Starting a small Grey Knight force, which HQ to get?

Definitely Voldus. He's 45 points cheaper than he was, and combines the best parts of a Grand Master, and a Librarian, but he's more souped up than our Librarian option can be. He's everything you'd ever need in an HQ.

I got mine for a very reasonable price off of eBay. Or, you can just build one of your own out of the GK Terminator kit.

Yeah Voldus has everything you want. Hammer that hits on a 3+, three powers a turn (and access to all Santic plus Smite), still brings Grandmaster aura. It's depressing comparing him to a generic GM, there is literally no reason not to take him. 

Yeah Voldus has everything you want. Hammer that hits on a 3+, three powers a turn (and access to all Santic plus Smite), still brings Grandmaster aura. It's depressing comparing him to a generic GM, there is literally no reason not to take him.

I believe he's still hitting that Hammer on a 2+. Malleus Argyrum doesn't have that -1 to hit. Even more of a reason to take him!

In regards to Voldus, an interesting thing of note, on his profile it says he can attempt to cast 3 psychic powers and deny 3 opposing powers.

In comparison to Tigurius, it says he can attempt to cast 3 psychic powers and deny TWO opposing powers. Is this a nod from GW, that the Grandmaster of GK librarians, themselves regarded as psykers among psykers...is a more potent psyker than the prodigious Tigurius?

In regards to Voldus, an interesting thing of note, on his profile it says he can attempt to cast 3 psychic powers and deny 3 opposing powers.

In comparison to Tigurius, it says he can attempt to cast 3 psychic powers and deny TWO opposing powers. Is this a nod from GW, that the Grandmaster of GK librarians, themselves regarded as psykers among psykers...is a more potent psyker than the prodigious Tigurius?

Off the top of my head I believe the only others that can manifest and deny 3 powers in 8th are Magnus, Kairos and Ahriman, even Eldrad can only deny 2 powers... I'd like to think it is a nod to Voldus' psychic prowess =D

What are people's thoughts on Draigo? They've kept him at 240 points but he seems just as beastly with his 8e transition. Barring Calgar (250 points), I think he is the most expensive Chapter Master. Is he worth the points if you want to field him? What role would he best serve as? What units would you want him to be around? 

I like the fluff they included in his profile as when ever you want him in your army, he'll pop in from his continual journey in the warp to help you smash face for that battle! Also, with Daemon Primarch's roaming around on the tabletop these days, I like the idea of Draigo warping into charging distance ready for a Friday night brawl!

What are people's thoughts on Draigo? They've kept him at 240 points but he seems just as beastly with his 8e transition. Barring Calgar (250 points), I think he is the most expensive Chapter Master. Is he worth the points if you want to field him? What role would he best serve as? What units would you want him to be around?

I like the fluff they included in his profile as when ever you want him in your army, he'll pop in from his continual journey in the warp to help you smash face for that battle! Also, with Daemon Primarch's roaming around on the tabletop these days, I like the idea of Draigo warping into charging distance ready for a Friday night brawl!

On paper, he seems like an absolute beast, but a better way of putting it may be this.... lol

"Lord Kaldor Draigo is a combat monster - there's no other way to describe him. He's lethal against non-daemonic foes, with plenty of Strength 8 force weapon attacks to lay a beat down. Even if his enemy survives, Draigo's storm shield is sure to keep him fighting. And on top of all of this, Draigo is a Grand Master, able to bestow extra abilities on his allies. Want your Dreadknight to capture objectives? Draigo can make that happen. Want a Scouting screen of Dreadnoughts? Draigo can make it happen. He's the best possible way to keep your opponent on his toes."

I couldn't help myself =P

Archived