Hello Everyone, and Welcome to 2017's Tale of Hobbyists!
This is the 2017, Tale of Hobbyists Project thread. Here participants will post vows, WIP Pictures and completions. Please check out the Original Sign-up thread here.
If you wish to join you have until June 30th 2017 to do so, please do so on the Sign-up thread. Everyone is welcome to pop in and encourage the participants/comment on the various things that will follow/submit ideas or pictures for inspiration (as long as it is kept polite and mainly constructive, as per forum rules)
This Event will official start on the 17th of June, but any posts and work done from June 1st will count towards the first month’s requirements. The Event will run until Jan 15th 2018. Additionally an Event month is from the 16th-15th.
++ EVENT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS ++
The following rules are outline of the requirements of participation
- Everyone Participant will name a single project to be the focus of their vows.
- This Project can be changed until the 30th of June 2017
- A Project should be a focused collection of models that can be summarized in a single group, for example “Ultramarines 3rd company fighting forces of chaos on the red moon of gralth” This project would focuses on painting models of the Ultramarines 3rd company, but may also include some scenery from the red moon, and maybe even on or two units from the forces of chaos. In this example the forces of chaos would need to be on the same basing scheme to tie the collection together.
- Every Month the following if REQUIRED from participants at a minimum.
- An Update post detailing what work has been done, and what work is planned for the rest of the month.
- A Post Showing a model(s) at the start of the month.
- Model(s) should be unpainted or primed or in very early stages of painting at the point.
- A Post Showing Models(s) competed at the end of the month.
- If a participant does not finish a model(s) at the end of the month an update of its current state will fulfill this requirement, This can be only done once within the event, a special dispensation may be made for complex Model(s).
- Should these Requirements not be fulfilled then the Participant will be considered out of the event.
- Each month a SPECIAL EVENT will be announced that may temporarily change the requirements for these events. These will appear in announcement posts and will be listed in the SPECIAL Event section of this post.
++ The Spirit of The Event ++
Much like the ETL and other events on this forum there are some high-level principles, which cannot directly translate to rules, that cannot be policed but I would like all participants to try and abide by these ideas.
The aim of events like this is to develop and improve skills, the aim isn’t to win awards this isn’t a completion to see who can paint the most as DO NOT COMPROMISE your skill to be the person who paints the most. Another item of note linked to this is basing. Basing isn’t compulsory, this is for a whole number of reasons but if you have been basing some models in the project and then stop expect some questions.
Most importantly this event is an opportunity to paint your army while having fun interacting with other frater within our community.. Please keep that in mind in your exchanges and also that there may be a language barrier let alone the fact text doesn’t convey tone well.
I hope that all makes sense.
++ Special Events & Achievements ++
Every Event Month I will focus on a theme, during that event month it will be possible to achieve a special achievement, more outlined below. I will list all the special events here outlining the dates of eligibility
- June – 1/6/17-14/7/17:-Get It DONE! It’s the start of the event, and all probably have models that we have been working that just need that little bit more time to complete. So this month let’s get these guys done. As such the following *RULES CHANGE* is in effect for weeks of 1/6/17-14/7/17. It doesn’t matter what stage the model is in at the start of the month, the aim is to get things completed. Due to the extended time of this ‘month’ to achieve the Achievement will require two vows.
- July – 15/7/17-14/8/17: - Rearm and Replace. With the arrival of 8th edition and the first few weeks of gaming under our belts, it will be time to look to our already painted models and make alterations. As such for the event month in July let’s focus on these projects. (More information to be published soon)
++ LIST OF PARTICIPANTS ++
binary -- 4th company Howling Griffons.
Combat_Vet -- relief of Fallujat II
Grandmaster damion -- Deathwatch Kill Teams
Iron Bars -- sepuloran reactor guard
Jaxom -- Astra Militarum reinforced by Primaris Astartes
Lemainus -- Dark Angels successor, the Iron Lions, and the malevolent forces of Malal
MindOfMetal -- Marine Malevolents
SW1 -- scummy under belly of an Imperial Hive
Zujara -- Adeptus Mechanicus from Ryza and Imperial Knights from House Cadmus
Brother Arkley -- Hunt for the Occulus
Brother Captain Firelupus -- Dorn's Wolves
Brother Chaplain Kage -- Astral Claws,
Celestial Guardian -- Taking of Cyrene
Erasmus Tycho -- Blood Angels 3rd Company the 'Ironhelms
Ferrus Manus -- Lions Eternal III Company
FirstSonofHorus -- Captain Calvatus's Ultramarines Primaris
fisheyedbunny, -- Primaris Howling Griffons
FlamingWalnut -- Phoenix Wardens and their crusade of retribution
foamy248, -- Black Legion warband
Ghostbear_100 -- IVth legion 314th Task Force
gianlucafiorentini123 -- Chaos V Pirmais Marines
Grieux Red Scorpions
Grotsmasha -- Art Scale HH: Dark Angels
Jüffös -- Legio Tertia Decima Cohors Thalassana (13th Legion Cohort/Chapter of Talassar)
Kennyjapan -- Sons of Jaghata/Knights of Blood/ Disciples of Caliban
KingKurama -- Xth Legiones Astrates
Larkyn -- Pilgrims of the Dark (my own custom XI Legion)
lionofjudah -- Iron Warriors V Imperial Fists
Lord Commander Eidolon, -- Emperor's Children force, a kind of Pride of the Legion force (Solomon Demeters 2nd Company!)
mandaloriano -- Khone Invasion of the Invasion of Leporis System
Marqol -- Iron Warriors
MrBadweed -- warband of the Black Legion led by Ekron Fal
ogres_lair -- necrons
Rangaman -- Fulgrim and his Phoenix Guard
Rustam -- Battle for Macragge (Ultramar Auxilia 60th Armoured Cohort, Plus Ultramarines 3rd company)
Sagentus -- Cadia Urmak and his blood crazed cohort
Scared to death -- Shadow Crusade era Word Bearers
"Shard of Magnus" -- Harrowing of Trajan Prime
Skidman -- pre heresy iron warriors
snazzyninja -- Death guard
ST.Lazarus -- Black Templar crusade to liberate the ork occupied Cardinal world of Lazarus
Studio Silvernale -- Alpha Legion
TrawlingCleaner -- The 5th company of the Sanguine Knights,
Trixie -- pre heresy Alpha Legion
Trokair -- The Defense of the Elysium Forgeworld
Umbros, -- Primaris Howling Griffons and also some scenery.
VulkansDynasty -- Salamander's 1st Company and support elements
waaaaghlord -- Carcharodons
Warsmith Uveron -- “The Siege of Carinus #3”
Wiffinberg -- The Angles Blade
Wolf_Priest_dantay_xv -- Space Wolves (assault on Prospero)
Wulfric _1066 -- Chapter CLIII, Legio XIII, the 153rd chapter of the Ultramarine Legion
angel robertson -- Nurgle!
Augustus b'Raass -- Nurgle Death Guard
BlueBelly1863 -- Imperial Guard, to be joined by Primaris Space Marines
Bmseifer -- Ultramarines
Brother Mayhem -- Black Legion and Death Guard
Chaplain Dosjetka -- Zone Mortalis Imperial Fists
Daemonifugue -- An Alpha Legion cell
FlakMonkey -- Salamander army
Glomshark, -- Iron Warriors V Imperial Fists
hermanista -- Ultramarines
Khalic -- Murderous Ignorance
Lexington -- Word Bearers force, the Sicarii
Morovir, -- Zone Mortalis force of the Iron Hands Clan Felg
MrKeef -- Nurgle Infestation of the Planet Corelia
Replica, -- Lord Ortan Cassius, Master of Sanctity - and no fewer than 9 of his Tyrannic War Veterans!
Soldier of Dorn -- VII Legion 52nd Company//Raid Battlegroup, cross ref. Siege of Terra
Wiqid -- Flesh Tearers
++ AWARDS ++
All participants who make their first vow until June 30th will be eligible to for the following badge as shown below:
(Big thanks to Brother Arkley for helping with these)
Pick One based on your own Preference!
IMPORTANT NOTE: MANY FRATER ALREADY DISPLAY A NUMBER OF BADGES THAT MAKE FOR VERY LARGE SIGNATURES. BEFORE YOU ADD MORE MAKE SURE THAT YOU COMPLY WITH THE B&C SIGNATURE RULES.
Additionally other awards will be handed out for participants who complete the following achievements; Additional achievements will be unlocked as the event moves forward.
Initial Achievements are, Details will be added in the next week or so.
Terraforma < Finishes a month with scenery as a completion
Grand Marshal < finishes the event with a completion every month
Scribe < Linking, and tagging to a spate thread detailing the ‘fluff’ on the project.
And with that Feel Free to Start Posting!
Edited by Warsmith Uveron, 03 July 2017 - 01:51 PM.