Marshal Vulpes and the Justification Crusade

OK, Emperor's champ is completed!

20561949 10154851673898004 1672645489 N

20526709 10154851673943004 1905428605 N

20526420 10154851674113004 528491797 N

I used the Primaris Lieutenant as a base, , replaced his helmet with a Blood Angel on with the BA icons scalped off for the wreath.

He has the Dark Angel Relic blade as a Black Sword and then lots of BT gubbins stuck all over.

Sadly I don't have the skillz to green-stuff any robes or tabbards, so he'll have to do without.

I think he looks enough like a Specific BT model now for people to not mistake him for a regular Primaris Lieutenant.

Thoughts?

I cant for the life of me figure out how to make them any bigger.

They are fine if you click them; they blow up nice and large, but for some reason the gallery only displays them as puny little images. >_<

Technically you need a series of right clicks...

• right click the image and open in a new tab... it should open a tab to the gallery...
  • left click the image you want to enlarge and right click to open in another new tab...
  • right click the image in the new tab and copy the image address
  • Go back to the forum page where you want to post the enlarged image and on the bottom tool bar of the post section, the 11th item should be the post image tab
  • Paste the URL to this tab and post...

you should come up with this:

gallery_73127_13288_26736.jpg

I've got my Landraider.

I've got my Emperors champ.

I guess I need at least one crusader squad.

How do you guys build your crusader squads?

My plan is to just get one of the Black Templar upgrade boxes and then just grab a few second hand marines from my FLGS and mod them up a bit.

Whats the general opinion on Sword bro / Neophite / crusader ratio and weapon loadouts?

Edited by Bukimimaru

Typical loadouts would be:

5 Initiate shooty (1 heavy, 1 special, 1 combi)

10 Initiate 5 Neophyte melee (1 special, 1 melee, 1 mellee on SB) ideally in LRC

Anything else is more of a rare occurance imo. Albeit multiple 5man melee squads together in one transport might take over.

Quick question dudes (I'm at work and I don't have my rulebook to hand.

If I take a single Battalion detachment for my Templars but add an assassin, does that stop me being able to use chapter tactics?

Do I have to put the Assassin into an Auxillery detachment?

If I take a single Battalion detachment for my Templars but add an assassin, does that stop me being able to use chapter tactics?

Seems that way.

Or you could put them in an [imperium] vanguard detachment or something.  

Seems that way.

I just want the one unfortunately.

I'm taking a 1750 list against a friend of mine on Friday and its all Templar stuff apart from one Vindicare Assassin. :/

EDIT:

I've got the book in front of me:

"If your army is battleforged, all infantry, bike and dreadnought units in a space marine detachment gain a chapter tactic, so long as every unit in the detachment is drawn from the same chapter".

As the assassin isn't from a chapter at all, does that infringe on the detachments ability to use chapter tactics?

Edited by Bukimimaru

Storm cast greatswords should be the correct scale for primaris marines.

If you dont want to shell out for the storm cast boxes, kromlech rippers has a giant greatsword which should still look suitably large in primaris hands

http://i.imgur.com/Isfpwdr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bSYxoDw.jpg?1

Seems that way.

I just want the one unfortunately.

I'm taking a 1750 list against a friend of mine on Friday and its all Templar stuff apart from one Vindicare Assassin. :/

EDIT:

I've got the book in front of me:

"If your army is battleforged, all infantry, bike and dreadnought units in a space marine detachment gain a chapter tactic, so long as every unit in the detachment is drawn from the same chapter".

As the assassin isn't from a chapter at all, does that infringe on the detachments ability to use chapter tactics?

Yes the assassin would break that detachment's ability to be fully [black Templar] and would make it an [imperium] detachment

Finished a couple more intercessors.

gallery_73127_13288_6926.jpg

gallery_73127_13288_42464.jpg

I've got a game planned tonight against Space marines (not sure which chapter but he's using the new codex, so at least I know its not SW, BA or DA.

This is what I'm planning to take:

gallery_73127_13288_117380.jpg

(sorry for the crummy image quality)

1750 Imperium list
(Battalion for the core and an Auxilery for the Assassin)

HQ:
Emperors Champ
Gravis Captain

Elite:

Contemptor Dread with Melta
Primaris Ancient with the Relic Standard

Vindicare Assassin

Troops:

5x Intercessors with Stalkers, a grenade launcher and a powersword

5x Intercessors with bolt rifles, a grenade launcher and a powersword

5x Intercessors with bolt rifles, a grenade launcher and a powersword

Fast:

3x Inceptors with bolters

Heavy:

5x Hellblasters

5x Hellblasters

1x Landraider

That gives me 5 command points.

Assuming my FLGS has any in stock, I will be buying and using the new Open Play card deck. I've used them once before and they are so much fun.

Hello sir,

Excellent painted models. And as I ask on every plog... how did you go about achieving your results?

I.e. How did you paint your black? ... white? Highlights etc.

It looks very clean and it still looks black.

Eshin grey and dawnstone for edge edge?

As for the game, best of luck! Your force looks mighty.

Question, though, what are you bringing the LRC for? Firepower?

Personally I like to fill up on capacity when able. If you like firewood save some points by taking a pred?

Thanks for the compliment. :)

The paint scheme is:

Chaos Black Spray

Drybrush Abbadon Black

Edge Highlight Eshin greay

Edge Highlights in dawnstone 

Wash with Nuln Oil anywhere that looks too bright.

The game was a success, I played "Relic" against Ultramarines and smashed them good and proper.

My opponent teleported 10 terminators onto the relic at the start of turn one, but I managed to wipe all 10 of them out with my Hellblasters by turn two with some very lucky rolling.

Inceptors continue to surprise me every single game with how awesome they are.

I had another game using the exact same list but adding in Celestine and Greyfax against a bunch of Greyknights.

I managed a very late game victory when a lucky lascanon shot stripped Draigo of his last 4 wounds. Draigo had butchered his way through my Emperors Champion, Conteptor Dread, 9 Intercessors and the assassin before I finally put him down. What a Monster!

I took the landraider because I have no other real Anti-tank firepower. I know I don't have any models that can ride in it (Except the Emperor's Champ) but having a huge distraction that's very hard to hurt and can pump out lots of damage is worth the cost, even if its transport capacity is wasted. It survived both games pretty much untouched and caused enough damage / was a good enough distraction to be worth the points IMO

I've got next week off workj, so I'm hoping to get all my current models painted. Once they are all done, my fiancee has promised to buy me the beautiful new Redemptor Dreadnaught.
Once the dread is done, I'm planning to get the new grav-tank and a squad of flame-gauntlet Agressors to finish my army off.  ...  And maybe some Reivers because who has ever really "finished" an army. ;) 

Something to consider if you have the models is taking two Quad Las Preds instead of the LR. Individually they are less durable, but together have 5 extra wounds than the LR, present two targets to your opponent and trade the heavy bolter for double the number of Las shots.  

Grats on you game though!

I think once I have the new grav tank I'll drop the Land raider altogether. Then my entire army will just be 100% Primaris stuff and a few characters converted into the same scale. 

I notice there is a little dude sticking out the top of the Repulsor, would this guy be a Tech Marine? If so, should he have red armour or am I ok to keep the armour black??

I think once I have the new grav tank I'll drop the Land raider altogether. Then my entire army will just be 100% Primaris stuff and a few characters converted into the same scale. 

I notice there is a little dude sticking out the top of the Repulsor, would this guy be a Tech Marine? If so, should he have red armour or am I ok to keep the armour black??

I don't think there are Primaris Techmarines just yet, so safe to bet that this guy is a Primaris Marine who just mans the guns...

I don't think there are Primaris Techmarines just yet, so safe to bet that this guy is a Primaris Marine who just mans the guns...

Oh good. A random red guy on an otherwise black vehicle might look a bit odd.

I also feel I have to mention the relic banner you can put on the Primaris Ancient. Holy crap that thing ROCKS if you keep it in range of some Hellblaster squads.

In my last game against Greyknights, every single time he shot down one of my Hellblasters, the dying model let off two overcharged S8 ap4 2 damage rounds and killed 1 if not 2 terminators. 

I really makes your opponent think twice about shooting at your Hellblasters from anything under 30" range, or even worse at under 15".

Still not really found a use for the intercessors. Aside from filling up Troop slots for those tasty command points, they seem to just stand around in useless little groups of 5. They don't exactly die quickly, but they don't kill much either, and if they get into combat with anything, they either just die or get tangled in an eternal slap fight that goes on for the entire game. 

Maybe I'll find more uses for them once they have a transport.

My new Pin drill finally arrived, so I've spent most of this afternoon drilling the gun barrels for all my Templars.
I don't normally bother (which is why I've only just now, after 8 years in the hobby bought a drill) but I was getting sick of posting up pictures of my lovingly painted models up on facebook groups, only to have mouth-breathers constantly bombard me with comments like "OMG, y u no drill barrelz noob!?". :sleep:

It seems like an awful lot of effort for something that you cant even see unless you are looking reeeaaalllllyyyy closely, but if it means I start getting helpful advise and genuine praise rather than bombarded with criticism then I suppose it will all be worth it. 

I've got a tourney this weekend in Cardiff with the Vale Renegades, but I'm playing Necrons so my Templars will have to take a back burner now until my week off next week.

Hopefully I'll get all my remaining Templar models done by the end of next week, just in time for payday to pick up the Redemptor. :smile.:

Edited by Bukimimaru