==][==Grey Knights 8e Full Rules==][==

Valerian

Gating counts as movement.

I'll dig out the rule section later.

With our special weapons so bad, even a 4 psilencer squad is bad...

It would seem that way. Sadly only our GM's or Draigo can mitigate that... it really is a shame, cuz a Purgation Squad of Psilencers at 113 points a squad of 5 would be something I'd be interested in running in multiples if they could get better BS somehow.

Would be worth a shot vs orks or nids. Sit them still and let the horde come to you, just intercept before purgation gets wiped

I might be missing something, but the GM seems a no brainer compared to the BC. Reroll all 1s to hit, an extra power per turn and an extra attack vs double nerfed smite range for 10pts? 

Extended Smite range is worth it dude. 24" casting is a lot more effective than 12". It matches range with storm bolters, which is ideal. 

GM's are fantastic, but you won't need or want multiples. Because detachments generally require multiple HQ's, its good to take an assortment of different characters, rather than taking multiples of the same. 

Do interceptor teleportation packs count their shunt as "falling back" if they were to move while in combat with an enemy unit?

No, you simply remove them from the battlefield then place them more than 9" away from an enemy anywhere you want. So they'd still be able to shoot and charge something else. 

How well do you guys think we would do in a small 1000pts game? I ask this because everything is more expensive, and most people are finding 2000pts is about standard this edition, compared to last editions 1750.

At that low a points level, do you think we're better off just using power levels?

I tried a funny 1k list this morning:

Inquisitor

Brochamp

5 termies

Dreadnought

Stormraven

Vindicare assassin

Played farsight tau. Went first, pushed the raven up, nuked a riptide and some marker drones.

Farsight came down took the raven to 4 wounds with his squad.

My turn 2 the my stuff got out of the raven charged a big battlesuit unit whilst the raven moved right next to farisght and sniped him.

Rest of the game was done from there, chased down a devilfish unit and some pathfinders. I lost 3 termies and wiped him.

I was a bit lucky with wound rolls and the raven surviving, but our melee is sooo good. I expected to lose and took this as a fun list but it did really well.

I'm definitely assembling my Raven soon. Even though its like 300pts with full loadout, its a total beast of a gunship. Definitely good for thinning out enemy numbers, and it can still do great single target damage with the twin multi-melta and stormstrike launchers (really happy they're not one-use anymore). 

I'm definitely assembling my Raven soon. Even though its like 300pts with full loadout, its a total beast of a gunship. Definitely good for thinning out enemy numbers, and it can still do great single target damage with the twin multi-melta and stormstrike launchers (really happy they're not one-use anymore).

Yeah the ravens pretty much death at whatever you point it at with dual melta/lass cannons. Because each do d6 damage, and the missiles do a solid 3.

That's a potential 30 damage! I was averaging around 12 though. Was essentially 1 Shotting other vehicles. Until it itself got insta killed by auto hitting D flamers.

Yeah I probably won't even swap the twin assault cannon for anything else. Twelve shots is just insane, especially stacked on top of the hurricane bolters. The nose twin multi-melta and stormstrikes should be enough to handle enemy big stuff. I'll be taking it alongside two Venerable Dreads, so should have my anti-tank/monster needs covered. 

Gating counts as movement.

I'll dig out the rule section later.

With our special weapons so bad, even a 4 psilencer squad is bad...

Where did this end up going? I know the rulebook says 'Units that arrive as reinforcements count as moving in their movement phase' but GoI isn't reinforcements

From the Reinforcements sideboxof the Movement Phase;

Many units have the ability to be set up on the battlefield mid turn <snip> but it can also happen during other phases <snip> units that are set up in this manner <snip> units that arrive as reinforcements count as having moved in the movement phase for all rules purposes

GoI

immediately set it up

While it might be RAI that 'reinforcements' only applies to units setting up from reserves, the rules equate anyone with the ability to set up mid phase to being a 'reinforcement' and subject to having moved.

Also remember for Gate you are removed from the battlefield. Then placed back on the battlefield. So when place back on the battle field per the rules you count as reinforcements and follow those rules.

At least that is how I read them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading the other day and a thought occurred to me...

Can't Interceptors ride in all the transports now?  I.e., Razorbacks and Land Raiders?  They don't count as jump pack infantry so there is no apparent transport restriction.

I was just reading the other day and a thought occurred to me...

Can't Interceptors ride in all the transports now? I.e., Razorbacks and Land Raiders? They don't count as jump pack infantry so there is no apparent transport restriction.

Yes they can; we were talking about that in another thread here recently.

Yes they can; we were talking about that in another thread here recently.

The one downside of me mostly being in the Inquisition forum nowadays... I figured it came up but I missed the thread it was in :smile.:

Not having the fly keyword is A huge deal though

Forgive my ignorance, but being as under the personal teleporter rule it specifies that an Interceptor moves over models and terrain as if they were not there, what part of the fly keyword would the Interceptor really need? 

Having the fly keyword means they could assault flyers, it also means they could disengage from combat and shoot as normal. I'd absolutely trade transport options for the fly ability.

Forgive the ignorance, but I can't seem to find the reference to Fly and being able to disengage and shoot etc, can you please tell me the page so I have it :)