris Inse...Ince...Inters... troop guy. ;)

19225750 10154724015558004 3981322035045340997 N

19366154 10154724015638004 3921433469340364152 N

19366172 10154724015593004 5606735337590455045 N

19274954 454515344919252 7621229196350267252 N

19247611 454515364919250 3364195241174880166 N

Really enjoying painting these guys.
Not sure what colour to do for the Hellblaster's weapons tho.
I want to use blue for the Plasma bit on top, but red and blue don't really go together very well.
I could leave them black but that might blend in with the armour too much. Thoughts?

Red and blue can look a bit... 2nd ed, if you know what I mean.

I think blue coils with a rusty orange could look good but might be at odds with the rest of your army. In any case some kind of representation of it overloading every now and then would be cool and fluffy; it's not going to be the cleanest if weapons.

That doesn't look too bad. 

I'll do a test mini tonight and see how it looks.

Quick question regarding Crusader squads, if I take squad of 1 Sword Brethren and 9 Initiates, Can they start the game inside a Land Raider? 

I'm rather puzzled how transports and stuff work now. I'm fine using a Land raider to fill up one of my heavy slots, but do they have to start the game on the table or can they start inside?

I've got some better quality pics now as well as my first Primaris Inse...Ince...Inters... troop guy. :wink:

LOL, well it was that or Tacticus Maximus. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got a little more painting done (I'm so slow. >_<)

19814067 10154775558423004 1679486552 O

19883883 10154778791768004 452293924 N

Really exited as I've added this chap to my Black Templars to! :D

19987613 10154788529308004 199116283 N

19988891 10154788529288004 1553184284 N

I Managed to get my hands on some really cheap BT etched brass which I've used for the Contemptor and the Primais Ancients banner. :)

Thanks guys. :)

I used my marines in their first game using 8th ed last night.

I must say, I'm surprisingly pleased with the interceptors, for some reason I thought they were very over costed for a jump pack unit. Goes to show its hard to judge units fairly until you actually try them.

The game was against Orks; 77 Power Level, purge the alien rules.

Orks managed to steal the initiative and started the game with a brutal volly of Loota and Flash Gitz fire which killed an alarming amount of my marines.

Undetered by the early casulaties my Interceptors jumped behind the Ork's back line, obliterated the unit of Lootas (that had already wiped out a 5 man incessor squad) and murdered their Weirdboy HQ. Lesson learned here for both of us: keep your characters well guarded in case some jerks deepstrike up behind you and fill you them of bullets.

Hellblasters maintained their reputations as insanely brutal by murdering anything that came within 30"; Battlewagons, Flash Gits and even (humorously) 30 grots.

The incessors didn't really do much apart from die to Ork shooting (!?!) but I cant expect everything to perform perfectly on their first mission.

We called the game at the end of turn 3 and although the Ork player had technically killed 2 more PL worth of units than I had, he conceded that his remaining few units were not going to shift my 9 remaining hellblasters and the Gravis Captain from their backfield bunker.

All in all, I'm very happy with their first performance. I was very worried about the low model count and high cost for each of the Primaris units, but they (more or less) all managed to earn their points. 

For your amusement, here's a picture of 10 helblasters murdering a unit of 30 grots.

19956779 464964507207669 1348981979449551994 O

Next time I think I'll drop one of the incessor units and add in a unit of Sororitas in a rhino with Celestine replacing one of the lieutenants. I think their flamers will be much more useful against orks than the bolt rifles.

I really can't recommend them highly enough.

With 30" range, potential S8 Ap-4 and 2D per wound, they are really cost effective.

Speaking of cost effective long ranged support, I'd like to introduce you guys to my Vindicare Assassin. :D

The rules for this guy are nuts!

20108241 467699073600879 7645946964834285674 N

20046545 467699090267544 1248934458510770553 N

20139820 467699103600876 729971609840443023 N

Quick question guys.

I've got a league coming up and I'm about 90 points short of a pure BT Primaris force.

I would really love to run Inquisitor Greyfax alongside my Templars, but she is a psycher and I have doubts that the Templars would put up with such a thing.

Obviously we don't take Librarians etc, but would it be flying in the face of the fluff if they teamed up with an Inquisitor for a short campaign?

On one hand, Templars and the inquisition seem to go hand in hand, but I can't get over the whole "witch" thing.

What do you guys think: a neat way to get round our lack of Psychic defence (and an excuse to use one of the most beautiful models to ever be released by GW) or a terrible abomination?

Templars and Greyfax personally have worked together during the Gathering Storm on Cadia... apparently they respect her enough to let her work with them, especially since she hates the fact that she's a psyker herself... Witch Hunting Witch as the case may be... I'd say go for it, and you can pretend that the Primaris force you have is a true scale of the Templar force for the 1st Gathering Storm...

In the 4th ed codex it's stated explicitly that BT would not fight alongside a psyker of any kind with the sole exception of the Grey Knights.

In my opinion however Inquisition in general should be ok to field alongside Templars, witch or not. Still having an eye on that witch and the triggerfinger close to the bolt pistol... ;)

In the 4th ed codex it's stated explicitly that BT would not fight alongside a psyker of any kind with the sole exception of the Grey Knights.

In my opinion however Inquisition in general should be ok to field alongside Templars, witch or not. Still having an eye on that witch and the triggerfinger close to the bolt pistol... :wink:

In that time, inquisitors were part of the grey knights codex right?

I have included once Lord Hector Rex of the Ordo Malleum. I think it's acceptable but as Marshal Wolfhart said, keep your weapons at hand. You know, just in case.

In the 4th ed codex it's stated explicitly that BT would not fight alongside a psyker of any kind with the sole exception of the Grey Knights. In my opinion however Inquisition in general should be ok to field alongside Templars, witch or not. Still having an eye on that witch and the triggerfinger close to the bolt pistol...

Actually, it's not a bad idea to have an Inquisitor or two around. You can't always count on finding good firewood and in a pinch, an Inquisitor or two, will keep the fire going till morning.

Might be the gallery itself... I guess it depends on the code that you use to put on the img tags... might have image resolution in there if you know the right codes...

Also, did you anime her eyes? It just looks big from my perspective, but I could be wrong since I'm looking at this pic at 2am...

OK, so now I want to start making some BT specific units, starting with the EMPEROR'S CHAMPION!

The problem: he is going to look super wimpy compared to my other all-primaris force.

The solution: Convert the Power-sword Primaris Lieutenant. 

Is there anything I specifically need to have on the model to make it stand out as an EMPERORS CHAMPION?
Obviously he needs a kick ass new Black Sword and I like the olive leaf writhe that traditionally adorns his helmet (I've got a spare Blood Angel helmet that will do the trick) but is there anything else he specifically NEEDS in order to be recognised as an champ of the big E?

Lorewise: the Emperor's Champion wields the Black Sword, and the Armor of Faith.

I am finding myself in a similar situation at the moment, as I am looking to create a custom Emperor's Champion. The Black Sword isn't really that difficult. Sure it is iconic looking on the model itself, but any "big" Sword will do if you take some time to properly paint it and set it up. The Armor of Faith is a different story. It is very old, and as such doesn't have any details which the newer armor's have such as the Aguila that all the newer power armor has. Furthermore, if you really wanted to stick true to the lore: a Primaris Marine would not 'fit' the Armor of Faith as it is designed for a regular Space Marine. 

Technically, and conversion wise, you can do what you want. Sure a Primaris unit can be converted in the Emperor's Champion. Lorewise however, the Armor would most likely mismatch. It's just a matter of how close to the lore you want to stay. A dilemma I am currently facing myself :-). 

Edited by Gerhard

Lorewise: the Emperor's Champion wields the Black Sword, and the Armor of Faith.

I am finding myself in a similar situation at the moment, as I am looking to create a custom Emperor's Champion. The Black Sword isn't really that difficult. Sure it is iconic looking on the model itself, but any "big" Sword will do if you take some time to properly paint it and set it up. The Armor of Faith is a different story. It is very old, and as such doesn't have any details which the newer armor's have such as the Aguila that all the newer power armor has. Furthermore, if you really wanted to stick true to the lore: a Primaris Marine would not 'fit' the Armor of Faith as it is designed for a regular Space Marine. 

Technically, and conversion wise, you can do what you want. Sure a Primaris unit can be converted in the Emperor's Champion. Lorewise however, the Armor would most likely mismatch. It's just a matter of how close to the lore you want to stay. A dilemma I am currently facing myself :-). 

If you just deem the Primaris as True-scale Marines instead of actual Primaris, then that issue goes away :p If not, then you have no choice but to have fluff inconvenience and either have a smaller Emperor's Champion, or a non-fluff Emperor's Champion...

If you're decent on Green Stuff, a cheat way is to shave of chest areas and give him a tabard... that way you cover any Aquilas...

Freeguild General has a decently sized sword which you could use for your Emperor's Champion... or maybe the Battle-mages for a flaming sword... or maybe some Stormcast for more ornate ones along the blade, but using a basic power sword would make it look small for a Primaris Emperor's Champion... might as well be Black Blade instead of Sword... :p

but a basic 2-handed sword from Fantasy AoS should be decent for a Primaris Champion...