Grey Knights and Mortal Wounds

I kinda wish our powerful guys didn't have the rites of banishment rule. Even voldus, a super awesome psyker, can only use the scrub version of smite. Which is kinda lame really.

This is definitely something I'm not excited about, you would think our strongest psykers would have a strong Smite, but then again that'd easily make the Libararian a "never take" HQ. I love that Voldus can cast and deny 3 powers each, but cmon, he's essentially the most powerful Psyker in the Imperium. However, I won't complain too much as I've seen solid arguments that GK lorewise use more supporting powers to enhance themselves rather than mind bullets.

Yeah GK Librarian is already heavily gimped in Matched play by Rule of 1. At least his Smite is still the full power version. 

After playing Voldus I'm not convinced he's always worth the 30pts extra. You rarely cast all his powers, I'm considering a generic GM instead. 

Yeah GK Librarian is already heavily gimped in Matched play by Rule of 1. At least his Smite is still the full power version.

After playing Voldus I'm not convinced he's always worth the 30pts extra. You rarely cast all his powers, I'm considering a generic GM instead.

You may be right... although a GM with hammer and storm bolter is 175 points if I'm not mistaken, so only a 15 point difference really... however 2+ rerolling 1's is quite nasty in CC. Sadly my meta isn't Psyker heavy, so more often than not a regular GM may be the wiser choice.

Don't forget that Voldus' Hammer does not have the negative to hit, too. That, the three powers and three denies make that 15 points well worth it.

So I finally had a game of 8th. And my previous hate for our smite spam is somewhat reduced. I luckily didn't peril though, but simply auto wounding whatever is closest is actually really good. Especially when you smite with each support character separately. Last edition a big squad would have only cast a power once, but my paladin squad, my brother captain, my apothecary and my ancient were just removing 4 models a turn for free.

A question for something I came across though, I had a squad in combat, with all that smiting, I removed the last enemy models in a combat. Do I then get to consolidate? Or just sit there and shoot as normal?

Edit: Derpy spelling

I'd say you just shoot, since you only Consolidate as part of your Fight phase, and you haven't gotten to that point yet.  However, you're free to Charge and Fight again after you Shoot, so sounds good to me.

Luckily this is what I did, but I really wasn't too sure though. Something else which i found very annoying, was multi wound attacks against multi wound models. Because you have to do each save and such separate.... Reaaaally slowed the game down. Especially with the new rendition of Fnp cast on said units.

?

I think its a rare exception where you have units with mixed saves?
So the saves could be done all together, and then you would have to roll the damage result one at a time.

I always suspected the "FNP" rolls against damage would slow things down, but from what I've heard its not super prevalent. Although Nurgle would be an exception. 

Well multiple wounds don't carry over, and you roll saves first, so you have to roll each damage roll separately vs a unit of multi wound guys.

And Eldar have a power called fortune, with 24" range that give the targeted unit the 5+ ignore wound. so expect to see it often really. Especially cast on wraithguard/blades.

But this isnt a mortal wounds question so I'll leave it at that lol.

Archived