[The Iron Guantlet] Dawn Blades Challenge II

This will be my project log specifically for the Iron Gauntlet. I may start a new log once challenge 2 is done, but I may just rename this thread.

So, as the first content on here, I need ideas. My Shogun needs a bionic arm, and I've waited long enough to get started for real, so I can't order stuff. That means conversion, and here's where I get lost and where I need help.

I have three options immediately available that I can probably make work. Four if you count pretending the Shogun keeps it inside his armor and I go with a regular arm. A fifth option is going to my local bitsmonger and trading for something, but I have no guarantee he'll have what I need.

Option one: cut up the devastator box bionic left arm and try and convert it to a right arm that can hold a sword (has a hand attached to the sword)

devastator bionic Arm

Option two: spare necron arm. xenoheretical but with some greenstuff it should work

necron bionic Arm

Option three: a while back I took (admittedly poor) casts of necron arms. Also xenoheretical but I have more options but they won't turn out as cleanly.

Option four: Scratchbuild! What it says on the tin, completely scratchbuild a bionic arm.

Thoughts?

I'd hit up your bitzmonger first! You never know, he might have something perfect. After that I would definitely try to just use the Devastator arm. I feel like the Necron bits will be too slim for the scale of a space marine. That is, however, just conjecture on my part.

Given I don't have time to get in contact with the bitzman I'm proceeding with the devastator bionic bit. Work on that continues apace.

I purchased today a box of vanguard veterans today and am at a loss at how to assemble three of them. I intend to assemble them as shinsengumi, the chapter's honor guard (equipped with jump packs to accompany their Shogun). They are all equipped with relic power weapons named the Edges of Dawn. The sarge is going to have a modified hand flamer and a relic blade, so he's covered, and a plasma pistol+power sword combo is another base covered, but the remaining three are indeterminate.

My question is, should I expand these 'relic power weapons' to include lightning claws and thunder hammers, given they have power fields, or should they be restricted to power swords, axes, lances, and mauls, given the name?

Progress has been made! I present an equipped Shinsengumi of the Samurai company (no pack yet because they are easier to paint with the back off and he needs a cloak) and a multimelta devastator for my mkiii squad.

I am not yet sure if I will be doing 8th ed or 7th ed point values. I will be consulting Olis on the matter.

The Samurai Shinsengumi:

1st company Shinsengumi WIP

The Multimelta devastator

Mkiii multimelta

Edit: for some reason the multimelta is sideways. You can rotate it by clicking on it and going to the gallery. Will fix this later.
Edited by Captain Lenoch

• 3 weeks later...

So I was working on my 2nd vow and whilst I was making one of my characters (who will also double as a challenge 4 model) when I decided to make one of my alt characters for challenge 4, my master of the forge Ceticus Stormmoon. He's got a forge-hammer, storm shield, and a conversion storm blaster, and light armor. The model itself is as tall as the primaris gravis captain, and Stormmoon is still at regular marine biology. Hence, he is the primaris gravis captain, and when challenge 4 rolls around, the gravis armor will be an upgrade for Stormmoon then.

This is my model idea for the low-armored Stormmoon. Thoughts?

Stormmoon left WIP

Stormmoon front WIP

stormmoon back WIP

EDIT: Added proper images. Anyone know how to delete bad pics from a gallery?
Edited by Captain Lenoch