Slaaneshi Daemons in 8th

WarriorFish

The guy with the 4 hive tyrants at least was a good sport about it.  He agreed with me that the tournament shouldnt have let supreme detachements and he was ya the 4 tyrants is pretty stupid and silly.  I am sure that when the Tyranid book drops those things are going to get a much needed change.

Oh.  I really havent been paying attention much to the codex releases then.  That explains why those things are so mean.  I been waiting for the ork one to hopefully bring back a friend to the game.  He said he would decide when the ork one came.  I picked up the Demons when they came out.  Then of course I hear the plastic sisters and I was well my gee.  I havent touched them since 7th and I didnt like the disjointed index they got. 

That's like the burglar agreeing that the Police needs to do more to stop him instead of not being a thieving git :laugh.:

My plans for my Daemons has always been in combination with my CSM, for the most part. I think that as a pure force Slaanesh Daemon is a bit too short of long ranged firepower so you need to do all you can to work around that. In your case I think the super squad might have been a mistake; too easy to see what you wanted to do and respond accordingly. There's enough armies out there that are fast, mobile and/or shooty enough in various ways to handle that.

The 20+ squad size thing feels like a red herring to me. Given you need to take more than 20 to weather inevitable losses and keep the bonus it's pricey, cumbersome and an obvious target as mentioned :confused: Not that you can do a great deal against the flowing Gandalf beard lists, but it could help against others so worth consideration?

I agree with you Warriorfish. It was basically what I had and was able to get painted up in time.

I am going to be adding 10 more demonettes a third prince, keeper of secrets, and three hellflayer chariots. Going to break the demonettes into 6 squads. Break the seekers into 3 units. When I get home after work. I will post the 2k list I want to try for May. All I need to get for it is 10 more demonettes, a prince and a hellflayer.

This is what I came up with.  Not sure if having 3 relics is necessary though.  This is includes all the models I own expect the Masque.  I need to get 1 demon prince, and 2 more chariots though.

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) 

HQ 

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Mark of Excess, Wings

. Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Forbidden Gem, Wings

. Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Keeper of Secrets: Cacophonic Choir, Celerity of Slaanesh, Pavane of Slaanesh, Soulstealer, Warlord

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

HQ

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, Slaanesh, Wings

Herald of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy, Ravaging claws

Herald of Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies, Ravaging claws

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) 

HQ 

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot: Lashes of Torment, Symphony of Pain

+ Fast Attack +

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

I think this is looking better. 8th is very much a game of numbers from all I've experienced, so dividing squads up gives you more options and your opponent more decisions. Also means you can garner minor bonuses such as extra Alluresses for that attack :tongue.: Keeping the Daemonettes cheap helps, and also reduces their threat. Given they they're mostly going to be doing some screening/chaff work that helps a lot.

It's a bit like how I use Guardsmen squads - everyone knows they're not going to be doing much killing, but they'll need dealing with all the same and if left alone can cause some mischief. While Daemonettes will find it harder to do, they'll also do a lot more killing when they do so the principle should be largely the same. With the bonus to Command Points, taking an extra Relic is now worth considering I think as the right one can make more than the equivalent difference on CPs. Let us know how the list performs :thumbsup:

So in the interests of generating discussion and giving people ideas, I spent far too long writing up nine (!) fluff pieces for some Keeper of Secrets ideas I had based on the Seven Deadly Sins, plus the two apocryphal sins that are usually forgotten in modern Christian teachings. Incidentally this also covers the seven colours of the rainbow plus black and white, which makes for handy colour coding.

Thus, I give you the Nine Lords of Sin. Or at least, ideas for them.

Fluff (warning, slightly graphic in places!):

A conclave of nine mighty Keepers of Secrets created by Slaanesh as a secret weapon in the Great Game, the Nine Lords of Sin each embody a particular mortal vice. They are powerful beyond belief, with even the weakest being many times greater in power than a regular greater daemon, and have a degree of autonomy unheard of amongst daemons. Each has their own domain within Slaanesh's realm, and their own daemonic legion with which to muster forth into realspace. They largely work independently of one another, at least partially because they are perpetually bickering, but when they act as one, the galaxy trembles.

Silithi Kali-Mara, The Red Queen, Shimmering Serpent, Slithering Whore of the Scarlet Bastion: The first of the Nine Lords of Sin, Silithi holds the title of Deacon of Vainglory, and embodies that sin. Contemptuous and hateful, and with an enormous inferiority complex, she craves attention and is particularly thirsty for followers and worshippers when she enters realspace. Such is her obsession with attention that she spawns “followers” from her own flesh; tiny, infantile creatures entirely dependent upon her who constantly sing her praises and congratulate her for the slightest achievement. Physically she is a large, snake-bodied creature with a scorpion-like stinger, four arms, six breasts and scarlet red skin. She has many beady black eyes, with which she seeks out those seemingly not in awe of her so she can vent her anger upon them. Her back is covered in spongy, swollen flesh, embedded within are hundreds of eggs that hatch into the daemon-children that clamour to her. Her lower arms are crustacean scythe-like claws, and in her upper arms she wields a great spear, Singing Death, which is particularly well suited to slaying rival greater daemon. Her tail is coated in glistening, gem-like scales, and her stinger delivers a venom that blinds those struck; if they will not look at her, they will not look at anything ever again.

Bo-Gol'tha, The Orange Queen, Great Feaster, Cannibal Countess of the Amber Pit: The second of the Nine Lords, Bo-Gol'tha holds the title of Baroness of Gluttony, and is the incarnation of excessive eating. An utterly abhorrent creature, she lives solely to devour, and does not care what it is that she consumes, be it daemon or mortal. She can barely be reasoned with, for anything that comes too close to her will be snatched up and eaten, including her own handmaidens. She appears as an orange-skinned giant with six arms terminating in various implements for killing and eating, a multitude of sagging, grease-dripping breasts, and a massive swollen stomach that churns with the digesting remains of her victims. Her face is dominated by a wide, tooth-filled maw, and her head is covered by a spiked, phallic helmet. Her primary weapon is the curving sword Everhunger, a foul weapon that consumes the very essence of its victims. She is also capable of belching forth a cloud of acidic fumes that painfully “pre-digest” her foes.

Yi-Shiddoth Ma'gatha, The Yellow Queen, Hoardkeeper, Avaricious Custodian of the Golden Vaults: The third of the Nine Lords, Yi-Shiddoth is the Regent of Greed, and is the embodiment of avarice and miserliness. Her slender, yellow-skinned form is coated in gold, silver and precious stones, and her every digit is bedecked in rings and jewellery. She has long, grasping fingers and an elongated neck, at the top of which is a many-eyed head, and upon her back are two massive draconic wings. She craves material goods, be they from realspace or the Warp, and will butcher entire populations in search of a single relic. Her hoard is filled with all sorts of items, ranging from art and sculptures to weapons and armour, and more bizarre curios such as the preserved skeletons of famous heroes of the galaxy, along with copious amounts of warpgold. She appears to mortals as a generous being, happy to exchange her services for a particular item, but bartering with her is a mistake, for she will often take far more than she is owed. She possesses many weapons stolen from other daemons, but her main armaments are an enormous golden axe named Generosity, which transforms those struck into pure gold, and a daemon-pistol named Destitution, whose bullets rust away the wargear of its targets into nothing.

Aa'villa Kretchen, The Green Queen, She Who Clamours, Jealous Warden of the Emerald Pyramid: The fourth of the Nine Lords, Aa'villa is the Duchess of Envy, and is the incarnation of jealousy and desire. A bizarre looking green-skinned creature, she floats above the ground, her lower half little more than a vestigial mass of tentacles and feeble, shrivelled legs. Her upper body is half-covered with black segmented armour engraved with hand symbolism, and her unarmoured arm terminates in a long whip-like tentacle. Her head is shockingly ugly, cyclopean and with a fanged maw, and it is crowned in horns. As her name and position would imply, she is a craven, jealous being who always longs for more. She cannot look upon another being without desiring to usurp them of their position, power and belongings; some say she will not be satisfied until she owns the entire universe and is the only entity in it. As such she is unpopular with her fellow Lords, who consider her a threat. She often elevates destitute mortals to the heights of power, only to wrest it from them and claim their winnings for herself. She is armed with a blade-fingered gauntlet known as the Claw of the Usurper, which she uses to steal the power of other daemons.

Golro'zer Somnea, The Blue Queen, Slumbering Giant, Dreaming Watcher of the Azure Palace: The fifth of the Nine Lords, Golro'zer is the Countess of Sloth, and wholly symbolizes lethargy and sluggishness. She is a voluptuous, cerulean-skinned creature with long, flowing hair and many eyes across her body. Her face, however, is eyeless. Her legs and two of her four arms terminate in club-like growths. She wears nothing save for a silver crown upon her head. She is so lethargic that she is carried into battle upon a great cow-headed, snail-like creature known as Mollothrox, bearing her upon a litter on its shell. She spends almost all her time asleep, unable or unwilling to wake up. Yet she sees everything through her dreams and the dreams of others, witnessing past, present and future, and scheming accordingly. She is simultaneously the most difficult to summon yet also the least risky of the Nine, for whilst she is so slothful that she rarely answers most calls of aid, her mood is usually gentle and docile, and she rarely feels any inclination to harm her followers, either out of simple laziness or due to them playing some part of her great plans. Most of her fighting is done by Mollothrox, whose crushing weight and thrashing tentacles can reduce most foes to pulp, but Golro'zer herself does have one weapon- a great staff named Phantasm which plunges enemies into a waking nightmare, filling their heads with delusion and hallucinations.

Fezzane'Kii-Taa, The Indigo Queen, Resentful One, Rat-Mother of the Hessian Chasm: The sixth of the Nine Lords, Fezzane'Kii-Taa is the Princess of Melancholy, and is a living idol of inadequacy, self-pity and despair. She is a large, rat-like humanoid with an indigo hide, large horns and nothing but rags to clad her. She is the weakest of the Nine, largely through her own making- the very nature of her power and her personality is such that rather than improve or empower herself, she simply drags others down to her level. However, in many ways she is one of the most dangerous, for she is defeat and anguish incarnate; her very aura is disheartening even to her fellow daemons, and those of weak will find themselves submitting to her as their strength and will to fight ebbs away beneath her withering gaze. She is nihilistic and bitter to the extreme, longing to cast down all of creation until nothing is beneath her. She possesses but one weapon, a relatively small dagger named The Unmaker. Whilst seemingly puny and harmless it is in fact an abominable weapon that destroys the essence of those even scratched by it.

Zaani'viir Vallus, The Violet Queen, Dread Slattern, Insatiable Keeper of the Amethyst Pavilion: The seventh of the Nine Lords, Zaani'viir is the Archfiend of Lust, and is a walking monument to carnality and vice. A purple-skinned behemoth with cloven hooves, four arms, twelve breasts and a long, grasping tongue, she is utterly shameless and whilst she does have other clothing (notably a gauntlet and a large leather mask that covers her misshapen head) the only modesty-providing garment she wears is a flayed skin thong around her nether regions. She is a particularly vile daemon who cares for physical pleasure and nothing else, and will vent her depravity on any living thing, regardless of species, sex or size. She takes delight in both pleasure and pain, both giving and receiving; the bite of a chainsword into her flesh grants her just as much ecstasy as the caress of a tongue across her skin. She exudes a perfumed aura that drives the feeble-minded wild with the desire to mate, a desire she is all too happy to grant- though said encounters usually end with death for the poor fools. She is armed with two weapons, a scepter-like mace named Violation and a sinuous, living whip named Bliss. The slightest touch from the mace causes unbearable agony beyond anything else, and her whip's merest stroke will render one insensible with orgasmic happiness. Short of the Gods themselves, she is the only thing capable of surviving such sensations- in fact, she adores inflicting wounds upon herself with them.

Haa'thonar Tiernos, The Black Queen, Scorn Incarnate, Furious Warlord of the Obsidian Fortress: The eighth of the Nine Lords, Haa'thonar is the Herald of Wrath, and represents anger, rage and hate. A huge, black-skinned bovine creature, she is by far the most terrifying to look upon of the Nine, towering over other most other daemons and rippling with muscles. She is clad in lacquered semi-organic armour, and two of her four arms are tipped with huge lobster claws. Her head is like a great eyeless bull, with massive horns curving from her head, and her sole feminine aspect is a single breast. Unlike Khorne's servants who fight with a brutal form of honour and do so to appease their deity, Haa'thonar simply takes sadistic glee in maiming, murdering and destroying for its own sake. She cares not for honour or glory, only for death, and she inflicts it with ungodly glee. It is said in hushed tones that she is the one servant of Slaanesh that the lord of battles, Khorne, has a measure of respect for due to her undying bloodlust and unparalelled skill in battle, but if there is any truth in this, she cares not- she hates all life, regardless of origin, and any form of admiration would be returned with violence. She is armed with a massive hammer known simply as Demise.

Liru'zol Jazaar-Ithoth-Ker, The White Queen, The Ringmaster of Sin, Arrogant Lord of the Ivory Spire, Slaanesh's Favoured of the Nine: The ninth and most powerful of the Nine Lords, Liru'zol is the Empress of Pride, and so is the living form of haughtiness, narcissism, megalomania and inflated sense of self worth. She has the ability to take on any form she chooses, but her true form is a hideous, pale-skinned fiend, covered in scars and with crab's claws. She wears a leotard-like garment and an ornate top hat, which shades her most hideous feature- her face. Skinless, eyeless and with a long beak-like nose and a wide, sharp-toothed grin, her visage is so unspeakably horrific that it is said that if even a Bloodthirster were to meet her blind gaze, his heart would explode from the sheer wrongness. She is impossibly proud, believing herself to be a god, and she considers even Slaanesh himself to be a mere footnote to her own glory. She will crow for an eternity on her greatness, claiming she is a greater lover than Zaani'viir, richer than Yi-Shiddoth and a vbetter warrior than Haa'thonar. She is armed with an Exalted Rod of Command, which allows her to exert her will over any being, daemon or mortal. Ironically, however, she is but a puppet herself- living in her hat is a tiny Daemonette-like creature that she believes is a mere familiar. The truth is that this tiny creature is a vector of Slaanesh's will, and controls her every move- with long strings it makes her dance to the Prince of Excess' tune, just slack enough to make her think she has free will but just tight enough to make sure she can never truly challenge him. So she is a slave to pride, the most insidious of all sins, and the one she embodies.

Model ideas:

For Silithi Kali-Mara, the description is actually based on the scratchsculpt I started yonks ago and still haven't finished. However, Morathi would make a superb base for a theoretical conversion for anyone who doesn't fancy making one from raw materials (which is to say, anyone with a jot of sense).

Bo-Gol'tha is another one based on a scratchsculpt I'm working on (albeit made primarily from bits of a bootleg action figure) but unlike the Deacon of Vainglory I can't think of how you'd replicate her using GW models. However, I did have two ideas for some of her weapon arms, notably a "pizza cutter of death" made from a Seeker Chariot blade wheel and a whip-hand, made using whips from that kit or the Hellstrider kit on the tips of the fingers.

Yi-Shiddoth I'm not really sure on. Perhaps one could modify Zarakynal (if you dared)?

Aa'villa Kretchen could work from anything really (Alarielle maybe?) with a lower half made from Chronos tentacles. The Cygor head would look good though it might be a bit big depending on the body...

Golro'zer Somnea I'm honestly not sure at all. Probably a heavy sculpting job. An actual snail  or conch shell would be a good start though.

Fezzane'Kii-Taa was based in concept on the Vermin Lord kit and with some bitz and sculpting would be easy enough to do.

Zaani'viir Vallus would be easy enough to do in theory (any large-scale shapely woman model/figure would do, albeit with heavy resculpting and conversion) but doing so with an actual GW or FW model would not. Zarakynal, again, is the only one even close and even she'd need heavy conversion. And regardless of whether she was based on a GW or 3rd party figure, or even scratchsculpted, she'd be tricky to look the part without getting you banned from your FLGW.

Haa'thonar Tiernos is simple- convert the Ghorgon kit. I had the classic Slaves to Darkness/Realm of Chaos model in mind, which the Ghorgon rather resembles.

Liru'zol Jazaar-Ithoth-Ker, I know how I'M going to do- again, using a crap bootleg figure I got from somewhere and a tonne of putty and parts, I'm going to, you guessed it, scratchsculpt my own (which makes sense seeing as she was literally designed around that figure). How anyone else is gonna do it though, I have no idea.

First time posting here but would appreciate some feedback on my list. Do you think I need to put a DP in there?

Thanks in advance

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [44 PL, 862pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

+ HQ +

Herald of Slaanesh [4 PL, 66pts]: Ravaging claws, Symphony of Pain

Keeper of Secrets [12 PL, 223pts]: Celerity of Slaanesh, Delightful Agonies, Phantasmagoria, Soulstealer, Warlord

The Masque of Slaanesh [4 PL, 78pts]

+ Troops +

Daemonettes [8 PL, 165pts]: Alluress, 19x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Daemonettes [8 PL, 165pts]: Alluress, 19x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [58 PL, 1122pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

Use Beta Rules

+ HQ +

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot [6 PL, 116pts]: Delightful Agonies

Herald of Slaanesh on Steed [4 PL, 82pts]: Symphony of Pain

+ Fast Attack +

Hellflayer [5 PL, 93pts]

Hellflayer [5 PL, 93pts]

Hellflayer [5 PL, 93pts]

Seekers [11 PL, 215pts]: Daemonic Icon, Heartseeker, Instrument of Chaos, 9x Seeker

Seekers [11 PL, 215pts]: Daemonic Icon, Heartseeker, Instrument of Chaos, 9x Seeker

++ Total: [102 PL, 1984pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

This is what I came up with.  Not sure if having 3 relics is necessary though.  This is includes all the models I own expect the Masque.  I need to get 1 demon prince, and 2 more chariots though.

HQ 

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Mark of Excess, Wings
. Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Forbidden Gem, Wings
. Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Keeper of Secrets: Cacophonic Choir, Celerity of Slaanesh, Pavane of Slaanesh, Soulstealer, Warlord

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

HQ

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, Slaanesh, Wings

Herald of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy, Ravaging claws

Herald of Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies, Ravaging claws

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) 

HQ 

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot: Lashes of Torment, Symphony of Pain

+ Fast Attack +

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

So my only problem with this list is that it has a lack of heralds and a masque. I find the masque to be very helpful and I include her in pretty much all of my lists. The lack of heralds will leave your units without the +1 strength buff, as the Daemon Princes don't really provide that. I would probably cut down on one DP and add in a herald on steed to run with the seekers and fill in other stuff as needed for the points gap. 

I havent had a chance to try this one out.  Waiting on ebay for the last chariots.  Unfortunately the seller I ordered from.  Went MIA I guess.  I do have the masque though.  Thought I give this a few games first.  I do see maybe adding more heralds in though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, this summer one of my hobby goals is to run an army with a Slaanesh component in a competitive environment, and thus wanted to hear your opinion on a couple of subjects.

First, what Slaaneshi units are you finding the best? I like a lot how fiends look on paper, but I've heard people praise seekers... Are they so good as alpha strike units? Can't really see them doing so well.

Second, how are you running daemonettes? Big blocks deep striking or small ones running up the board? I think 30 girls getting a charge from DS with all their buffs up can wreck face, as Slaanesh has so many buffs going for them but it a) is a waste of our loci b) is very unreliable, as we only have instrument and command re-roll to improve our chances of making it c) can't happen until turn 2 and d) will get blasted off the board next turn. On the other hand MSU units don't hit as hard but gives more targets, uses the loci, doesn't suffer as much from morale and won't look as threatening, thus soaking less firepower.

Third, in case of 10 girl units, is the icon worth it? It is 15 points which isn't precisely cheap, and it could scale quickly when taking multiple units.

I think Seekers and Hellflayers is the best you can get when running the shemales from hell.

Seekers have a 14" move, +1" advance and charge for Instrument. This means you can charge everything between 19" and 34" (average 26,5") with a reroll as long as you are in range of a Slaanesh Daemon character with locus.

Hellflayer are not as fast, but still able to crush into enemy lines turn 1. The high strenght attacks are pretty solid.

But to be honest I havent had a lot of games with Slaanesh in 8th edition and I am not a tournament player. Maybe what works for me is total rubish for you...

Seekers are fast, I can't deny it, but I don't see them as being a powerhouse for an army. Maybe a couple of units to tie up enemy shooters, but even at that they're not optimal because of the lack of the fly keyword and no other way to go over screens.

As for hellflsyers I haven't tried them out, but aren't heralds on seeker chariot better? They are psykers, characters with less than 10 wounds and similar damage output.

I think Seekers and Hellflayers is the best you can get when running the shemales from hell.

Seekers have a 14" move, +1" advance and charge for Instrument. This means you can charge everything between 19" and 34" (average 26,5") with a reroll as long as you are in range of a Slaanesh Daemon character with locus.

Hellflayer are not as fast, but still able to crush into enemy lines turn 1. The high strenght attacks are pretty solid.

But to be honest I havent had a lot of games with Slaanesh in 8th edition and I am not a tournament player. Maybe what works for me is total rubish for you...

don't forget to included the Masque of Slaanesh. The -1 to hit in the fight phase can make all the difference. Also, the +1 to strength from the heralds makes the army significantly better.

I lucked out and had a chariot box that I got as a christmas gift a few years back.  Ya the start collecting only has 1 base for the exalted and instructions.  I ordered more bases to solve that issue.  I know that you can send a request to the GW site.  I heard of people getting sent a pdf of the instructions that will show you how to build all 3.

Archived