Vendetta's are back baby!

gilt_imp

For those Guardsman who didn't keep the faith, or who temporarily were disappointed with Vendetta's missing from the Imperium Vol 2 Index for 8th edition...

Rejoice!

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Imperial-Armour-Index-Astra-Militarum-2017

Check out the contents list.

It's not a huge expense either for the FW book and has lots of other goodies.

Certainly a unique journey. New variant dreamed up by GW two editions ago, then FW releases an upgrade kit to actually build it, and then it goes FW only?

And I forgot that the Valkyrie was originally a FW model that became plastic!

Edited by Beaky Brigade

Im not surprised to see it coming in the IA. Tbh it was expected. I do how that doesnt rule out GW prime doing a dual kit for it ala Storm Talon when the full codex is released.

I also wonder if FW will be updating these IA boxes like indicies/codexes. Or if the single purchase will last until they do a complete revision.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait wait wait wait, Transport capacity is back up to 12!?

Are you able to say how many points a triple, double lascannon version will set you back?

The 40k general on /tg/ had someone who had looked through the book the day of release, apparently the Vendetta is 230 points and the Vulture has 40 shots....

Ha! I didn't really think they'd actually give it 40 shots...

230pts actually seems like a good deal especially considering the doubled capacity. I'll keep mine as a Vendetta I think. My Veterans maybe have a new home! They wear kilts so no-one is going to be happy looking up and seeing them dropping down on top of them!

I'm really curious to know what my Vultures and thunderbolts can do. Nice to see that the Vendetta is going to be able to do some damage, and carry some dudes, Maybe Mine will see some more use.

I don't like this at all, why is the chassis 20 cheaper than the Valkyrie while being able to carry a lot more firepower? Unless I'm missing something, a minimal vendetta is only 20 more than a cheap valkyrie, but seems to have more than twice the firepower and no downside? Did the forgeworld books maybe miss a balancing pass the gw books had in the end where valkyries got a bump in price? If those prices don't get brought in line fast, forgewold will just end up mostly banned I fear.

My understanding of the ITC format is that, the general prevalence and accessibilty of FW models these days, means that enough people use them that it creates it own balance. So I doubt ITC will ban them. Local events I can't speak for.

Yeah, I mainly meant local events/ pickup games. Though if they keep up their promise of constant rebalancing this will probably be fixed soon. Which would mean the vendetta will probably see a small price hike pretty soon (or valkyries go down).