What if - We dont see more loyalist Primarchs?

SickSix

So when Magnus was coming I figured he would be paired with a loyal brother. The Lion was literally right there... Fenris was practically broken in half and the 13th Great Company had come back. Russ, how much louder of a wake up call do you need? Hello Mr. Johnson, there is a demon incursion on the rock and a hairy Space Wold is upstaging your Grand Master on your own ship/home rock. Not not mention your demon Brother is planet side wrecking a legion home world.

Nope, only Magnus came to party. Okay...

BL invades Ultramar and we get G-man. G-man tries to go to terra but has to go through Magnus. Glory to G-man! (Even though SoS saved his butt)

Now we know the Death Guard are coming, with Mortarian! Hooray!

Oh what possible new warzone will we get? Who could be the loyalist primarch to counter him?

We're going back to Ultramar, and Morty is fighting G-man? Hooray......

How original. So I am taking the pessimistic side of this. What if G-Man is all the good get and he ends up fighting all his Demon Brothers Solo? Sounds ridiculous right? I hope so.

But going right back to Ultramar and G-man getting the glory again against the Second demon primarch to return is a let down. And we know Morty is going to lose. Just like Magnus didn't finish Fenris but 'achieved a greater gain', Morty isn't going to beat the Marty Stu on his home turf.

Sorry but I feel warzone Ultramar is lazy and predictable. I am more than happy to be proven wrong. But I feel we have seen GW waste two perfect opportunities to bring back two other Primarchs, and am worried things may continue that way. And with rumors of a very dead Primarch returning after seeing perfect chances for the Lion (we know he's alive) and Russ (pretty sure he is alive, but with more hair) go unused... My hopes are not high.

Is it just that G-man was the safe bet? Will his sales determine if we see more of his loyal Brothers?

(And lastly I feel sorry for all the IW fans cause you know we are never seeing Perturabo.)

For the Loyalists, it's either all or nothing for me. Just bringing Guilliman back to single handedly save everybody is a bit of a "screw you" to every other Legion/Chapter. I believe we will see the others though. GW would be crazy not to bring them out.

For the Traitors, I'm completely happy to see any and/or all of them return. Unlike many of the Loyalists, there are perfectly good reasons for them to return fluff-wise.

Black Cohort's got it though - Primarchs sell. They're not going to stop now.

Well I do as well(truly feel they're going to sell us a bunch of Primarchs) But my mind went off on this tangent and I got worried that it could actually happen.

Like seriously why is Mortarian fighting G-Man? Why not Khan? They had an awesome fight on Prospero.

In the interest of brevity, directly answering the question posed in the topic title:

"What if - We dont see more loyalist Primarchs?"

I'm completely fine with that. If all we saw were the daemon primarchs versus Roboute Guilliman, I would be satisfied. The only other remaining loyalist primarch that I'd like to see return would be Lion El'Jonson, and that only because the lore provides us with a certainty that he still lives. All of the others, though missing under mysterious circumstances, could stay gone for ten more years until GW needs to advance the setting again (as far as I'm concerned).

Just my opinion.:sleep:

Im so sick of people getting their opinions from leaks and who havent or might not ever read the new books. Also this attitude that everything.. All the new lore and how everything works in exact details needs to all come out in a 6 month or less period.. Give the rest of us a chance to paint our new models and read the actual novels... Then you can read our summaries and cry like youre owed something. Edited by Havokas

Im so sick of people getting their opinions from leaks and who havent or might not ever read the new books. Also this attitude that everything.. All the new lore and how everything works in exact details needs to all come out in a 6 month or less period.. Give the rest of us a chance to paint our new models and read the actual novels... Then you can read our summaries and cry like youre owed something.

Sorry, but if people actually have to buy the product before being allowed to express doubt or critcism then doing so becomes redundant: you've already given GW money, whether you like it or not is immaterial. Sales speak.

You don't have to watch a film to have a reasonable idea as to whether you'll enjoy it or not; plot summaries, trailers, experience with previous films if it's part of a series, reviews. All these things can help inform the likelihood that you'll enjoy a movie. Point in case I didn't go see Pirates of the Caribbean 4 in the cinema becuase of all those things. Watched it a couple of years later as a friend had it on DVD, it was just as poor as I'd thought it would be; should've stuck with the original judgement and never bothered, but at least I didn't contribute any money towards it.

With new 40k stuff, a lot of the plot details that have come out are pretty substantial changes and people who haven't liked the direction or execution of recent campaign books are justifiably sceptical as to whether it's a good thing for a universe/setting they've invested a lot of time and money in over the years.

Understandably they want to discuss their misgivings and fears before handing over any money that might encourage GW to continue with something these customers don't like; there's no imperative that they can only say positive things until release. This place is actually fairly positive compared to other corners of the web and I'd hate for it to turn into a pro-GW echo-chamber. 

Thank you, Sock.

Well we keep believing this is a *new* GW but they have been more than happy to not take our money before.

I mean I thought things were going great until this Primaris fiasco.

My train of thought was that GW is going to start streamlining their model range, for max profit. The change to Primaris could drastically streamline the massively bloated Marine line. They could even merge the Eldar lines into one. And keeping only G-man would lessen expectations of fleshing out the other 9 loyalist Legion amries into a new 30k. I mean for every loyalist Primarch to return wouldn't we also expect corresponding upgrade kits at a minimum if not legion specific units?

But why would GW want to cut their "standard" Space Marines line? 

Take for example. The company sells 5000* copies of product A (Space Marines), 2000 copies of product B (Eldar) 1000 copies of product C (Orks). 

Company then introduces product D (Primaris Space Marines), complementary to product A. Company sells 3000 copies od product D, but unfortunately, sales of product A drops to 2000 copies.

Why would then they cut the line of product A? Altought it isn't anymore the top seller, it's still sells as good as product B. 

Even if introduction of Primaris gonna cause drop of the sales of the "classic" Space Marines kits, then so what? Standard Adeptus Astartes will no longer be the best seller, but they almost certainly will be selling so well that GW would stille produce them.

Of course, if non-Primaris drop to the sells of Bretonnians, then their line will be squatted. But I seriously doubt that will ever happen. 

*all numbers taken strictly from the depths of Cicatrix Maledictum. 

On topic: But of course we will see more loyalist and chaos Primarchs. And probably primarchs of Second and Eleventh Legions as well. 

Not going to get into that rabbit hole in this thread.

We will never see models for the missing Primarchs. We may find out more details of what happened to them in 29k but we won't see models. One is dead anyways.

GW is a business, Pimarchs sell.  Therefore Primarchs will be made.  I wouldn't be shocked if GW finds a way to bring all 20 18 back.

ahem, 19

speaking of which, sad panda has already said we'll see a non-FW primarch on team imperium

that doesn't mean it's an existing loyalist though, so make of that what you will

It would stop 40K from reaching the ugly, premature death it's currently and heedlessly barreling towards. That'd be awesome.

Edited by Lexington

Now that Guilliman's in the mix, I'd be surprised not to see a couple more loyalist Primarchs, even if it's just to see if they sell as well. From looking around the usual spots on the web there have been a lot of plastic G-men on show. However, should extras show up I'd also be surprised if they were given anywhere near Bobby Gs story prominence.

GW is a business, Pimarchs sell.  Therefore Primarchs will be made.  I wouldn't be shocked if GW finds a way to bring all 20 18 back.

ahem, 19

speaking of which, sad panda has already said we'll see a non-FW primarch on team imperium

that doesn't mean it's an existing loyalist though, so make of that what you will

I would take that to mean a Primarch FW don't currently have a model for, which gives quite a few options.

Edited by sockwithaticket

The hate towards RG and the ultramarines would fester and spread until it gets so bad they will probably have to kill him off.

But the impresion i got from Dark Imperium is that the SW and DA will get the main role in the fallowing plot progressions and they will act as a major counter balance to RG.

Edited by Demigod

In the interest of brevity, directly answering the question posed in the topic title:

"What if - We dont see more loyalist Primarchs?"

I'm completely fine with that. If all we saw were the daemon primarchs versus Roboute Guilliman, I would be satisfied. The only other remaining loyalist primarch that I'd like to see return would be Lion El'Jonson, and that only because the lore provides us with a certainty that he still lives. All of the others, though missing under mysterious circumstances, could stay gone for ten more years until GW needs to advance the setting again (as far as I'm concerned).

Just my opinion.:sleep:

And because Lion won't be playing ball with Guilliman the way any other Loyalist Primarch would... Would be interesting to see two opposite forces fighting for the same side...

The hate towards RG and the ultramarines would fester and spread until it gets so bad they will probably have to kill him off.

But the impresion i got from Dark Imperium is that the SW and DA will get the main role in the fallowing plot progressions and they will act as a major counter balance to RG.

Well, didn't we have half a year of Wulfen and Space Wolves with the Fenris campaign. Aren't it a bit enough for the Wolves (at least for now)?

DA on the other hand - especially if the Lion will return (and he will, probably) would be something fresh.

Doesn't the story in the new novel Dark Imperium finish 160 yrs after this new Crusade ? Surely if they were coming they'd be back by that time. However I personally feel that they will be drip fed to us, maybe 1 or 2 a year, this drags out the story while keeping collectors fresh with new purchases. Put it this way if GW released all the Primarchs in say 1 to 2 years, where then does the cash cow come from ?, it would be a bit like killing the golden goose.

Doesn't the story in the new novel Dark Imperium finish 160 yrs after this new Crusade ? Surely if they were coming they'd be back by that time. However I personally feel that they will be drip fed to us, maybe 1 or 2 a year, this drags out the story while keeping collectors fresh with new purchases. Put it this way if GW released all the Primarchs in say 1 to 2 years, where then does the cash cow come from ?, it would be a bit like killing the golden goose.

Who's too say they haven't and we just haven't heard about them yet. The galaxy has been quite literally split in two afterall... 

I needn't worry anyway, Hastings posted on Atia's blog that Russ is next, so you can get bet your ass they'll be more loyalists. 

Who's too say they haven't and we just haven't heard about them yet. The galaxy has been quite literally split in two afterall... 

I needn't worry anyway, Hastings posted on Atia's blog that Russ is next, so you can get bet your ass they'll be more loyalists. 

Maybe for 30k...