How to run an online painting campaign instructional video

Doghouse

The system I have designed allows people to run either a painting campaign to encourage people to get their armies ready for 8th edition or it can used as a traditional campaign system.

Hopefully the sound isn't as bad as the last one but it is a very simple but tactical system that allows players who are solely into painting to run their own campaign creating the lore and narrative of the planet they fight over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8e1Bkdgu64&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=Doghouse40k

That's a really interesting concept Doghouse. It's clear that you've put a lot of thought and effort into this so well done. I like that you made an effort to cater to those who don't actually game with 40k models. If I had one recommendation, I'd suggest speeding up the sections where you are adding blocks onto the map in the video, as they seemed to drag on for a while. Just a thought.

On the whole, this is a really solid concept and I'd be interested to see where you go next with this kind of thing.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks mate :)

I must admit I know it's sad but it makes me laugh when I watch the box ticking with the dramatic music...most intense box filling ever! :D

What I'm hoping is to throw out some ideas and try to look at different ways that people can experience the hobby. It was a sort of double sided attempt to give painters a way they can game even if it's not something they are normally into or able to participate in and providing regular gamers with a system that creates a narrative.

I think the main problem with stuff like this is getting people past the phantom of officialdom and trying new ways to play without relying on supplements or game updates.

I shouldn't think many will try it but even if it inspires someone to try and make their own campaign it's worth the effort.

Archived