Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

hi guys, with all these rumours flooding around, does anybody have more info on this campaign thats gonna happen?

all i got from this pic is that fate of konor is a global campaign on jul 27

(not sure if its already been posted, i checked around the rumours and didn't find anything- Moderators, if this has already been posted or is in the wrong place i can remove it)

18622126_10213169302246457_4114986726446

any info wouls be welcome :)

GW Hannover has this note for June 18th:

The worshippers of Chaos seek to smash a path though the Imperial battleline to Macragge, home world of the Ultramarines. Should they succeed, the greatest Imperial stronghold in the sector will be gravely threatened, and Guilliman’s forces will be cut off and surrounded.

Muster Up!
Prepare your forces! For each completed unit, receive one point for your side in this campaign as you amass your forces ready for battle!

This week: Double points for all Space Marine units and Start Collecting Boxes completed!

July 30 - Aug 05: Fate of Konor - The Battle Begins

Edited by Rashbold

Sounds like Geedub have been taking inspiration from ETL. Presumably, you'll have to verify the purchase in-store, then produce the finished product before the deadline.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Damosmy/Konor%20Map.jpg

The worshippers of Chaos seek to smash a path through the Imperial battle line to Macragge, home world of the Ultramarines. Should they succeed, the greatest Imperial stronghold in the sector will be gravely threatened, and Guilliman’s forces will be cut off and surrounded.

To achieve this end, the forces of Chaos must conquer the powerful, well-located Konor System.  The Konor System embodies the glorious dream of Ultramar.  Crucially, it also guards one of the few stable warp transit routes to the Macragge System. If the Chaos advance is not halted, Konor will soon fall, and a path to the heartland of Ultramar will be laid bare.

WHAT IS THE FATE OF KONOR CAMPAIGN?

Through July, August and September all of our customers will fight to decide the fate of the Konor System to see if it fallsinto the hands of Chaos. All armies can get involved and the final results will be written into Warhammer 40,000 lore!  Customers will fight for six planets over six weeks. Each planet will have a specific story, mission, weekly special rules and gaming theme, and will be affected by the results of the previous planet(s).  Customers will be able to post results by logging ‘games won’ or newly painted datasheets in your store.

There are 3 stages to the campaign:
Promotion – between 17th June and the 1st July.
Army Muster – between 1st July and 27th July
Campaign – between 27th July and the 10th September

PROMOTION, MUSTER AND CAMPAIGN

From the launch of all of our new Warhammer 40,000 products we will be promoting the fact that we are running a Global Online Campaign from the 27th July.

Promotion: Talk to all of your customers about the upcoming campaign both in your store and on your storeFacebook page – get them excited.

Muster: This is the time for customers to choose which faction they will fight with and to build and paint their forces ready for the battles ahead.  Additionally each week of the campaign will have a ‘theme’ with a selection of products that will count for double points during the campaign (see below) and the muster gives them an opportunity to buy, build and paint these units in advance!

Campaign: Customers can post results in your store by playing and winning games or by painting a new datasheet's worth of troops. They can post a win for Chaos, a win for the Imperium or in the case of all other forces remove a win from either the Imperium or Chaos!

WEEKLY THEMES

On each of the six planets some units feature more prominently than others.

Customers will get double points in the campaign for using a force that contains one or more of these units OR paints a datasheet that contains this unit type.  We are going to let our customers know these themes right from the beginning:

Week 1: Space Marines and Start Collecting! sets

Week 2: Elites

Week 3: Tanks

Week 4: Psykers

Week 5: Fast Attack/Flyers

Week 6: Lords of War/Scenery

A STUNNING CAMPAIGN WEBSITE
We learnt a lot from our Season of War Online Campaign… The interactive website for The Fate of Konor is going to be amazing and will let your customers know the impact of their battles in your store and how the campaign is going globally.  It will include downloads, countdowns, videos and much, much more…

CAMPAIGN PACK

We have put together a cool campaign pack to help you have a fantastic time in your store over the period of the campaign. It will include:

Astaramis Mission/Stratagem envelope: Astaramis is the first planet to be fought over in the campaign and has a Unique Mission and weekly special rules – open this envelope on the 27th July and use it for your gaming activities in week one.

Please note: each week's new Missions and weekly special rules will be emailed to you and will also be available on the campaign website.

Army Roster Sheets: This is a pad of 50 roster sheets. Give them to customers so they can write out an army list and record their Command Points etc. – feel free to
photocopy them if you need more!

Window Poster: Put this up in your store window to show customers that you are running Fate of Konor activities.

Campaign Map and Map Stickers: This massive campaign map will show off all the planets in the Konor System and will look great in your store. Use the campaign map stickers to show which force controls each planet at the end of each week of the campaign.

>"We learnt a lot from our Season of War Online Campaign"

>You get double points if you buy Space Marines

UHHHH...

Wasn't one of the biggest problems that the vast majority of both armies and players were Order, including the latest releases (Sigmarines and Sylvaneth) and therefore all those new kits ending up further tilting the results? That's not to mention Imperial stuff of all stripes probably make up about 80% of purchases. Doesn't this "BUY STUFF FOR VIRTUAL POINTS!" already mean the Imperium's pretty much won it before the thing has even begun?

Edited by Arbitration

Loyalist space marine players might have to bite the bullet and let Chaos win if they want a decent lore outcome. Guilliman's homeworlds being sacked would be a pretty decent way to offset the awful fluff of him marching around the galaxy, saving the day without breaking a sweat.

For the most part I fight for the Imperium of Man, however I've always been tempted by the ruinous powers and have decided to amswer the clarion call of Papa Nurgle and if all goes to plan chaos can give Row Boat y Girly Man amd his nu marines a good ol clouting. I would use this campaign as an excuse to expand my DA or BA armies, or start the IG or sallies armies I've always wanted to start, but I really wamt to slap little boy blue around some and show him, yes your cuss really does stink.

I mean, if there were too many Imperial victories, they could always spin it as two separate Imperial factions that are actually at odds, with Chaos severely mauled, but half of the Imperial forces being Guilliman's host and the other half comprising a group of staunch traditionalists, formed from multiple Chapters, Inquisitors (and their requisitioned forces), Adepta Sororitas and AdMech forces who have come to Ultramar to bring Guilliman and his associates to 'justice' for their 'Heretical practices'. The hard-pressed defenders of Ultramar are saved from their impending doom only to find that their saviors aren't quite as benevolent as they seem. Thus, an overwhelming victory for the Imperium turns instead into an impending civil war.

Welp, it'll never happen so whatever :happy.: