Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

8th Ed Tactics thread

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

zero88

zero88

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
Has anyone tried using the Valkryie grav chute drop to exploit using a primaris with Gaze of the Emperor? With the drop, move, plus advance if necessary, the psyker should be able to be 1.01" from an enemy model, then with our generous amount of CPs we normally have you have decent odds of getting a nice 2D6" range.

Withershadow

Withershadow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,889 posts

Primaris can't ride in a Valkyrie, if that's what you mean.

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,447 posts
I believe he means Primaris Psykers which have the AM keyword so they can.

Tbh Zero88 I've been debating what second power in addition to the +1SV roll to take. I think the -2 leadership modifier is possibly better especially for my purposes as I pair them with Bullgryns, priests and a LC to crack some heads. Slaying 1 model will mean they're doing a leadership test on -3. Although smite is equally as good depending on squad size. I personally find the 2D6" + 4+ too unreliable, plus you need your opponent to line their models in such a way to maximise the benefit.

mertbl

mertbl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 243 posts
Consider dropping the LC for an inquisitor psyker. They have a "terrify" power that is -1 or 2 to ld as well. He has the authority rule to ride in valk as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users