Showcase: Post your Tanks

Is that a hunter/stalker with a razorback roof?

Yes it is, I feel the extra armor made it a perfect fit for the fists.

Its a good idea, I was going to do it for rhino's but this is much better as a razorback instead. However, I think it might also work for a damocles command rhino chassis swap. Hm..... 

Is that a hunter/stalker with a razorback roof?

Yes it is, I feel the extra armor made it a perfect fit for the fists.

Its a good idea, I was going to do it for rhino's but this is much better as a razorback instead. However, I think it might also work for a damocles command rhino chassis swap. Hm.....

I used pieces from the stalker kit to make it able to be used as a command rhino

Finally branching out to add some Primaris armour to my Wolves.

gallery_82363_15236_472318.jpg

Love the 2nd ed green flock and all but the lack of edge highlights on the yellow is a little jarring.

Thanks for the feedback. That is something I will look to improve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Galaxy Chief, now that's one reaaaaaal awesome looking proteus. Love it, weathered just enough to still look cared for. And that heavy bolter pintle mount, loooovely. Cheers, absolutely splendid.

Elmo, are those magnetized casemate sponsons? Oh man, nostalgia factor overloard for me. Big fan of the engines and armour mods too, unsurprisingly. Fantastic, love 'em. :thumbsup:

Well, I had some predators laying around... I had to fix them after really finding I hated the side-mounted stacks on a battle tank. Then I had to fix the turrets. In the end, the only thing I didn't touch were the tracks and bottom plate.

gallery_107230_14721_61663.jpg

Edited by Vykes

Still looks terriific dr. Ruminahui!  Two Proteus Raiders, they are insanely tempting.  Hmm, the spiked trophy racks really do fit on there perfectly don't they?  Very very cool, and honestly, I like the colour and particularly the white striping on the hatch and around the vision port.  Really sets it off well.  I don't envy you having to do all the edge highlighting on that, but it came out real nice.  Good job, eh!

*still loudly laments the loss of those Heavy Bolters, and the slow wait for the 'likes' pool to restock... hoping it doesn't take as long as FW does to get the mk IIb back in*

Thanks!  That's high praise, given how fantastic your own work it.  As for the stripes, I thought the white on the central hull would both help break up all that purple, and tie in the white hatches on the side - I'm happy it seems to have worked.

Yeah, the edge highlighting was a bit much, especially since I ended up doing it twice - the first time the colour was too close to the main hull colour, so didn't show up more than a foot or two of the model.  In the end, I'm much happier with the current edging, though wish I had just done that first. :sweat:

• 3 weeks later...

Elmo, are those magnetized casemate sponsons? Oh man, nostalgia factor overloard for me. Big fan of the engines and armour mods too, unsurprisingly. Fantastic, love 'em. :tu:​

Sorry... missed this... thanks :)

Yup they are the kromlech ones which have been magnetized so I can swap them out as required.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, great stuff.

Finished my second Emperor's Children tank (my first being the proteus above) - rather a few pictures here, as I magnetised it to be a rhino or a predator along with the various options for both.

Quad-las predator

u17zYFO.jpg

NvlGyPC.jpg

Dakka predator

AmrQZP5.jpg

LGNqb07.jpg

Then of the rhino, both with and without havoc launcher:

CG3a3oN.jpg

fYBoWBh.jpg

vpb8xqR.jpg

And finally, all the bits laid out together.

J9rCFgb.jpg

The trim (except on the turret), the ram/dozer, the tracks, the havoc laucher and the mini-turret are all ordered from Subtle Discord's online store:  https://thedarkworks...pon-system-kits .  Its awesome kit and I will definitely be ordering some more trim down the road.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Here's the Land Raider Achilles for my Ash Revenants chapter. Just needs some varnish and it's finished.

Achilles1

Achilles2

Achilles3

Achilles4

Achilles5

Let me know what you think, feedback is most welcome. :)