I am not entirely sharp on knight lore.. when you say, that my knight likely would come from Raukama, does that mean that it is an imperial knight or a knight allied with the Mechanicus (do I use the eagle ornaments or the cog ornaments...?)

Raukama is an Imperial Knight World, not an Adeptus Mechanicus one.

Also, I forgot to mention, Paragons have white shoulder pads as well as their red-trident helmets. The rims are still sky blue, like the rest of their armour.

Ah, of course. I misunderstood in all my eagerness. So Paragons must be sergeants, lieutenants and captain from First Company, or? I don’t think you’ve mentioned that title before?
My bad. Paragons are warriors in the First Company.

Officers can have 1-2 white shoulder pads, too. Personal choice. But Paragons always do.

Sounds cool; that will break up the sea of blue nicely! So all Sergeants, vet-sergeants, lieutenants and captains (but not librarians, techmarines and apothecaries) can choose to have one or two white shoulder pads (with the standard blue trim) no matter which company they come from? I am not sure if librarians, chaplains, techmarines and apothecaries are considered officers...

I got some work done on my Guilliman count-as tonight. It’s not done yet, but it’s getting there. Maybe one of them should have a white shoulder pad...

FIRBCZn.jpg

I have decided to wait with all the badges, markings and blue knees until I’ve seen some official artwork. And then I will have a long and tearful night of knee painting and shouting at torn decals!

Edited by Rathamanti

Began work on the knight today. I am planning on doing it in Spears-colours, and I am planning on using the excuse A D-B provided. I really want a knight in my favorite chapter’s colours, so I am going to ignore all the "Well, actually..."-types. And the colours of Raukama haven´t been revealed anyway.

I9kbGoo.jpg

Edited by Rathamanti

I took the liberty to update the warhammer40k.wikia.com-entry for the spears. It would be great if somebody would have a look and make changes as fitting and correct my English - and basically make it a fitting entry for a wiki, something I have no experience with. I don´t know how to edit Lexicanum-entries.

Am I correct in writing, that the Spears badge is a trident, not a trident with a skull on it as previously shown on the wiki?

Here it is: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Spears

Edited by Rathamanti

I am calling these guys done for now. I can always return, when I finally get to markings and badges and so on.

cFXyuIU.jpg

7tiXnlp.jpg

SItoTKF.jpg

And I got a shelf at the club... hopefully that’ll mean fewer broken marines!

EXIkIks.jpg

Edited by Rathamanti

I will be both overjoyed for you, and almost spitefully jealous of you, if you get your name into canon for your favourite chosen Chapter Rathamanti. Fingers crossed brother. That's the holy grail and ultimate dream right there!

Thank you! As I wrote, when I read it, I got so much adrenaline, that my hands started shaking :) We are such nerds... It is truly THE dream! And it would be that if it were any BL-author, but this is none other than A D-B - it simply couldn’t be any better (sorry, if I sound like an a**licker, but you know it’s true)! I really hope it works out. Balslev is a rare name and originally the old name of a tiny, tiny, old village in a tiny, tiny country (Denmark), so I don’t think there’s any problem in it, but I almost don’t dare to hope...

You don't sound like that at all - I know what you mean, I truly do :) Nerds, yes, but I for one am proud of it! I wish you the very best brother, and again, fantastic (and inspiring) lot you have going here, keep it up! :)

Man, this count as for Guilliman is very clever ! Moreover it seems to have approximately the same bulk and hight as the actual Guilliman (a compraison pic if possible would be nice).

They make me think of some old school command for "15mm 40k" (forgot the name ><').

They really need squad markings but the painting is really clean and nice !

Thank you, Draakur and Gabocius!

The base is at least correct (60”) and I hope the height is as well. I think it’s ok. One problem is the chapter symbol itself. I thought it was a simple black trident on the blue background, but over on the wiki we fight about it at the moment. Every time I change it to the simple trident somebody changes it to a black trident with a white skull on it. I thought that was some special version of the standard symbol.

What is correct?

It’s slowly coming together... what are people’s opinion on knights in Astartes chapter colours? Are there any other excuses than “it has fought so long with us - let’s repaint it!”

GQrOET7.jpg

Edited by Rathamanti

The marines look good and the Knight looks cool.

Just make sure you keep it distinctive enough that it does not get mistaken for a Knight from House Terryn, as these are predominantly blue as well.

Love the Knights head.... Reminds me of te Uruk-Hai, from LoTR The two towers.

14e1382c56984c69d3b1e740876aad2e--mediev

074277dc0af32b47db619b7328d10223.jpg

http://cdn.staticneo.com/w/lotr/thumb/7/76/Uruk_dg4.jpg/250px-Uruk_dg4.jpg

The marines look good and the Knight looks cool.

Exactly! Or a pig... I thought it was the head with the most personality. Plus, I have a bit of a snub nose as well! I’m glad you like them!

Those are some sweet primaris. I love that count as Primarch. Its very clever and looks great. I can't wait to see them with markings and your take on Ogham.

Thank you! I have no idea about the runes yet, but I think I’ll wait for some official artwork.

EDIT: I think I found the video, A D-B was talking about:

Good job on the Marines, Rathamanti. You're making good progress on the Knight.

Thank you! I hope I’ll finally be able to finish an army for the first time after 20 years in the hobby... Edited by Rathamanti

Well you are pretty much the no2 Emperors spears guy in the world right now, so anything you do is likely to set the benchmark (and might make its way into canon). Itll be a while till there is artwork- why wait? Heres what the alphabet looks like

https://www.google.ie/search?q=ogham&oq=ogh&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j5j0.4009j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=5yr3GSkWSRJxNM:

I reckon the diphthongs on the right are the closest to what ADB described.

Well you are pretty much the no2 Emperors spears guy in the world right now, so anything you do is likely to set the benchmark (and might make its way into canon). Itll be a while till there is artwork- why wait? Heres what the alphabet looks like

https://www.google.ie/search?q=ogham&oq=ogh&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j5j0.4009j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=5yr3GSkWSRJxNM:

I reckon the diphthongs on the right are the closest to what ADB described.

Thanks for the link! It looks cool. I hope I’ll think of a nice solution...

It would be cool, if one of Raukama’s special kinks were to paint some of their knights in the colours of whatever chapter they fought alongside. I wouldn’t mind that becoming canon! I think that would please a lot of players :) Or maybe even have the spears owning their own knights! (Now I’m dreaming, I know.)

Well, I cannot complain about anything. All in all A D-B has created exactly the chapter I wanted (for proof, read my earlier posts in the other spears thread)!

Edited by Rathamanti

So, I started playing with runes, and accidentally called my knight ‘Nom’...

L9HNtvw.jpg

Actually, I think he will be the one called Rathamanti - if I can manage to write it on his chest, that is... I really, really like sofisticated non-parody-marines dressed in a mix of stylish, sleek, imperial lines and iconography mixed with stylised, more ‘raw’ ‘nature-style’ runes! It’s what I always wanted in a official chapter, and what I always have missed when it comes to the Space Wolves.

Edited by Rathamanti

Sakura micron pens are good for fine detailing like writing on models.

I partially agree on the Wolves, which is why my 30K stuff has had a more minimal approach, and why I really like the FW Space Wolves torsos

I just imagine that the 40K Wolves have grown up on legends and all their statues images etc are of the warriors in their finery (sort of heroic poses etc) and over time the 40K wolves have started to mimic what they believe their ancestors would have adorned themselves.

Like they are trying to live up to the heroic images of the past.

Whereas if you read the HH short Wolf at the Door, the 13th Company are explicitly described as dulling the metal of their blades and corners of their armour with charcoal and removing all pelts jewels totems etc, except those between plates (to help deaden the noise of them banging together) which gives a far more professional approach to war-making.

And Nom... So he is a hungry Knight then?

Sakura micron pens are good for fine detailing like writing on models.

Thanks for the tip! I will certainly have to try that! For now I’m mostly using decals.

And it’s good to hear, that not all wolves are suicidal maniacs with cumbersome bling everywhere and no helmet!

KgS55u1.jpg

Decals are looking good :tu:

Where did you source them from?

Sakura's are ace

Examples of what I use them for in spoilers

Hidden Content

35541272632_af3f5b3037_c.jpg20161129_194729 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

35709894695_cfb4d94bc2_c.jpg20161130_205721 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

Blue micron for tattoos, finished with a flesh wash, to kill the shine

FW torsos are awesome.

35564897751_d3a6391419_c.jpg20170305_204207 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

Black micron, let dry, then a wash and tidy up with ushabti bone

34854827984_f2745c30eb_c.jpg20170430_230347 by Danny Taylor, on Flickr

Rune marked out in administratum grey, then micron to outline/shadow it for a 3d effect

Decals are looking good :tu:

Where did you source them from?

Sakura's are ace

Examples of what I use them for in spoilers

Nice! Your stuff looks cool. I really like the banner!

I think the transfer sheet with the runes I have used is from the Dark Imperium starter set.

Tonight I got some games in against my friend and his pointy Dark Eldar.

PCYfotQ.jpg

RvNVnQz.jpg

Edited by Rathamanti