A Skjald's Tale of the Days of Darkness

Jackalwolf

Thank you so much mate! Had to do a lot of work to sort the Varagyr out. Pelts are changed, arms are from the wolf guard kit, 5 heads dremeled out to not have 5 sets of twins.

As for the forum... FW has pretty much messed up any interest in the HH with the poor SW releases and terrible communication about discontinuations. At this point I'm banking any hope of ever playing on GW bringing the 13th company and Russ back.

Some detail shots:

v5rA0qw.jpg

Ib7sjn3.jpg

70IcfWB.jpg

LtLaSwe.jpg

cYiIQyX.jpg

K8kc46j.jpg

Thanks mate, finally found the exact look I wanted since shoulder pads were unusable as I wanted to use SW power fists and chainfists because of their ornamentation and the fact indomitus scales better with the bigger Varagyr.

gp976hS.jpg

axej5Rc.jpg

Loving the kitbashes here. But something really caught my eye:

So finally got around to complete Ivar the Boneless to finish with an Iron Priest the Einherjar of my Dekk-Tra:

wn5LS1u.jpg

Ivar the Boneless was one of the two sons of Jarl Lothbrok to survive the implantation process when Russ joined in the Great Crusade and took his Wolf Brothers with them.

He was born with shrivelled, wrecked legs, though with sheer cunning and fierceness he made a name for himself as a great warrior.

Thus, when becoming a Space Marine his keen mind was best used as the Forge Lord of the Dekk-Tra and, to always remember that he was born as a runt, meant to die from birth, he rejected replacing his lower limbs with cybernetic replacements but instead constructed himself with his mentor, Floki, a special suit of armour that would embrace his legs and give him the prowess required to keep with his brothers in battle whilst letting him showcase proudly that he was the one who defied all odds and rose to greatness.

I love the backstory for this one, but I must ask:

What are the parts used in this guy?

Loving the kitbashes here. But something really caught my eye:

So finally got around to complete Ivar the Boneless to finish with an Iron Priest the Einherjar of my Dekk-Tra:

wn5LS1u.jpg

Ivar the Boneless was one of the two sons of Jarl Lothbrok to survive the implantation process when Russ joined in the Great Crusade and took his Wolf Brothers with them.

He was born with shrivelled, wrecked legs, though with sheer cunning and fierceness he made a name for himself as a great warrior.

Thus, when becoming a Space Marine his keen mind was best used as the Forge Lord of the Dekk-Tra and, to always remember that he was born as a runt, meant to die from birth, he rejected replacing his lower limbs with cybernetic replacements but instead constructed himself with his mentor, Floki, a special suit of armour that would embrace his legs and give him the prowess required to keep with his brothers in battle whilst letting him showcase proudly that he was the one who defied all odds and rose to greatness.

I love the backstory for this one, but I must ask:

What are the parts used in this guy?

Thanks mate! Parts are:

- Legs of Kor Phaeron

- Torso of Narik Dreygur, the limited edition Iron Warrior

- Arms and backpack of mkiii techmarine

- Belt and cabling of iron priest

- Axe of Krom

Slow but steady progress!

All armour shading done and now doing edge highlights before battle damage and finishing the armour section. Minimum of 2 Terminators completed per day is the goal!

HK7P6Pi.jpg

ETL here I come!

• 5 weeks later...

Geez it's hard to work in batches of 10.

All armour, weapons and metals complete and I've also tested these new shoulder pads from master crafted miniatures. I think they're the ones I'll go with to complete the build:

nyTf76A.jpg

na62rbE.jpg

Next step is bronze, fur, leather and bone and we'll be almost ready to go.

Archived