Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

I'm still failing to see why people are so concerned over getting games in. It's already predetermined. And if anything I'm sure like the last time with the eye of terror campaign, smaller stores will just make up game results bc there is no way of checking. Play for fun, but thinking anything you do will matter... well you need to wake up a bit lol

Well, I'm going to die sometime too and there's no getting out of that. I still try to do stuff along the way.

What I'm saying is, there's not a lot we can do that affects the framework that's been laid out, but that's not quite the same as not being able to do anything that matters.

"not being able to do anything that matters" is in context of participating and thinking your game will do something. It is in context in participating in the predetermined game. Yeah go have fun, But all that 'score' keeping and GW updating the webpage is smoke and mirrors. Play for fun, just don't be a fool thinking your wins do anything.
Well, if you define "doing something" as doing something beyond the scope of what GW has told us, then you're absolutely right.

It DOES seem like the games being played will determine which locations fall to Chaos, though.

So, assuming people are going in with the expectation that they can affect whether the individual campaign locations stand or fall, I'd say they aren't being "fools" at all.

Being foolish would be expecting your games to determine something that clearly isn't on the table to begin with. But really, is anyone doing that?

Most of the campaigns I've participated in have been about determining the fate of a planet/hive city or the like. Everybody involved felt like our games mattered, even if the individual game didn't topple the Golden Throne or reincarnate Ferrus Manus. Because we knew what we were playing for.

The thing is, there's a context for these games. It's pretty clearly laid out. Your actions matter within that context.

People are obviously free to feel that the campaign isn't cool/should be about something else, but repeatedly criticising a campaign setup for not adequately doing something it never set out to do just seems a bit like yelling at your cat for being a bad dog, y'know.

Edited by Antarius

People are obviously free to feel that the campaign isn't cool/should be about something else, but repeatedly criticising a campaign setup for not adequately doing something it never set out to do just seems a bit like yelling at your cat for being a bad dog, y'know.

If the studio reapeatedly does something wrong there is no other way. Not that they couldn't be doing worse stuff. I remember the eye of terror one[good because of how communities orgenised themself], caliban was hyped up in to heavens. DA players were puting their wins only there, using special cards from store wins etc. What did they get? It was just chaos trolling them, cypher escaped, they blew up a BT ship, non of the cool stuff that was hyped. So the problem is not that they are doing this one wrong, it is that they could be doing it way better. Specially when this is suppose to be "new" GW .

Stuff you mentined for example, if there was small [like 2-3 sentences] of fluff about each registered store and what is going on in its designed location. It would be awesome. The big picture would be fixed, but the small one would give people a feeling of them doing something.

Chaos is getting absolutely demolished at Quintus Gate.

Jeez, what do the Americans/Canadians have against the Dark Gods?

nothing normally, but they tried to abscond with our maple syrup. you dont do that up here

also there been a major imperial victory in week one thats not being reported yet. warhammer world is holding a special event around this campaign where games played there specifically are in a side pot to further develop the campaign. the imperium has managed a moderate victory on week one which takes place on the moon over the world called astar minor:

uaAysv4o9WVoyQ9l6c_vSVFTPe9XpzWq_ur7o8DF

likely this signals a lost round 1 for chaos, surely they cannot hope to prevail in this endeavor

this campaign has really pushed me to get out there and play again and im having a lot of fun. and weve gotten a lot of new faces into our store lately. and its allowed for me to connect with new players and even armies i never thought id fight that im having solid fun with. like orks, do you have any idea how hard it is to find a bloody ork in my neck of the woods, and now i know 3 different ork players.

i welcome this campaign even if its premise is a little off putting, thats okay. i can live with whatever its outcome might be so long as i can keep feeling this drive to play games and visit my hobby store

Edited by aura_enchanted

Chaos is getting absolutely demolished at Quintus Gate.

Jeez, what do the Americans/Canadians have against the Dark Gods?

nothing normally, but they tried to abscond with our maple syrup. you dont do that up here

Personally I heard it was the fact that the forces of Chaos attempted to contaminate Canada's Poutine supply which is what really pushed them over the edge.

Also I think whoever wins the huge chunk of the early games will win the planet. The campaign for Astaramis is halfway over and the results have not changed much since that at the end of Day 1. Also which site did you hear of the Imperium winning Astar?

Edited by Caius Tadius

I'm not overly concerned about the actual mechanics of the campaign. I'm going to enjoy the special missions and reasons for theming my army this provides. I hope there's another next year, after my Orks are fulling up and running, where I can actually follow the theme for what unit I want to add next.

Can someone explain the points system? How many points would I get if I:

Won with a list that included;

9 units that I had painted recently for Konor muster, bought from GW store;

Where only 3 units of the above was from a Start Collecting box.

You would get 2 points for winning if you log it this week (as points double when using a special weekly unit) and seperately 9 points for the painted units (which will double for each of the units that are Space Marines or from a Start Collecting box this week).

Huh. There's been thousands more games and the Planet Ownership has barely even changed since the start of the weekend. What gives?

The problem is that the more points get registered the less the individual point means. So it's unlikely to change much the more the weeks mission progresses.

Chaos lost Week 1 when we failed to take back the lead at the beginning of the weekend.

So considering chaos players have nothing to paint, and marines do I doubt the points will shift much in the next two weeks.

My shop counts painting toward the faction you represent as a player. By that I mean that if you are playing Chaos in the Campaign and buy an Eldar tank and paint it, Chaos gets the credit for the painted model.

You can paint anything and it counts for points that week but if you win or paint the theme for the week, then it's double points - right?

Huh. It seems like they haven't refreshed the planet ownership moving into week 2. Thats a bit silly in my opinion. We're at 15,000 games right now. More games added to the register are barely going to change the current ownership unless there's a massive surge in games added at once. Don't they realize that the greater the amount of games, the less impact players will have on the event? Why not refresh it every week?

Yeah it's silly from a balance perspective but not very unfitting from a narrative perspective. There's no reason why it should start from zero after they fought back Chaos.

Eh, I dunno, it's not like GW just had this campaign foisted on them by the uncaring gods. They could do anything. They chose this. It seems like a pretty poor choice.

Is anyone actually so excited about this campaign? I know I'm not, but I think the Gathering Storm/Dark Imperium fluff is just incredibly dumb and poorly-wrought from every angle, so that's no surprise. The conversation here is the only kind of conversation I've seen about this campaign. There doesn't seem to be much genuine engagement, and the overall feeling is "wait, so why do we care, again?"

Having played in the 3rd War for Armageddon campaign and the 13th Black Crusade, I can say pretty definitively that this isn't how things have to be. You could feel the engagement during those campaigns. People self-organized, worked in groups, created background and made it a community experience. I don't see that happening here.

By the number of games reported alone, I would say that enough people care about the campaing.

People are also organizing themselves to play with others, paint and get points for their factions, and I do feel there is a community experience. Its not a "football team hooligan" experience, but something more restraint and casual, which I find much more appealing if I'm honest. My gaming club even loved the fact that you don't have to go all in and get all this amount of obligations and stress to play, you can just pick up  and do it, which I find for a group of adults with responsibilities much more reasonable and much better for a enjoyable experince.

And fluffwise? I'm really happy by the fact that Eldar striking Chaos targets is in the fluff of the campaing, because it gives that little taste of being part of it, as my Eldar army did the same on my first game in the campaign. In fact, I'm probably adding it to my Craftworld story, even if it was a loss.

Ran