8th edition loadouts

Psycannon is a joke, you pay 20 points to do on average 2 autocannon hits. Also, FYI, you cannot charge after firing them either.

What do you mean by this? There is nothing to prevent you from charging after firing your Psycannons, or Storm bolters. 

Incinerators are just depressingly bad. It's the same disease for all old template/blast weapons. RNG sucks, and having no synergy with either Teleport Strike or our desire to get into melee...plus they're now 3 times as expensive for no discernible reason. Why bother? GW made a huge mistake chucking out the templates.

I actually really like that they got rid of all of the templates and blast markers. The only issue is that they need to make the range for all of the basic Flamers/Incinerators 10" instead of 8", so you can actually use them from Reserves (and more reliably in Overwatch), and they should make the RNG outcomes a little larger (like 2d3, or d3+3, etc.).

You can charge no matter which weapon you fire.

Flamethrowers in general are pretty good this edition. The problem with incinerators is they are too expensive and can't be used after teleporting.

Anyway, if you are assembling some new PAGK, I'd wait for the codex release next month. It's very likely they change special weapons so they become at least playable.

Edited by Valerian
Removed unnecessary part. Don't be a jerk.

What do you mean by this? There is nothing to prevent you from charging after firing your Psycannons, or Storm bolters. 

I really need to buy the core rulebook. Ignore, I'm getting confused by other players.

I actually really like that they got rid of all of the templates and blast markers. The only issue is that they need to make the range for all of the basic Flamers/Incinerators 10" instead of 8", so you can actually use them from Reserves (and more reliably in Overwatch), and they should make the RNG outcomes a little larger (like 2d3, or d3+3, etc.). 

I suppose it's easier to resolve, but yeah with the other issues still currently holding back incinerators (no synergy with Teleport Strike, low average impact), I won't be using them till they're reworked. It's especially confusing sometimes because my group is still active 30k, so I have to mentally switch back to using templates. 

Flamethrowers in general are pretty good this edition. The problem with incinerators is they are too expensive and can't be used after teleporting.

Anyway, if you are assembling some new PAGK, I'd wait for the codex release next month. It's very likely they change special weapons so they become at least playable.

They're still good at killing Flyers ;) I seriously hope they change that eventually, it's kind of absurd that everything else misses more but you can burn planes out of the sky.

Strikes and Interceptors are great now, but yeah I wouldn't be building any special weapon guys for now. 

So it's confirmed we're getting our codex next month? 

Sweet

Just be wary about swapping out models to Falchions, blind freddy can see they are the better option so they might get a points increase in the codex.

I was thinking of sawing off the terminator/paladin models that have sword's into falchions...because they are just that much better. But hesitate before the codex. For PA models though, they're probably worth it even if they end up costing points.

Hey fellas I've looked on Google and I don't know if I'm searching wrong but I'm not finding any conversions of Count as Voldus. Lots of the actual model, Guilliman and cypher and for some reason Nurgle stuff but does anyone have a guide or any particular suggestions for making him?

I'm gonna use the old librarian in terminator armor model for my Voldus most likely. Waiting for our codex to come out before I do anything final tho. Drill out the head and replace with a GK one. Slap a stormbolter on it and cut off the stave. I've also got a bunch of extra bits to make a different looking hammer for him to represent it being a unique weapon.. I think I've got a space wolves hammer that I can add a bunch of GK accessories to. And probably cut off the top of a warding stave and stick it on his back to represent his "iron halo"

Alternatevly I've seen people are selling him on eBay for approx. $30 CAD I just don't care to spend the extra money

Edited by Soder

Why use a sm terminator model when you can use regular grey knight terminators for the librarian? Just assemble a regular terminator, use one of the unhelmeted heads if you want, put a nice standard-back thingie and a loincloth on it, give him some books and add some extra detail if you want to and you have a perfectly good ( a lot better than the sm one in my opinion) GK librarian.

Or just buy a Voluds on the secondary market and use him as a librarian or a regular GM, or even as himself XD

Hey fellas I've looked on Google and I don't know if I'm searching wrong but I'm not finding any conversions of Count as Voldus. Lots of the actual model, Guilliman and cypher and for some reason Nurgle stuff but does anyone have a guide or any particular suggestions for making him?

I bought mine off of eBay for less than $20 USD, so I figured I'd just get the real thing for a reasonable price, rather than kit-bash my own.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OU3Fa6bDUMo/T0DG90Fa4RI/AAAAAAAAA1I/xpYqXwfQXdM/s1600/GK+LIBBY2.jpg

That was my inspiration for what will most likely be my Voldus model. With GK shoulders and such will look like a GK enough for me! Just imagine him with a cool hammer :)

But ya I agree, easiest way would be to just customize a termie

Edited by Soder

I'm planning on converting a GK terminator, adding a suitable bare, bearded head from my bits box, adding a cape (I think there's one on the Deathwing Knights sprue) and a back banner and finding a suitable hammer from somewhere and calling it a day. I like the Voldus model but I think I'd prefer to have a unique version of him.