Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

• Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 470 posts
  • Chapter Name: Silent Sword Crusade

I'm psyched for week 3. I finally get to try and unleash my armor division!

Running 3x Vindicators, 3x Predators, LRC (which will be particularly fun with a 3 CP stratagem to shoot twice at -1 to hit, that's still a ton of shots) + Dreads to screen incoming units. Maybe some snipers to sit back and shoot at ICs. Should be fun regardless, the most thematic mission so far!

• Ranwulf and Ishagu like this

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpg ETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer K4nh5F7.gif

Garreck

Garreck

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
Hoping to get a couple more games in this week for the campaign. This week's scenario sounds fun.
  • Ranwulf and TheOneTrueZon like this

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 973 posts
  • Chapter Name: Righteous Fists

Well, I started out playing Sisters of Battle but most of the people at my local GW play Imperial armies (Space Marines, Space Marines and more Space Marines, with some Space Marines for variance) so now I'm using my Iron Warriors.

Lost one (last week), drew one (3-3) and won one (4-2) today. The scenario was quite good for my army; I teleported in two units of Terminators and a Terminator Lord 5" from the Exit Zone and 9" away from the enemy's Hellblasters (in both games!) and blew away most of the unit before walking off the board next turn for 3 VP. Meanwhile my two squads of Iron Warriors and Sorceror were moving/advancing/warptime-move/advance down the board. First game they got stopped by an Ironclad, second game the two units of Iron Warriors died to a man but allowed the Sorceror to get off the board giving me the victory.

I like the special Stratagem cards you get for free and I like the scenarios, too. :)

• Ranwulf and TheOneTrueZon like this

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Vigilant Heart

Week 1 I went 3-1 with my Sisters, 2-0 with my Tempestus, and 2-1 with my Marine Chapter (Salamanders Successor, the Legacy of Nocturne).

Week 2 I went 3-0 with my Sisters, 0-1 with my Tempestus, and 1-1 with my other Marine Chapter (Imperial Fists Successor, the Griffons Triumphant).

Week 3 I have went 0-1 with my Sisters and 1-0 with my Tempestus so far. I am enjoying the campaign tremendously.

• Gen.Steiner, Ranwulf and TheOneTrueZon like this
QUOTE (BrotherAtrox @ Oct 5 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 973 posts

That's a lot of games, CaptainMarsh! Where are you playing?

Montford981

Montford981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

Today were my first two games of Week 3 with my Sisters of Battle: I went 1 win and 1 loss.

Edited by Montford981, 12 August 2017 - 08:42 PM.

• Ranwulf likes this

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels, Space Wolves

1500 points - Ultramarines lead by Sergeant Chronus against Traitor Guard lead by Sergeant Gunner Harker

20708079_1178112605624087_51681179148708

20746058_1599187376766605_77712533385267

20729146_1599187506766592_53283913482948

Awesome cool moment as a Stormlord and Chronus Land Raider faceoff. 

20727883_1178184695616878_40516490227964

This was an Imperium Victory as the Land Raider survived all three Super Heavy Tanks, and outdamaging all of them. I thought the fight was lost the moment my Stormraven was one shot by the Shadowsword, but all those Lascannons really did their job. My only complaint is that the Vindicator did NOTHING in the whole game.

Ran

"You must know your enemy to defeat them, Colonel"
Captain Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company.

"I CONTROL THE WORLD ITSELF! BEHOLD AS YOUR SOLDIERS FALL UNDER HIS MIGHTY JAW!"
Torin, Master of Runes of the Space Wolves.

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 973 posts

Three superheavies!?

THREE!?

I salute you for fighting that and winning!

• Ranwulf likes this

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Vigilant Heart

That's a lot of games, CaptainMarsh! Where are you playing?

The Comic's Keep in Bremerton, WA. Because of a problem with our password, we can't register our victories. Which is a shame, since we average 4-5 games a day overall.

I have been poor in week 3. 0-2 with Sisters, 0-1 with my Marines, 2-1 with Tempestus.

• Gen.Steiner and Silas7 like this
QUOTE (BrotherAtrox @ Oct 5 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Making a bit of a prediction here based on the past two games: whoever has the upper hand after the weekend will probably win the week. Imperium suffers the most during the weekends but either maintains its ownership or vey slightly improves it during weekdays. 

Edited by DogWelder, 13 August 2017 - 02:39 AM.

gallery 63428 7083 6894

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

Three superheavies!?

THREE!?

I salute you for fighting that and winning!

I had a lot of lascannons. I lost 4 of a pool of 6. I lost 2 predators, 1 vindicator and my stormraven. What was left was a Predator and the Landraider commanded by Chronus. After the big guys get damage, things get a bit better to handle.

Ran

"I CONTROL THE WORLD ITSELF! BEHOLD AS YOUR SOLDIERS FALL UNDER HIS MIGHTY JAW!"

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

Can someone explain to me how the points are counted? If an Imperium players plays against another Imperium player, does that mean the Imperium will win anyway? If the Xeno player fights against an Imperium player, can he still choose to help the Imperium? 

I read in a facebook post that the points for Imperium Vs Imperium is counted by Attacker/Defender, so if thats the case.

DogWelder

DogWelder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 349 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
Screen Shot 2017 08 17 At 1.18.31 PM

Imperial Victory on this week it seems. Though Chaos did have its codex so it was an even fight.

gallery 63428 7083 6894

the jeske

the jeske

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,151 posts

hmm if chaos couldn't win on its leakof codex week, I doubt it will win next week. But who knows maybe imperial players get tired or something.

"Felix wondered how Calgar might feel about the primach's unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older space marines were numbered."

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,320 posts
  • Chapter Name: Confessors

hmm if chaos couldn't win on its leakof codex week, I doubt it will win next week. But who knows maybe imperial players get tired or something.

Chaos is forced to be the defender this week against attackers with the sustained assault rule.  It's not going to be an easy week for them; and if my local GW is anything to go by, imperial/xenos momentum is only building.  Fatigue doesn't seem to be an issue.

Edited by The_Chaplain, 17 August 2017 - 11:56 PM.

Cactus, on 04 Mar 2013 - 13:10, said:

The_Chaplain hath spoken so here endeth the debate! 

Check out my space marine DIY, The Confessors here

gallery_29004_6198_9307.png 35499214321_eaf52ccf5f_o.gifgallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gif

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,580 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

Haven't read the mission yet but iirc it's about psyker and with DH+God specific powers, being able to summon Heralds and being able to take Daemon Princes....we should be able to do at least something.

And then there are TSons as well. Unfortunately without their own Codex like Grey Knights but still.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Gothical

Gothical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts

At least for my local store, it is the Xenos players causing issues! The manager was telling me that he's had to force the players into picking a permanent side (Imperial/Chaos) because In one of the previous weeks the results recorded were (roughly) 8 Imperial, 6 Chaos, and 90+ Xenos (and many players kept altering which side they reported for game-to-game).

• Ranwulf likes this

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship happy.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,580 posts

Why should the Xenos pick a side? They are not fighting together with one side, they are fighting against whoever (they aren't adding points, they are subtracting points). If they happen to attack an important Imperial world nearby one day which causes the IoM to have less ressources at hand and fight some Chaos Cult on a different planet the next day it should be perfectly fine.

• Ranwulf likes this

Gen.Steiner

Gen.Steiner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 973 posts

Can Confirm: Sustained Assault Primaris and Space Marines are pretty brutal.

On the other hand my Chaos Marine list is very sub-optimal...!

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,170 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
Wasn't the grey knight codex also released? If that's the case we cannot say that Chaos had the advantage with a new codex, because the Imperium also had a new codex.

Plus the Imperium got new models which means the points of painting. Chaos didn't, which means no points for painting.

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

Gothical

Gothical

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,174 posts

Why should the Xenos pick a side? They are not fighting together with one side, they are fighting against whoever (they aren't adding points, they are subtracting points). If they happen to attack an important Imperial world nearby one day which causes the IoM to have less ressources at hand and fight some Chaos Cult on a different planet the next day it should be perfectly fine.

I'm not sure on the complete specifics, I'd have to ask the manager again. It wasn't a background problem or anything like that, but from what I remember it was a problem with scheduling games that would actually fairly represent what was ostensibly being fought (especially when there are fixed Attacker/Defender scenarios and multiplayer battles).

Nah, no one takes a ship like the XIIth. Imagine being stuck in a space-bound tin can with only short hallways to set up firing points. It'd be like releasing a pack of PCP'ed up wolverines (the animals, not multiple Hugh Jackmans) into a locker room and blocking all the exits.

They aren't stuck inside a ship with you, you're trapped on a ship with them. 

However, the First Son and his Templar Brethren are who I'd bet on to defend that ship happy.png

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,170 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
This makes me wonder if managers can/have been skewing results?

Previously known as Telanicus

Sanguinary Crusader Page (Lore, Models, Etc)
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen

The Four Star Pact (Chaos Alliance Lore, Model, Etc)

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,580 posts

This makes me wonder if managers can/have been skewing results?

Pretty sure they have. It happens all the time with such events.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users