I've just finished editing the 40k Space Marines Index template for Quartermaster, so I'm pretty much full bottle on Marine unit profiles now. There's more than a few AoS rules that have ported over, like the wound allocation Slips mentioned. I think most units' statlines can be ported over from their closest current 40k incarnations to a Heresy version. Here's a bit of a rundown on the stats for units that are in the Heresy...Move
- standard Infantry are 6".
- Jump Pack are 12".
- Jet Pack are 8" (see Tau).
- Tartaros Terminators are 6".
- Cataphractii Terminators are 4".
- other Terminators are 5".
- Bikes & Jetbikes (see Sammael) are 14".
- Dreadnoughts are 6".
- Land Speeders are 16".
- Contemptors are 9"/6"/4" (reducing profile)
- Rhinos, Predators & Whirlwinds are 12"/6"/3" (reducing profile).
- Vindicators & Land Raiders are 10"/5"/3" (reducing profile).
- Basilisks (see Astra Militarum) are 12"/8"/4" (reducing profile).
- Baneblade chassis' (see Astra Militarum) are 10"/7"/4" (reducing profile).
- Drop Pods are 0". WS
are very much what they were originally, but instead of a 4 it says 3+. Vehicles all gained a WS value (where they didn't have one), but it's often only a 6+.Strength
is pretty much the same; Dreadnoughts are still S6, Marines are still S4. Difference is with Vehicles gaining a Strength value (where they didn't have one):
- Land Speeders are S4.
- Rhinos, Predators, Whirlwinds, Vindicators & Basilisks are S6.
- Land Raiders are S8.
- Baneblades are S9.Toughness
is like Strength with regards to Vehicles:
- Land Speeders are T5.
- Drop Pods, Basilisks & Thunderfires (read: Rapiers) are T6.
- Dreadnoughts, Contemptors, Rhinos, Predators & Whirlwinds are T7.
- Vindicators, Land Raiders & Baneblades are T8.
Also, Bikers have +1 Toughness like before. Jetbikes now have the BIKER and FLY keywords, so gain the same benefit.Wounds
- Bikers gain an extra Wound. This is nice.
- Terminators of all types have +1 Wound. On units, this should be a flat 2 Wounds, IMHO. Firedrakes, Justaerin & Sekhmet don't really need 3 Wounds, but Lernaeans, Gorgons & Legion Terminators would gain a lot out of 2 Wounds. Use their wargear, special rules and (eventual) Legion Keywords to differentiate them.
- Characters have 4 Wounds base. This is good for Centurions, Consuls, Apothecaries (Primus Medicaes) & Techmarines (Forge Lords). Captains (Praetors) have 5 Wounds. Guilliman has 9, so that's a good baseline for other Primarchs.
- Vehicles have a LOT of Wounds. Everything pretty much tripled: Baneblades have 26, Land Raiders have 16, Predators/Vindicators/Whirlwinds/Basilisks have 11, Rhinos/Contemptors have 10, Drop Pods/Dreadnoughts have 8, and Land Speeders have 6.Attacks
haven't changed too much. You don't gain an extra attack for having two Melee weapons or a Pistol (except for certain weapons), but you can divide you attacks between your Melee weapons, like Horus' [i[Weapon Mastery[/i] rule. Vehicles all gained an Attacks value too (if they didn't have one) - 3 on a Rhino at full health, for instance. Charge that Rhino first to soak up the fire!Leadership
is very much a different stat to what it used to be, with Morale checks being like Battleshock in AoS:
- Standard Marines and Land Speeders only have Ld7.
- Veterans, Terminators, Apothecaries, Techmarines and most Vehicles have Ld8.
- Veteran Sergeants, other (better) Characters and Land Raiders have Ld9.
- Ld10 is very
rare. Only Guilliman has it.Saves
are mostly the same for those that had them, with Vehicles again being the difference. Pretty much all Vehicles have a 3+ save, with Land Raiders having a 2+ save.
We've seen the Forge World datasheets for Spartans and Leviathans, so you can pretty much copy and paste them (with some de-Chaosification). Pretty sure the Butcher cannon array is meant to be the Leviathan storm cannon.
Regarding the wound increase... this is a mechanic they've applied across the whole gamut of 8th Ed Vehicles, Monstrous Creatures and Characters. All of them are more survivable, with a lot of weapons not having the same impact they used to (no 1-shotting a Land Raider with a lucky 6, for instance). Terminators and Bikes getting extra Wounds I've already discussed. But this Wound increase shouldn't apply to baseline Marines - no reason for it.
Hope all of this helps creating some Heresy profiles Apologist!