Showcase: Post your Tanks

And now for something different :biggrin.:

2PmqDsH.jpg

pCcW4dM.jpg

OJDUJ7C.jpg

mZw29lj.jpg

eAM9TvZ.jpg

STILL NOT ENUFF DAKKA!! ;-]

I'm stealing that twin AC idea for something. I don't know what just yet, but that's a steal. And the rest of the tank, I'm stealing that too.

Mini LRC? Non-traditional ACBack? Edited by Quixus

Captain_magpie's modeling skills are most enviable.

phZJKJ3.jpg

Ork Flash Gitz (breathing heavily): "Dat almost enuff dakka! Me wants! Me wants bad!"

ZTdJMeW.jpg

Emperor's Children member (breathing heavily): "Ooh! I wonder if the Techmarine is compensating for something? Let's find out!"

@ captain_magpie:

I'm really liking the tanks, the armaments, and the colour scheme - very well done! :D

As I look at them, a thought strikes me: have you considered making the tank hulls from scratch to better get away from the APC look? I think the tracked sides would need to be kept for it to "pass" as a Predator, but it seems to me that you're already halfway there with the angled hull fronts... :whistling:

@ captain_magpie:

I'm really liking the tanks, the armaments, and the colour scheme - very well done! :biggrin.:

As I look at them, a thought strikes me: have you considered making the tank hulls from scratch to better get away from the APC look? I think the tracked sides would need to be kept for it to "pass" as a Predator, but it seems to me that you're already halfway there with the angled hull fronts... :whistling:

I have. Main thing I would like to do is drop the overall height a little. I have not quite figured out what I want to do, or what look I want for it, but yeah... its on me mind :biggrin.:

Edited by captain_magpie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

-laughs- Warp Wizards did it, mate.  Always them tricksy warp wizards.

I think Abbadon called us 'Thrice Damned Traitors', but it's more about being fashionably retro.  Black may be timeless, but after ten thousand years, we could be forgiven for wanting a change, eh? 

Thanks a ton, BlueBelly1863 mate!  -laughs- I've got a few more Proteus and a Damocles Rhino to do up and I'll admit, that particular Proteus miiiight be a bit of a fluke: first time toying around with some weathering powders so I barely remember what I did (some vallejo pigments here, some Secret Weapon stuff there... that red brick seems pretty great).  At least, it's the first time I tried it and the powder didn't disappear after the fixer got involved.  Now to figure out this mythical 'chipping solution'... oooooy boy.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: Meeeeeeeerged thread....Contacts lost!  Wait, context lost!  Meanwhile, once upon a time in a different armour thread.

"Hah, nice title and nice pun mate.  Surely, the dark gods shall reward you!  While I wouldn't say I have a mechanized army, (I've got a friend who plays guard that has companies, and I used to own a company of Russes) I do have a bit of a heavy tank column.  

LqOkd3R.jpg

Not pictured is the Vindicator destroyer and a Damocles command rhino.  Man, I just took a few random snapshots of this a few days ago, didn't figure I'd use the one that was infantryless. Seriously, can't wait to see some others.... and maybe get jealous enough to figure out what I need next for my company.  Maybe 3 Sicarans or 3 more Raiders."

Edited by Vykes

• 2 weeks later...