Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

..Didn't one of the art pictures from Warhammer Fest have a massive battle scene of Ultramarines and their Successor fighting against the forces of Nurgle? With Guilliman and Mortarion squaring off in a corner? I've also got one of those "heard it from a store manager" rumors and thus requires a seasoning of salt. The rumor is, that if If Chaos pulls off a victory in the campaign.. Guilliam dies.

I doubt they would kill him off so soon after they bring out a rather expensive mini. Though I would laugh my ass off if they did.

..Didn't one of the art pictures from Warhammer Fest have a massive battle scene of Ultramarines and their Successor fighting against the forces of Nurgle?  With Guilliman and Mortarion squaring off in a corner? I've also got one of those "heard it from a store manager" rumors and thus requires a seasoning of salt. The rumor is, that if If Chaos pulls off a victory in the campaign.. Guilliam dies.  

If that's not a way to sell more Primaris to kids I don't know what is! :biggrin.:

..Didn't one of the art pictures from Warhammer Fest have a massive battle scene of Ultramarines and their Successor fighting against the forces of Nurgle?  With Guilliman and Mortarion squaring off in a corner? I've also got one of those "heard it from a store manager" rumors and thus requires a seasoning of salt. The rumor is, that if If Chaos pulls off a victory in the campaign.. Guilliam dies.  

If that's not a way to sell more Primaris to kids I don't know what is! :biggrin.:

Seems more like a reason to start a Chaos army. :teehee:

Gah, these foul traitors have penetrated even the glorious golden walls of Nottingham on Terra! DOUBLE POINTS FOR USING PSYKERS?! The horror! I insist on double points also for killing psykers, as the Emprah intended. ;)

Posted · Hidden by Dam13n, June 2, 2017 - Worthless post.
Hidden by Dam13n, June 2, 2017 - Worthless post.

Oh boy,  a new campaign that Re-boot Gary-sue-man can win at the last minute in breath taking fashion?

Yawn.  Been there,  seen 'GW ignore facts and just write their own pre-determined ending' that.

I won't be buying anything,  because GW isn't getting another cent from me until Chaos gets some actual models instead of the ancient trash heap our line currently is...

But I will endeavor to make every little Timmy and his pants-on-head silly,  Re-boot Gary-sue-man Primarines cry!

Lore-wise, I doubt this will change the outcome of the whole Ultramar campaign. It will probably only change one aspect of the overall battle. Its gonna be like: (Minor spoilers below)

>If the Ultramarines lose, they will be surrounded on Maccrage at one point in the campaign, Konor (1 of the 5 Primus systems) will be captured, and they will have to find another way to break out and re-establish supply lines to their other worlds. The largest battle then takes place on Parmenio which ends in an Ultramarine victory with Guilliman then heading off to Iax for the final battle with Mortarian. 

>If the Ultramarines win, they will hold the line at Konor and maintain their supply lines. The largest battle then takes place on Parmenio which ends in an Ultramarine victory with Guilliman then heading off to Iax for the final battle with Mortarian. 

This is more like the Battle of the Bulge in WW2 (with the Chaos forces being the Germans).  A significant battle but one that does not alter the main course of events or the final outcome. Which is pretty clever on GWs part tbh. This way they don't have to change the narrative that is established in 8th Edition. 

I'm not so petty as to want Guillaman to die or Maccrage to explode or something, but it would be nice if he solidly lost. No mostly winning but chaos sneaks in a super secret objective, just a solid loss. It barely even matters what they stakes are as long as it's something to show that he isn't invulnerable, to bring back some sense of tension.

Article posted

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/06/10/the-fate-of-konor-more-on-the-global-campaign-june10/

This summer* will see a massive global Warhammer 40,000 campaign.

We heard a little bit about this huge event last week when it

was first announced at the UK Games Expo, but today we’re going to have a more detailed look, and find out how you can get involved.

A global campaign is a massive worldwide event, where your games can shape the future of the setting. Warhammer Age of Sigmar players got a chance to do this last year with Season of War, which saw the forces of Order successfully defend three fledgeling cities in the Realm of Life. This year, you Warhammer 40,000 players out there will get a go.

The story of the campaign will take place in Ultramar, as armies battle for the strategically vital system of Konor. Those of you down on your galactic geography will know that this system is one of the central planets of the 500 Worlds, and has long been a bastion within the alliance of Ultramar under the auspices of the famed Ultramarines Chapter. The forces of Chaos are well aware of the system’s wider strategic and iconic significance, and seek its utter corruption – and who better to achieve this than the Death Guard?

40kKonorMap.jpg

The campaign will be fought over 6 weeks, with a new battleground taking centre stage every 7 days. The outcome of each week’s battles will dictate the narrative for the next week, help to decide the overall winner of the campaign, and be enshrined in Warhammer 40,000 history for all time!

One of the great things about this campaign is that you can play anywhere. At home, in store, at a club – however you like and with any style of play you like: open, narrative, matched – all your results can count towards the outcome.

One you’ve played a few games, you’ll be able to register them in store. There are going to be thousands of participating locations around the world. Our own Warhammer and Games Workshop store will, of course, be involved, as will thousands of local independent hobby shops and gaming centres, so you shouldn’t be too far from a location where you can join in.

Imperial players can report their scores as they try to liberate or save the worlds of Konor, while you heretical Chaos fans out there can report your victories to spread contagion and plague across the worlds. We haven’t forgotten you xenos players though – you guys get to have a lot of fun. The rise of Chaos, and the Imperium’s attempts to halt it have left many planets easy pickings for opportunistic aliens. Each xenos victory can be used to reduce either the Chaos or Imperial score in your local area, representing the xenos forces disrupting the war effort on both fronts. So, if Chaos is winning in your area, and you want to stop them you can. Or, if the Imperium pulls ahead and you want to redress the balance, you can swap sides half way through the campaign! Typical treacherous xenos

As there will be a different location fought for each week, the battle lines will be redrawn every 7 days, meaning that one side will never be guaranteed a victory, even if they take an early lead in the first weeks.

Watch out for the Fate of Konor website, where you’ll be able to keep up with the scores across the world and in your local area, stay up to date on the campaign narrative, and download resources like custom weekly missions.

Fate of Konor should be a lot of fun for all you Warhammer 40,000 fans out there.

40kKonorGuillimanPoster.jpg

The campaign starts at the end of July, which means you’ll have just over a month from getting your new Warhammer 40,000 book in your hands to get familiar with the game and get your army together.

So, whether you’re out to destroy, or to save, the system, we’ll see you there.

Hopefully Mortarion is actually going to be released early July to participate in the campaign, don't expect it though. Probably a relatively quiet release month after 8th before Primaris and DG drop

Edited by Marshal Loss

In the Dark Imperium novel, Severus Agemman of the Ultramarines 1st company is placed as Tetrarch of Konor, one of the 5 Tetrachs in Ultramar.

If chaos wins this, he's gonna look like an absolute chump to his chapter lol. He's already endured hundreds of years of snide insults and backhanded remarks by Cato Sicarius because the 2nd company captain won way more battles than Severus did. If he loses the Konor campaign, Cato will probably hound him about it till the end of the universe.

I beg of you, loyalist players. Please do not give Cato Sicarius that satisfaction XD

Edited by Caius Tadius

So you can play games at home and log the results... Wonder how many people will log fake results for games they have not even played?

Is it log it online or report the game to the local GW though?

The way I read it was "Once you’ve played a few games, you’ll be able to register them in store."

Tetrarch literally meaning "four rulers". There are 5 of them.

xD?

Like decimate, I assume the meaning of the word evolved from its original latin meaning. Especially forty thousand years into the future on another planet than Earth with its own millenia-long changes to their languages.

Interestingly, necron overlords have been named tetrarchs in French (and lords are dynasts, which I believe was also the translation to dark elven dreadlords).

I imagine this scene plays out every time someone mentions the number thing to Guilliman:

gallery_70393_9896_39271.jpg

gallery_70393_9896_23440.jpg

Edited by Knight of the Raven