2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists

@LCE: I love the purple, really captures that enamel look without straying into metallic candycoat territory.

@Jono: The hilt and guard remind me of a german messer. Subjectively, I think it's be neat if the blade matched:

http://cdn3.volusion.com/jkxpn.sognc/v/vspfiles/photos/KS-M-Blade-2.jpg
Just a little trimming on the back, kind of like a bowie knife.

I, Trawling Cleaner, vow to complete  Cheif Librarian Tigurius and Captain Sicarius for my Sons Of Orar. They'll be proxies but I'm not a huge fan of either offical models and they would take a lot of work to convert an remove the Ultra symbol.

35795336594_430a0ececa_c.jpg20170817_160133

The paint is still wet but Knight Scion Elias is ready to enter the fray!

36763791765_017930698e_z.jpg

Apparently painting a Knight did not match well with work last month, but here it is! To stay on the safe side the rest of august this months vow is a bit less ambitious. Next month I'll go for more 'bulk'. Got to fill out the Armies on Parade board!

For this month I vow to paint the Centurion his two right hand men, Optio Balbus 'the Taskmaster of Laphis'' and Optio Albus 'the Stern'

36593789872_7255297785_z.jpg

Dang Rustam!! Your greens are hypnotic! That's fantastic good as a complementary color there!!

I've been slacking the last few days as I've been running like a chicken with my head cutoff;)

Took my boy to see Logic a state above me Friday night , good friends birthday Saturday out in the country, drove to state below me Sunday to get ready for the solar eclipse Monday, came home LATE Monday and worked the day away Tuesday, washed: 5 man Iron Tyrant squad, SA command squad, FW jump pack special dude and the custodes character today... hoping to finish assembling the 8 dudes on my table this eve and get some primer flowing tomorrow afternoon.

8JqM99k.jpg

I, binary, as my fourth vows of the TOH2017, do pledge to finish the first five assault marines, first tactical squad's rhino and as part of this months HQ theme, Captain Uthor

q9k3oVE.jpg

UwXKTfa.jpg

h6xxcFm.jpg

blolXHj.jpg

More WIP pics

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334480-led-howling-griffons-captain-uthor-wip-24-08/

++ Month 3 - Initial Progress ++

The start:

http://i.imgur.com/HqmfvVpm.jpg

I've been finishing up some other stuff and just started on the vow. The most ambitious part is the sword. The Lightbringers have plasma-based relic and master-crafted weapons. Some very careful sawing and slicing got me here:

http://i.imgur.com/BaXFMUym.jpg?1

There's some gaps that aren't visible in the picture that will require some GS to fill. I removed the "auto-reliquary" because if I wanted to play Mortifactors I'd play Mortifactors. The Lightbringers are a Dark Angel successor chapter so I replaced it with the Angel of Death - not technically a chapter badge so it's a-okay... and now I want a "Codex Approved" smiley.

http://i.imgur.com/aditzijm.jpg?1

Just a quick text update. My vow is complete. kinda.

I tried to do decals for the first time since 2nd Ed, and stuffed them up. Twice. So now I'm getting the curved shoulder icons from shapeways, I was going to wait for them, but they're not going to arrive in time. I'll get some pics up in the morning.

Cheers,

Jono

I tried to do decals for the first time since 2nd Ed, and stuffed them up. Twice. So now I'm getting the curved shoulder icons from shapeways, I was going to wait for them, but they're not going to arrive in time. I'll get some pics up in the morning.

Cheers,

Jono

I make decals all the time. If you need any pointers PM me.

Cheers,

Jono

I make decals all the time. If you need any pointers PM me.

It's mostly I'm out of practice and need to buy some microset/sol, as I was just using water, whilst being overly ambitious. I was trying to make crossed swords out of cut down DA chapter badges. At lease now Shapeways has me covered, and I've ditched decals all together. Cheers for the offer though.

Cheers,

Jono

Finished my second and third part of my pledge for this month. Getting Started Intercessor and Terminator Chaplain. Also going to make an additonal pledge this month of a Primaris Librarian.

Getting Started Intercessor

Intercessor 1

Intercessor 2

Intercessor 3

Chaplain Terminator

Chaplain 1

Chaplain 2

Chaplain 3

Chaplain 4

Librarian 1

Librarian 2

Librarian 3

Quite a picture heavy one sorry all

Edited by fisheyedbunny

Progress! Finally. The Sicarius count as is mostly done, I just need to tidy some things up and do a couple more highlights. The cape needs more washes to be darker and some highlights too. 

36793528742_b0fd60d42a_c.jpg20170901_195913 

36129611264_af296a0f9c_c.jpg20170901_195922 

36155860583_b093172cc6_c.jpg20170901_195929 

36155858123_72c923b89b_c.jpg20170901_195937

Any pointers on this would be great.