=][= Primaris Chapter markings and heraldry sheet 2.0 =][=

Olis

It wasn't anything official. Ace Debonair would pop into threads and if he spotted a lack of colour schemes, he'd read the article, whizz a few up which felt like they could fit the Chapter, and then posted them as a suggestion to the DIY author.

Anyway, that was how Ace did it. Perhaps we can organise something a little different? In any case, don't feel forced to do anything more than you can manage and actually want to do. :)

It wasn't anything official. Ace Debonair would pop into threads and if he spotted a lack of colour schemes, he'd read the article, whizz a few up which felt like they could fit the Chapter, and then posted them as a suggestion to the DIY author.

Anyway, that was how Ace did it. Perhaps we can organise something a little different? In any case, don't feel forced to do anything more than you can manage and actually want to do. :smile.:

Well I have a year off work so I have lots of free time :)

Cheers to both Brother Arkley and Lord Thorn for the outstanding work already done. You guys are a doing a great job, and it's very generous of you to help other Liberites.

When GW dropped the color template for the Primaris, my first thought was to help make a new Painter for Ye' Ole B@C.

I have used the Legacy Marine painter so many times, I really wanted to give back.
When I logged on a couple days ago after having done my own I see that Lord Thorn has already started one.
I don't want to step on any toes, so if there is a system for submission for this type of work could someone tell me who to talk too?

This is what I have so far, it is not broken into layers yet. I am not sure what regions people would want broken out, and if this version is ok, or indeed if anyone likes it.

Thanks for looking.

gallery_13104_13240_34383.png

Edited by mel_danes

When GW dropped the color template for the Primaris, my first thought was to help make a new Painter for Ye' Ole B@C.

I have used the Legacy Marine painter so many times, I really wanted to give back.

When I logged on a couple days ago after having done my own I see that Lord Thorn has already started one.

I don't want to step on any toes, so if there is a system for submission for this type of work could someone tell me who to talk too?

This is what I have so far, it is not broken into layers yet. I am not sure what regions people would want broken out, and if this version is ok, or indeed if anyone likes it.

Thanks for looking.

I like it. It's a different style to Thorn's, so having the two in tandem could be interesting. For now, if you wish to talk about what to do about the painter, then PM me. We can work something out. :tu:

In all honesty I think you've done a better job of the shading - I'd reduce the opacity a bit though since there are sections that remain very white :)

Good luck for the layer separation ;) for the moment I've got a main colour, halving and quartering colours, and I'm planning on adding some common paterns (flames, lightning/magma/marble, centre stripes...), and I've got each separate armour section as well

• 3 months later...

I'm still working on the markings of the companies. Can my Primaris Space Marines use companies markings similar to the companies markings of the Dark Angels? Is this not contrary to actual background?

I don't see any problem with that. :thumbsup:

Cool Chapter, btw. I'd like to see more. :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has there been any word on Lord Thørn's Primaris Painter?

Sorry, no, I haven't been able to put any time into it for several months, what with a new job and all, plus the computer I was working on died on me... However, I haven't given up hope, and if people are also interested in the project will definitely help the motivation factor :)