Touch up my 8th Edition DG army

bozo69pd

So I am trying to decide what is going to be a decent approach to fighting all the Ultramarines that are going to be about with my DG. We pretty much have all the info we need to play games at this point, and I have done several mock battles already. DG seem pretty good in 8th here, and that Mortarian video now has me totally amped up.

The way I see DG as having always/will always play is an army that refuses to relinquish objectives, tarpits the enemy, and whittles them down slowly while rarely ever tabling your opponent.

We know eternal and maelstrom missions are still in 8th. What are some thoughts on the best balance towards getting a win against enemy astartes... I could simply use al 50 of my PM's, 200 cultists, Typhus and some renegade knights. I suspect there will be more to it than that however with army synergies (a very prevalent mechanic in AoS). I think most of the DG support characters will simply come in the starter box + Morty purchase of course.

Hopefully, I may get to run my Plaguereaper once again. How are you going to build to spread glorious rot?

My fledgling Death Guard contingent is more thematic than competitive, based around a horde of shambling zombies interspersed with walkers and the odd buffing or combat character so I think this will actually transfer pretty nicely with the new drones; bonuses to pox walkers for unit size and buffs that the pretty lethal Lord hands out.

I'll be running mostly plague marines with 3 plasma guns in each squad supported by lots of Contemptors and maybe even a leviathan. What should really be interesting should be how non plague marines are affected will our non plague marines get the feel no pain like in traitors legions otherwise it'll mostly be plague marines which is sad as I liked fielding Chosen and havocs with feel no pain saved me a lot

This is what i have been wondering as well as the new 40k rules are very similar in style to age of sigmar so far, and chaos there only get the keyword of their god so they can be buffed by character abilities, no bonus like in the days of fantasy or current 40k

I'll be running mostly plague marines with 3 plasma guns in each squad supported by lots of Contemptors and maybe even a leviathan. What should really be interesting should be how non plague marines are affected will our non plague marines get the feel no pain like in traitors legions otherwise it'll mostly be plague marines which is sad as I liked fielding Chosen and havocs with feel no pain saved me a lot

This. I have a bunch of bikers (who I want to leave on the shelf because I am sick of using them so much the past 6 years), but I hope all of my termies and helbrutes get to come out and play. Leviathan would be a great play, I have some ideas on how to convert a nemesis dreadknight + maggoth beast into one.

Another thing I am hung up on is what to do with my 21 old PM's (I am thinking about converting them into havocs) and couple hundred cultists...

Archived