Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

I've managed to score one game per week so far. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can get a friend of mine who plays demons to join in.

My local warhammer store actually had the first week go for chaos forces, but week 2 was a resounding failure for chaos.

I have played a game a week for this, and am actually running the official Konor game day at my store, and it has been pretty crushingly in the Imperium's favor. We have one Chaos player that has been the only winner for their side each week, and it's the same player.

The store owner, unfortunately, put the restriction of no FW on us so that limits what some of my chaos players can bring, especially since one of them was a Chaos Renegade player. I really wanted my Cadians to fight them.

Regardless of this, people have been having fun and meeting the challenges. I think I am going to try and get a game or two outside of the usual organized event to get more included.

I'm psyched for week 3. I finally get to try and unleash my armor division!

Running 3x Vindicators, 3x Predators, LRC (which will be particularly fun with a 3 CP stratagem to shoot twice at -1 to hit, that's still a ton of shots) + Dreads to screen incoming units. Maybe some snipers to sit back and shoot at ICs. Should be fun regardless, the most thematic mission so far!

Well, I started out playing Sisters of Battle but most of the people at my local GW play Imperial armies (Space Marines, Space Marines and more Space Marines, with some Space Marines for variance) so now I'm using my Iron Warriors.

Lost one (last week), drew one (3-3) and won one (4-2) today. The scenario was quite good for my army; I teleported in two units of Terminators and a Terminator Lord 5" from the Exit Zone and 9" away from the enemy's Hellblasters (in both games!) and blew away most of the unit before walking off the board next turn for 3 VP. Meanwhile my two squads of Iron Warriors and Sorceror were moving/advancing/warptime-move/advance down the board. First game they got stopped by an Ironclad, second game the two units of Iron Warriors died to a man but allowed the Sorceror to get off the board giving me the victory.

I like the special Stratagem cards you get for free and I like the scenarios, too. :)

Week 1 I went 3-1 with my Sisters, 2-0 with my Tempestus, and 2-1 with my Marine Chapter (Salamanders Successor, the Legacy of Nocturne).

Week 2 I went 3-0 with my Sisters, 0-1 with my Tempestus, and 1-1 with my other Marine Chapter (Imperial Fists Successor, the Griffons Triumphant).

Week 3 I have went 0-1 with my Sisters and 1-0 with my Tempestus so far. I am enjoying the campaign tremendously.

1500 points - Ultramarines lead by Sergeant Chronus against Traitor Guard lead by Sergeant Gunner Harker

20708079_1178112605624087_51681179148708

20746058_1599187376766605_77712533385267

20729146_1599187506766592_53283913482948

Awesome cool moment as a Stormlord and Chronus Land Raider faceoff. 

20727883_1178184695616878_40516490227964

This was an Imperium Victory as the Land Raider survived all three Super Heavy Tanks, and outdamaging all of them. I thought the fight was lost the moment my Stormraven was one shot by the Shadowsword, but all those Lascannons really did their job. My only complaint is that the Vindicator did NOTHING in the whole game.

Ran

That's a lot of games, CaptainMarsh! Where are you playing?

The Comic's Keep in Bremerton, WA. Because of a problem with our password, we can't register our victories. Which is a shame, since we average 4-5 games a day overall.

I have been poor in week 3. 0-2 with Sisters, 0-1 with my Marines, 2-1 with Tempestus.

Making a bit of a prediction here based on the past two games: whoever has the upper hand after the weekend will probably win the week. Imperium suffers the most during the weekends but either maintains its ownership or vey slightly improves it during weekdays. 

Edited by DogWelder

Three superheavies!?

THREE!?

I salute you for fighting that and winning!

I had a lot of lascannons. I lost 4 of a pool of 6. I lost 2 predators, 1 vindicator and my stormraven. What was left was a Predator and the Landraider commanded by Chronus. After the big guys get damage, things get a bit better to handle.

Ran

Can someone explain to me how the points are counted? If an Imperium players plays against another Imperium player, does that mean the Imperium will win anyway? If the Xeno player fights against an Imperium player, can he still choose to help the Imperium? 

I read in a facebook post that the points for Imperium Vs Imperium is counted by Attacker/Defender, so if thats the case.

hmm if chaos couldn't win on its leakof codex week, I doubt it will win next week. But who knows maybe imperial players get tired or something.

Chaos is forced to be the defender this week against attackers with the sustained assault rule.  It's not going to be an easy week for them; and if my local GW is anything to go by, imperial/xenos momentum is only building.  Fatigue doesn't seem to be an issue.

Edited by The_Chaplain

Haven't read the mission yet but iirc it's about psyker and with DH+God specific powers, being able to summon Heralds and being able to take Daemon Princes....we should be able to do at least something.

And then there are TSons as well. Unfortunately without their own Codex like Grey Knights but still.

At least for my local store, it is the Xenos players causing issues! The manager was telling me that he's had to force the players into picking a permanent side (Imperial/Chaos) because In one of the previous weeks the results recorded were (roughly) 8 Imperial, 6 Chaos, and 90+ Xenos (and many players kept altering which side they reported for game-to-game).

Why should the Xenos pick a side? They are not fighting together with one side, they are fighting against whoever (they aren't adding points, they are subtracting points). If they happen to attack an important Imperial world nearby one day which causes the IoM to have less ressources at hand and fight some Chaos Cult on a different planet the next day it should be perfectly fine.

Wasn't the grey knight codex also released? If that's the case we cannot say that Chaos had the advantage with a new codex, because the Imperium also had a new codex.

Plus the Imperium got new models which means the points of painting. Chaos didn't, which means no points for painting.

Why should the Xenos pick a side? They are not fighting together with one side, they are fighting against whoever (they aren't adding points, they are subtracting points). If they happen to attack an important Imperial world nearby one day which causes the IoM to have less ressources at hand and fight some Chaos Cult on a different planet the next day it should be perfectly fine.

I'm not sure on the complete specifics, I'd have to ask the manager again. It wasn't a background problem or anything like that, but from what I remember it was a problem with scheduling games that would actually fairly represent what was ostensibly being fought (especially when there are fixed Attacker/Defender scenarios and multiplayer battles).