Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slaaneshi Daemons in 8th

Slaanesh Daemons Daemonettes 8th

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Ebon Chalice

The guy with the 4 hive tyrants at least was a good sport about it.  He agreed with me that the tournament shouldnt have let supreme detachements and he was ya the 4 tyrants is pretty stupid and silly.  I am sure that when the Tyranid book drops those things are going to get a much needed change.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,474 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

The Tyranid book already dropped quite some time ago tho. That's why they're so strong. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts

Oh.  I really havent been paying attention much to the codex releases then.  That explains why those things are so mean.  I been waiting for the ork one to hopefully bring back a friend to the game.  He said he would decide when the ork one came.  I picked up the Demons when they came out.  Then of course I hear the plastic sisters and I was well my gee.  I havent touched them since 7th and I didnt like the disjointed index they got. 

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,996 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

That's like the burglar agreeing that the Police needs to do more to stop him instead of not being a thieving git laugh.png

My plans for my Daemons has always been in combination with my CSM, for the most part. I think that as a pure force Slaanesh Daemon is a bit too short of long ranged firepower so you need to do all you can to work around that. In your case I think the super squad might have been a mistake; too easy to see what you wanted to do and respond accordingly. There's enough armies out there that are fast, mobile and/or shooty enough in various ways to handle that.

The 20+ squad size thing feels like a red herring to me. Given you need to take more than 20 to weather inevitable losses and keep the bonus it's pricey, cumbersome and an obvious target as mentioned confused.gif Not that you can do a great deal against the flowing Gandalf beard lists, but it could help against others so worth consideration?

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | CSM Spidershrimp | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Keeper of Secrets

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
I agree with you Warriorfish. It was basically what I had and was able to get painted up in time.

I am going to be adding 10 more demonettes a third prince, keeper of secrets, and three hellflayer chariots. Going to break the demonettes into 6 squads. Break the seekers into 3 units. When I get home after work. I will post the 2k list I want to try for May. All I need to get for it is 10 more demonettes, a prince and a hellflayer.

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
This is what I came up with.  Not sure if having 3 relics is necessary though.  This is includes all the models I own expect the Masque.  I need to get 1 demon prince, and 2 more chariots though.

Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) 

HQ 

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Mark of Excess, Wings
. Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Forbidden Gem, Wings
. Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Keeper of Secrets: Cacophonic Choir, Celerity of Slaanesh, Pavane of Slaanesh, Soulstealer, Warlord

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

HQ

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, Slaanesh, Wings

Herald of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy, Ravaging claws

Herald of Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies, Ravaging claws

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) 

HQ 

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot: Lashes of Torment, Symphony of Pain

+ Fast Attack +

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 21,996 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

I think this is looking better. 8th is very much a game of numbers from all I've experienced, so dividing squads up gives you more options and your opponent more decisions. Also means you can garner minor bonuses such as extra Alluresses for that attack tongue.png Keeping the Daemonettes cheap helps, and also reduces their threat. Given they they're mostly going to be doing some screening/chaff work that helps a lot.

It's a bit like how I use Guardsmen squads - everyone knows they're not going to be doing much killing, but they'll need dealing with all the same and if left alone can cause some mischief. While Daemonettes will find it harder to do, they'll also do a lot more killing when they do so the principle should be largely the same. With the bonus to Command Points, taking an extra Relic is now worth considering I think as the right one can make more than the equivalent difference on CPs. Let us know how the list performs thumbsup.gif

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | CSM Spidershrimp | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Keeper of Secrets

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,064 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

So in the interests of generating discussion and giving people ideas, I spent far too long writing up nine (!) fluff pieces for some Keeper of Secrets ideas I had based on the Seven Deadly Sins, plus the two apocryphal sins that are usually forgotten in modern Christian teachings. Incidentally this also covers the seven colours of the rainbow plus black and white, which makes for handy colour coding.

Thus, I give you the Nine Lords of Sin. Or at least, ideas for them.

Fluff (warning, slightly graphic in places!):

Spoiler

Model ideas:

Spoiler

• Gederas likes this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Vallant

Vallant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
First time posting here but would appreciate some feedback on my list. Do you think I need to put a DP in there?

Thanks in advance

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [44 PL, 862pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

+ HQ +

Herald of Slaanesh [4 PL, 66pts]: Ravaging claws, Symphony of Pain

Keeper of Secrets [12 PL, 223pts]: Celerity of Slaanesh, Delightful Agonies, Phantasmagoria, Soulstealer, Warlord

The Masque of Slaanesh [4 PL, 78pts]

+ Troops +

Daemonettes [8 PL, 165pts]: Alluress, 19x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Daemonettes [8 PL, 165pts]: Alluress, 19x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [58 PL, 1122pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

Use Beta Rules

+ HQ +

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot [6 PL, 116pts]: Delightful Agonies

Herald of Slaanesh on Steed [4 PL, 82pts]: Symphony of Pain

+ Fast Attack +

Hellflayer [5 PL, 93pts]

Hellflayer [5 PL, 93pts]

Hellflayer [5 PL, 93pts]

Seekers [11 PL, 215pts]: Daemonic Icon, Heartseeker, Instrument of Chaos, 9x Seeker

Seekers [11 PL, 215pts]: Daemonic Icon, Heartseeker, Instrument of Chaos, 9x Seeker

++ Total: [102 PL, 1984pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Armchairarbiter

Armchairarbiter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Slaanesh Daemons

This is what I came up with.  Not sure if having 3 relics is necessary though.  This is includes all the models I own expect the Masque.  I need to get 1 demon prince, and 2 more chariots though.

HQ 

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Mark of Excess, Wings
. Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, The Forbidden Gem, Wings
. Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Keeper of Secrets: Cacophonic Choir, Celerity of Slaanesh, Pavane of Slaanesh, Soulstealer, Warlord

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

HQ

Daemon Prince of Chaos: Hellforged sword, Slaanesh, Wings

Herald of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy, Ravaging claws

Herald of Slaanesh: Delightful Agonies, Ravaging claws

Troops 

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Daemonettes 10x

Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) 

HQ 

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot: Lashes of Torment, Symphony of Pain

+ Fast Attack +

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Hellflayer 

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

Seekers x5

So my only problem with this list is that it has a lack of heralds and a masque. I find the masque to be very helpful and I include her in pretty much all of my lists. The lack of heralds will leave your units without the +1 strength buff, as the Daemon Princes don't really provide that. I would probably cut down on one DP and add in a herald on steed to run with the seekers and fill in other stuff as needed for the points gap. 

• Sume likes this

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts

I havent had a chance to try this one out.  Waiting on ebay for the last chariots.  Unfortunately the seller I ordered from.  Went MIA I guess.  I do have the masque though.  Thought I give this a few games first.  I do see maybe adding more heralds in though.

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
  • Faction: Harvesters of Souls
Hi guys, this summer one of my hobby goals is to run an army with a Slaanesh component in a competitive environment, and thus wanted to hear your opinion on a couple of subjects.

First, what Slaaneshi units are you finding the best? I like a lot how fiends look on paper, but I've heard people praise seekers... Are they so good as alpha strike units? Can't really see them doing so well.

Second, how are you running daemonettes? Big blocks deep striking or small ones running up the board? I think 30 girls getting a charge from DS with all their buffs up can wreck face, as Slaanesh has so many buffs going for them but it a) is a waste of our loci B) is very unreliable, as we only have instrument and command re-roll to improve our chances of making it c) can't happen until turn 2 and d) will get blasted off the board next turn. On the other hand MSU units don't hit as hard but gives more targets, uses the loci, doesn't suffer as much from morale and won't look as threatening, thus soaking less firepower.

Third, in case of 10 girl units, is the icon worth it? It is 15 points which isn't precisely cheap, and it could scale quickly when taking multiple units.

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts

I think Seekers and Hellflayers is the best you can get when running the shemales from hell.

Seekers have a 14" move, +1" advance and charge for Instrument. This means you can charge everything between 19" and 34" (average 26,5") with a reroll as long as you are in range of a Slaanesh Daemon character with locus.

Hellflayer are not as fast, but still able to crush into enemy lines turn 1. The high strenght attacks are pretty solid.

But to be honest I havent had a lot of games with Slaanesh in 8th edition and I am not a tournament player. Maybe what works for me is total rubish for you...

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
  • Faction: Harvesters of Souls
Seekers are fast, I can't deny it, but I don't see them as being a powerhouse for an army. Maybe a couple of units to tie up enemy shooters, but even at that they're not optimal because of the lack of the fly keyword and no other way to go over screens.
As for hellflsyers I haven't tried them out, but aren't heralds on seeker chariot better? They are psykers, characters with less than 10 wounds and similar damage output.

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Slan Drakkos

Slan Drakkos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
  • Faction: III and XVIII Legions

I think Seekers and Hellflayers is the best you can get when running the shemales from hell.
Seekers have a 14" move, +1" advance and charge for Instrument. This means you can charge everything between 19" and 34" (average 26,5") with a reroll as long as you are in range of a Slaanesh Daemon character with locus.
Hellflayer are not as fast, but still able to crush into enemy lines turn 1. The high strenght attacks are pretty solid.

But to be honest I havent had a lot of games with Slaanesh in 8th edition and I am not a tournament player. Maybe what works for me is total rubish for you...

don't forget to included the Masque of Slaanesh. The -1 to hit in the fight phase can make all the difference. Also, the +1 to strength from the heralds makes the army significantly better.

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Especially with the daemonette keywords now on those seeker. 

Does someone got the files to mount an Hellflayer ? i bought the Start collecting Slaanesh daemon but i cant find it. 

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

Sume

Sume

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts

I lucked out and had a chariot box that I got as a christmas gift a few years back.  Ya the start collecting only has 1 base for the exalted and instructions.  I ordered more bases to solve that issue.  I know that you can send a request to the GW site.  I heard of people getting sent a pdf of the instructions that will show you how to build all 3.

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts

You can find it online as well, I sent you a PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slaanesh, Daemons, Daemonettes, 8th

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users