Blades of Alaric - Dark Angels Successors.

Been stupidly busy all weekend so finally got some painting done today. :smile.:

I am also returning to the Blades of Alaric, I have put too much time into them to give up on them.

So I will make my 3rd Company go through the Rubicon, in a similar way how I did a short story for Johan when Primaris were announce.

The Choice

Johan stood with Lothar Arkley and other members of the Unforgiven, to his left a Master clad in jet black armour, the crimson stripe standing out on his bifurcated helm, and ancient armour but it was the Sword he carried that stood out. To his right a similarly clad black armoured Master stood the cowl of his hood hid his most of his features apart from the grin, the winged hooded skull on his tabard stood out in gloom, Johan knew of at least four Chapter Masters in attendance in the gathering, all awaited Lord Azraels statement.

Not everyone has knowledge of what Azrael was about to deliver, the Primaris Project, the Blades of Vengeance were the first now it was time to decide who would take the Gene Therapy that could be applied to their own Chapters.

Lord Azrael silenced his brothers with a raised hand, the whole gathering turned to their Supreme Grand Master.

‘Brothers you know why we gather today, I thank you all for attending, as some of you are aware we have received vistitors from Mars a new Chapter of Space Marines using our very blood Sons of the Lion, the Blades of Vengeance have presented themselves to us, we do not know fully their mettle but if they are found wanting they will not progress.”

Murmers broke out in the crowd, Johan looked at his cowled friend and passed a concerned look only for his Brother to shake his head.

Azrael raised his hand again, the Council fell silent.

He continued

“We have also been informed that we ourselves can be give this Gene Therapy, I will say this brothers adding these ‘Primaris’ to our ranks through trusted Brothers would be the preferred way.”

“To that end I held a separate council with six other Chapter Masters on who will be the first to undertake this honour.’

Again the gathered Unforgiven began to converse.

Azrael gave them a moment before signalling them for quiet again.

“We have decided the first to receive the honour will be.’

He pointed at Johan,

He continued.

“The Knight Commander has ever proven himself a defender of our ways he shall be the first of our Gathering to accept the new ways and merge them with our goals.”

Johan was stunned. He was not completely sure what he was being given.

He looked at Lord Azrael, and his fist across the Aquilla on his armour “I will not fail Lord. ”

Lothar placed his hand on the young Commanders shoulders, “I always considered you my Successor brother but it’s not meant to be, I am honoured to have served with you Brother.”

The Grand Cross offered his arm in the warrior's grip, Johan returned the gesture.

It was a lot to take in, what was the Primaris project? It seemed he was to be given his own command outside the Blades of Alaric? He would not fail his peers.

The warrior in the ancient black armour nodded in approvement to Johan, he heard a few dissenting voices one saying that they deserved the honour, the brother in the cowl lowered his hood to reveal Master Adrastros, Johan had fought at his side in a over six battles his friend was grinning, always trying to outshine the rest of us Johan?

Johan grinned back at the older warrior, “You know more than you told me in our earlier meeting? Johan was not accusatory. Adrastros feinted innocents as he gripped Johans arm.

“I look forward to our next war at each others side Johan.” Johan nodded.

Azrael raised his voice again.

“My brothers I present to you the new Chapter Master of the Consecrated Blades, Johan.”

The gathering cheered/roared?

“Now brothers let us meet these New Dark Angels.”

Azrael brought the council to a close, and the Masters started to make their way to the landing bay where the Blades of Vengeance awaited the Lord of the Dark Angels.

The gathering cleared leaving Johan and Lothar on their own.

Johan turned to his former Grand Cross.

“I am humbled Lord Arkley, most are happy with my appointment but I am not sure what it all means? I know I am now a Chapter Master. Its an honour I never expected or asked for.”

Arkley replied, “Its in warriors like you we are to entrust these new Warriors. You and the 3rd Company will be given a Chapter of these new Primaris marines. And the 3rd will be given the gene therapy to blend in with your new brothers,” Arkley laughed, “They are quite tall.”
Edited by Lieutenant Arkley

Interesting story! Congrats Lord/Master Johan! whats the official title for chapter master in the Consecrated blades? Being that they are Blades of Alaric successors, do they also carry similar traditions? 

That was the old story when I was doing the Conscrated Blades. I have gone back to the original. So I will need to edit it a little.

Finally after years of my absolute hatred for bases I have a happy medium.

I just need to let them dry give it a seal of watered down pva and some tufts and they are complete.

I am so sure GW was looking at Ezekiel when they designed this guy, you did a nice job on him, as for the camo I like it, do agree with stobz that it does look like veteran robes. I'm still deciding what I'll do when I actually get around to getting these guys.

I prefer the robes the way you have done them. Much more DA and very Ezekiel. I’m going to think of the camouflage as cloaking field farther than patterned fabric.

Is it going to be too Christmassy en masse?

Maybe all black?

Still, nicely done and it's what you want not me.

My dreadnought was named Jingles by my freind (he does have a gold angel on top so it’s kind of on me) so this is definitely a risk if you have red and green and over do the gold.