Converting weapons

Daimhin

I'm sure there'll be a thread somewhere, but my search-fu is failing.

What are people using to convert any of the following?

Inferno pistols for seraphim.

Condemnor boltguns

Combi-flamers

I've not tried it yet. But the Dwarf Quarrelers Crossbows, look like they will fit nicely on top of a bolter, for a Condemnor boltgun. Having both Greyfax and Quarrelers, I can attest to them looking incredibly similar. No idea about the other 2 sadly, I would like to know myself. yes.gif

Inferno pistols for seraphim.

Condemnor boltguns

Combi-flamers

Inferno pistols - the Blood Angels pistols are not a bad fit. A little on the large size but manageable (and in both left and right hand varieties)

Condemnors - I think these were from the empire handgunner, but it has been a while

Condemnor sisters

Combi-flamer - old canoness, flamer barrel on combi-grenade launcher superior. I used the tartaros terminator combi-weapon for plasma but it may also work for flame (weapon swap on the power sword and plasma pistol superiors)

If you need to buy a Canoness, she comes with an inferno pistol that could be used for Seraphim (if you're not using it for her and are willing to cut through metal).

Only left handed - but doesn't look too bad and the scale is better than the marine pistols.

I think with mine I just took a pair of clippers across the wrist and then along the top of the hand, trying not to bend the gun as I did.

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and retinue

If you need to buy a Canoness, she comes with an inferno pistol that could be used for Seraphim (if you're not using it for her and are willing to cut through metal).

That is my fallback plan, but an expensive way of doing it!

Inferno Pistols, I would just cut off the bolt casing and attach a melta head on the bolt pistol.

Combi flamers are a little tricky, but im sure our signature conversion piece, Grenade Girl, is up for conversion.

Condemnor Boltguns are doable with Dwarf Quarreler crossbow bits.

Blood Angels' Inferno Pistols look absolutely massive on Sisters but I kinda like that about them. My Canoness has a pair of them (a choice I would regret more if I didn't like how it looked) and they're practically as long as her arms. She might as well be dual-wielding Meltaguns XD

I usually use heavy weapon sisters for my combi-weapon superiors, it's relatively straight forward to give them a sternguard combi gun. I'd recommend using the arms/hands from a space marine scout though as they're a far better scale than space marine power amour. Alternatively, it's pretty easy to chop off the boltgun from some of the superior models (I had about 6 of the boltgun/power sword models).

I want to try some sisters of silence arms with my next set, as I'm guessing I'll need some more combi-plasmas for 8th edition.

After checking at home - the space marine melta pistols are the same length as the sororitas bolt gun, so a little scaled up from the canoness pistol in all dimensions.

The combi-weapon only a little larger than the sororitas storm bolter but there is a bit of fitting to do around the leg on the plasma/power sword superiors.

Inferno pistols - canoness has the best fit, cut the hand out, mate it to the bare hand on your target fig, left hand vs right hand doesn't matter at that point because you aren't swapping it out.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/dracpanzer/Adepta%20Sororitas/SoB%20027_zpscz4rdjbe.jpg

Condemnor Boltgun - bolter with dwarf crossbow looks great, remove the front sight and slot the bottom of the bow to fit and it slides right on.

med_gallery_53617_12047_734330.jpg

Combi-flamer - any sisters combi actually besides the condemnor, stormbolter girl, remove the left hand barrel and replace it with your flamer or melta barrel.

med_gallery_53617_12047_317461.jpg

I made this combi-melta for my canoness. It's an old 2nd edition era marine boltgun with the eagle shaved off and the clip moved onto the side (you can't see it in this photo unfortunately) then the back half of a bolt pistol glued underneath with the barrel and fuel cell from the current marine combi-melta part. 

I'm thinking of doing something similar to make a combi-flamer using an old hand flamer in place of the melta setup on this conversion.

[img]34756179840_ff1c50c19e_m.jpg[/img]

Inferno Pistol Seraphim:

gallery_53134_10809_54373.jpg

If you don't have enough Canoness bits, use a Bolt Pistol Seraphim by cutting off the bolt pistol barrel and the magazine, adding on the barrel from a space marine combi-melta, then adding the "ammo canister" thing with some Dark Angels bits.

I think the mult-meltas I used for this were from the HH boxed sets but I can't remember.

For what it's worth, I converted my Melta-toting Dominions out of bolter-armed sisters by removing the magazine and barrel, gluing on a melta muzzle, and sticking a melta canister to the side of the boltgun. Looks pretty decent generally and you can't tell the difference (no underslung pipe) from arm's length or even a cursory inspection.

CONDEMNOR

I'm planning to make the condemnor using the the crossbow cross bar bit from the Quarrellers set.  Had some left over from my Dwarfs and they seem to have a decent fit on standard sister bolters.  Will defiantly require green stuff to fill in the gaps.

INFERNO PISTOL

While you could replace the barrel of the hand flamers or add melta barrels to the ends of bolt pistols, it might be easier to just green stuff over the barrel of hand flamers.  So far my Seraphim have always been used to deal with straggler infantry with armor dealt with by my Exorcists, Penitent Engines and the like, so I haven't felt the need to convert any.

COMBI-FLAMER

I made my guys carrying torches, throw back to the Brazier of Holy Fire.  My hope is that we'll get that item back one day.  It easily represent as club/mace in addition to the combi-flamer, and it is very easy to make.  Green stuff on the head of a club/mace and form it into a tear drop with a curl.  Having the curl go sideways gives the impression that the torch is being swung around.   Press or drag some lines into it while it is still wet so that it isn't perfectly smooth.  Because you are modeling the torch in motion, you don't have to put much or any effort into making fingers coming off the flames.  Paint it all red, then paint the top 75-80% orange, the paint the top 40-50% yellow, then a little bit of black at the very tip.

It is also very easy to do for an axe.  Either start with an axe add or modify the above into an axe.  A sword is a little trickier but still doable.  You would want to leave the tip of the blade exposed.  For a visual, think of wrapping a cloth around the end of a sword and setting it on fire.

I have a few combi-meltas that were simple conversions.  I would also work for combi-flamers.

I used the superior model with powersword where she holds the bolter down in her right hand.  The magazine , knee and robe all meet together but it is easy enough to carve away a little room.  I built the melta reciever part with greenstuf and on one even just a bit of sprue clipped to fit under the bolter barrel.  Add on a melta barrel or in this case a flamer cone.

After that, take the fuel bottle off of a hand flamer.  Slice that in half long ways and glue one half to the side of the greensuff/sprue lower reciever.  I then clipped a small bit of guitar string to lay along the barrel from the bottle to the nozzle.  It also heled hide the seam.

For inferno pistol Seraphim, I used the barrel and bottle from Blood Angels' inferno pistols like most above.  Trim away the barrel and ejector port from the girl's bolt pistol and glue on the plastic.  Simple.

The nice thing about Fantasy Battle dwarf crossbows is that no one used the bows.  They are easy to get for the asking if you have any dwarf FB players in your group.  They drop on the bolter almost like it was made for them.

[eta]

There are some of the bolter babe models that have what look like small flamers under their bolter.  I can't recall what they were called now ... gah!  Anyway, way back in the first days you got extra hits for so may of those in a squad.  Like 5-7 would give you 3 hits.

But anyway, you could  add a hand flamers fuel bottle to one of those models and call it good.

Does anybody have any ideas for storm bolters? Really digging them at the moment. Since there is only 2 different models, I would like to convert some basic sisters.

I converted a couple for some of my superiors.

My first bit of advice is DON'T USE 2 BOLTERS GLUED TOGETHER.

Storm bolters range in size a great deal across all model lines, the smallest is the wrist mounted version on Grey Knights, the largest is the one that comes with the Immolator.  If you use 2 bolters glued together you will have a storm bolter that is BIGGER than the one on the Immolator.  It is about half again as big as the storm bolter on the 2 official models.

I found the best result was to use 2 bolt pistols.  When compared to all of the official storm bolters available, the 2 pistol conversion was only slightly larger than the middle of the samples.

Archived