Slaaneshi Daemons in 8th

WarriorFish

Nurgle is not outstanding because they are not good in shooting, mobility, or assault which is where other factions shine. But you can come up with some creative lists and I have something I can't wait to try.

It is true, tarpitting can only get you so far. I do however hope they do beasts of nurgle justice (and give them some new plastic models! I have seen some new leaked artwork that I suspect has some beasts of nurgle in it) because they are an under appreciated unit. Attention Seeker has won me some games from unsuspecting foes.

As a pure Slaanesh player, I'm very happy to find this article. I haven't read it yet, but after looking through the leaked index, Slaanesh daemons now look like a horde army, rather than an elite army. KoS now moves very fast, but becomes even more fragile owing tothe elimination of telepathy, soulsteeler, and daemonic gifts. Daemonettes, on the other hand, get the buffs from the Masque (oh, she's back finally!) and/or herald, though the Graceful Killer rule seems nearly meaningless. Chariots are one of good opitions in the new ed, especially with S+1 aura of herald.

EDIT: Oh, and the elimination of DS is critical...I cannot find any better points from the new Daemonic Ritual rule compared to the new DS rule given to many other units.

One of the chariots does look quite good when it crashes into the enemy, but I have the old metal models only I don't like them much at all aesthetically so it's fairly meaningless for me :P

I agree that numbers is the order of the day, though not for the Graceful Killer rule (which is also a bizarre name for what it does). Move fast and get into combat as quickly as you can with as much as you can. Not rocket science, but I can't see any merit to any other play style sadly. Makes me wish I got a few more Daemonettes when I had the chance though :(

What about Soul Grinders as something to add some more meat and durability to a list? They would provide some heavier lifting which Daemonettes would otherwise struggle with.

My Masque will be coming into the battlefield now. No more shelf covered sith dust. Her both auras are awesome!

I'm also satisfied with the Slaanesh psychic powers. They look much better than those in the previous ed.

Cacophonic Choir is now targeting the single closest unit, though of becoming mortal wounds.

Symphony of Pain is really good damage reducer. I'd like to especially note its low warp charge. Combined with the Masque, a unit got BS-2 shield. It's not good as the old invisibility, but still pretty useful IMO.

Hysterical Frenzy means a free bonus round of close-combat even without the risk of counter attack. We're close-combat army anyway, so...?

That's a good point, the Slaaneshi psychic powers look quite good to me Symphony of Pain in particular. It's quite easy to get psykers into a Daemon army between Heralds (who you'd like in the list anyway) and Daemon Princes :)

I think you have to plan to deep strike a full unit in and charge a unit that is already locked in combat (therefore no overwatch). You can place them wherever you want so 9.01 inches away then charge. Instruments add +1 to charge rolls so you average 8 for charge range. I didn't see fleet on them unfortunately, and we know quicksilver makes them always strike first even when charged.

We have no more fleet but one of those stratagems would provide the simillar re-roll. I'm expecting a huge amount of command points since I'm gonna organize my army with very narrow range anyway (chaos, daemon, slaanesh keywords)

I think you have to plan to deep strike a full unit in and charge a unit that is already locked in combat (therefore no overwatch). You can place them wherever you want so 9.01 inches away then charge. Instruments add +1 to charge rolls so you average 8 for charge range. I didn't see fleet on them unfortunately, and we know quicksilver makes them always strike first even when charged.

We have no more fleet but one of those stratagems would provide the simillar re-roll. I'm expecting a huge amount of command points since I'm gonna organize my army with very narrow range anyway (chaos, daemon, slaanesh keywords)

Well you don't really get "more" command pts for being more specific. Though I suspect you could easily run 2 or 3 battalions at 2k which would be a decent enough number of CPs. Not as high as a certain other armies can get. 

Well I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of the very expensive kits to make Exalted Chariots. Once those arrive I'll have enough to make my huge 2k army that is all Slaanesh Daemons + Be'lakor. Can't wait!

Well I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of the very expensive kits to make Exalted Chariots. Once those arrive I'll have enough to make my huge 2k army that is all Slaanesh Daemons + Be'lakor. Can't wait!

Cool, don't forget to let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

I think Fiends look quite good? In particular their special rule about locking enemies in combat could be very useful...

I've heard somewhere that the narrower range of units would provide more CPs, but I may be wrong then :tongue.:

Perhaps that is their goal for when the codex is released, as of now there is no incentive for going more specific than "Chaos" (other than that aura are often more specific so you lose aura utility by going broad)

I am really frustrated that the Daemons DP is 10 wounds and not 8 like the CSM.  The CD version has better special rules and the Slaanesh prince has better powers (for a daemons list), but I don't want to field the CD DP because he can be shot out...

I am really frustrated that the Daemons DP is 10 wounds and not 8 like the CSM.  The CD version has better special rules and the Slaanesh prince has better powers (for a daemons list), but I don't want to field the CD DP because he can be shot out...

Then take 2, or some keeper of secrets as well. Daemon princes died all the time in flying circus lists, you just had to spam them. Besides, you should be in combat on turn 1 anyways otherwise your fast CC army isn't too great. There is speculation that there will be alot of melee focused armies at the beginning of 8th. We will just have to wait and see, that is why I am making 0 purchases til a month into 8th.

Btw, KoS is now faster than before with 12" movement and even stronger at close combat thanks to the fixed three-damage hits all around! However, it has no more juicy telepathy powers by which I made up for his horrible survivability. I prefer a horde of lesser daemons exploiting the aura of the Masque and/or herald in this edition, rather than the big guys. 

What do you think?

Btw, KoS is now faster than before with 12" movement and even stronger at close combat thanks to the fixed three-damage hits all around! However, it has no more juicy telepathy powers by which I made up for his horrible survivability. I prefer a horde of lesser daemons exploiting the aura of the Masque and/or herald in this edition, rather than the big guys. 

What do you think?

Horde will be taking bravery tests and getting whittled down, monsters do not. They still have many uses, and we have not seen what their relics are going to be yet. Soulstealer may still be in the game, and I would love to run a KoS with soulstealer now that it may potentially have turn 1 assault. Also the slaanesh psychic powers are pretty good, and I think GD's and DP's have a discounted cost now so it would be really cool to have a do everything beatstick unit in a single 180-ish point package.

Well I just got a FW Keeper of Secrets for my birthday, so I hope they're good! :laugh.:

Zarakynel! Always one of my most wanted models!

Besides the KoS rule, I also hope GW would make more rationalized rules for those FW daemon lords. Currently they're just funny (both in points and stats)

Well I just got a FW Keeper of Secrets for my birthday, so I hope they're good! :laugh.:

Zarakynel! Always one of my most wanted models!

Besides the KoS rule, I also hope GW would make more rationalized rules for those FW daemon lords. Currently they're just funny (both in points and stats)

I'm not going to put her together until I've finished all my other models, but having inspected the parts I can safely say she's absolutely worth the money. Absolutely phenomenal model, though obviously a tricky one to do given all the spikes. The leg will definitely have the spikes on it, but for the breast I'm not sure. I'm thinking of leaving them off and either painting the mounting points as eyes, or possibly going for something really creepy and sculpting nipples where the spikes would normally go.

But yeah, if you want her I'd buy her ASAP. There's no telling when the mold will give up the ghost, and FW stuff is always hideously expensive on the aftermarket. I'm still sad I never managed to nab any of the Chaos Dreadnoughts or a Trygon.

My problem with Zarakynel is that I usually move a few hours to get to my gaming place by bus or train. Furthermore, I often take an airplane to have a few games in my homeland! I really don't wanna see broken parts from such a beautiful model (it happens frequently - poor my daemonettes...)

Edit. And I cannot find any excuse for her when a customs officer asks lol

Too many spikes make me fear for my fingers, but it is a great model. Size is about right for a KoS, certainly compared to others?

Zarakynel she's my favorite GW/FW model. I didn't use the spikes on mine because they're really fragile. Instead glued micro-beads into the spike depressions to give her studded legging and gloves. Oh and a pierced tongue as well... :wub:

That sounds like a good alternative, do you have a WIP topic Sersi?

I'm currently looking at a few options to add some more Daemonettes to my forces. Expand the squads to potentially above 20 (or more likely spread into more squads) and have a few more to convert into Heralds :smile.: Seekers are a no go, at least until I win the lottery...

Archived