HH Book 46: Ruinstorm

Now that we've seen September's coming soon, shall we assume this is coming in October? Would follow the 2 month pattern

http://i.imgur.com/x4QVwHl.jpg

As Imperium Secundus fails, three primarchs journey into the Ruinstorm in the hope of making it back to Terra.

Imperium Secundus lies revealed as a heretical folly. Terra has not fallen, though it remains inaccessible. Sanguinius, Guilliman and the Lion El’Johnson, the primarchs of the Triumvirate, must reach Terra at all costs. They seek to defend the Emperor, and to atone for their sins. But the Ruinstorm, a galaxy-wide maelstrom of chaos, hides the Throneworld from the primarchs. Now the fleets of three Legions depart Macragge, and the primarchs will stop at nothing to overcome the Ruinstorm. Yet an insidious enemy watches their every move, and plots against the weaknesses of the errant sons of the Emperor. Each has his own inner storm, and each marches towards his own ruin

Over on News & Rumours, A D-B tells us

When we decided on what the Ultramarines will do at the end of the Ruinstorm, like, five years ago, it was the only time I've ever got chills in an HH meeting.

I think this'll be a good'un.

and then beautifully rips some guy for a humble opinion :biggrin.:

Also, from BL Live 2016

Laurie: “Now that Imperium Secundus has been proven to be a folly, Sanguinius, Guilliman and the Lion are trying to find a path through the storms to Terra. Curze is also involved, but not his Legion.”

Edited by hopkins

That would seem to follow the pattern!

Cue grumbling that BL has become predictable..... thankfully I've discovered the ignore function.

I'm looking forward to this one - currently reading the Calth arc with a view to leading into Imperium Secundus, hopefully should be out just as I reach the it!

Loved Angel's of Caliban and the whole IS storyline.

This is a pivotal moment in the Heresy and after ADB's tease I'm now super excited.

Glad for you.

'Over on News & Rumours, A D-B tells us ....

and then beautifully rips some guy for a humble opinion :biggrin.:' - not even close :wink:

'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark ...' - we all have our humble opinion.

That's called free will :wink:

This is a pivotal moment in the Heresy and after ADB's tease I'm now super excited.

Glad for you.

and then beautifully rips some guy for a humble opinion :biggrin.:' - not even close :wink:

'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark ...' - we all have our humble opinion.

One can have a humble, personal opinion and not try and jam it down everyones gullet as if it were the word of the Emperor, which is what I believe Aaron, amongst others, took issue with.

Quite curious about the book. I was never that wild about the IS plotline, certainly didn't mind it and it is an interesting concept, just not the part of the heresy I care about. Maybe the Blood Angels legion will get some more exposition in it. Certainly interested to see how everything wraps up.

Glad for you.

One can have a humble, personal opinion and not try and jam it down everyones gullet as if it were the word of the Emperor, which is what I believe Aaron, amongst others, took issue with.

Quite curious about the book. I was never that wild about the IS plotline, certainly didn't mind it and it is an interesting concept, just not the part of the heresy I care about. Maybe the Blood Angels legion will get some more exposition in it. Certainly interested to see how everything wraps up.

I guess he is doing what he does best :)

Meh !!! like some of this authors work but really tired of IS and most of the 30k stuff . Keep at HeritorA even though it can be tedious at times but also some of the absolute fanboyism can be too.

Thanks for small appreciation. I do now think that it's probably the issue that i'm not a native speaker that some of my 'comments' are taken as rage or bleak view. Or trying to be the Emperor with the royal decrees.

I simply tell what seems the truth for a person with dark humor and pessimistic  view on the world.

And yes sometimes I could be harsh - but I do always try to show the truth (even through I do see now that sometimes I can go overboard with my righteous. For that - I'm sincerely sorry)

I really want a MASSIVE space battle here tbh. Maybe the Dark Angel and Ultramarine Fleets covering the Blood Angels as they get to the super secret warp gate thingy or something.

Dark Angels and Blood Angles will probably handle a bulk of the heavy ship to ship combat. The Dark Angels have a Gloriana Class Battleship and they should do a bulk of the straight up fighting. They probably like engaging the enemy fleets in close combat and exchanging massive broadsides with their battleships.

Ultramarines don't follow the philosophy of using large numbers of dreadnoughts or Battleship-class ships. They usually have a few heavy craft like Battle Barges backed up by large numbers of smaller Strike Cruisers/Hunter Destroyers/Gladius Frigates. That's how they took down Lorgar's Gloriana-class flagship in Betrayar. Drowned it in swarms of smaller ships.

Edited by Caius Tadius

Fingers crossed that we'll see Madail make a grand entrance here.

Wasn't Madail in the Damnation of Pythos? Have heard that Samus was 'Daemon Lord of the Ruinstorm', so I expect to see him yet again. Getting a little tired of the same few daemons getting all the screen time. Chaos has more to offer than Ka'Bandha, the two headed Lord of Change whose name escapes me, and Samus. I want to see some Nurglite Greater Daemons come tear it up.

Samus, however, is the logical choice here. They are going to trespass in his domain and whatnot. If so, I'm curious to see his power progression - he has steadily been rising in power as the series went on, with his beginning in Horus Rising being relatively weak enough that no special weaponry was required to destroy him, to Know No Fear, where he quite literally stomped Astartes until a special blade ended him. His power level while inside the Ruinstorm will be something fierce - I expect that not even a single primarch (barring the Lord of Angels doing his floaty glowy thingy) will be enough to stop him there.

Wonder what kind of shenanigans the Lion's going to do. Bets? Release Curze? Backstab Guillimen? Takers? Look at the ominous shadow on his face. Is it because he forgot to shave or... something more sinister?

Wonder what kind of shenanigans the Lion's going to do. Bets? Release Curze? Backstab Guillimen? Takers? Look at the ominous shadow on his face. Is it because he forgot to shave or... something more sinister?

The lion turned into a neckbeard and will be raging about how this violates RAW before flipping the table.

Fingers crossed that we'll see Madail make a grand entrance here.

This please... I really did enjoy The Damnation of Pythos and it's 2 prequel shorts. Repeat listens have only re-enforced that feeling and even though it was quite stand alone as regards to the greater view of the Heresy i think that isolation only heightened the suspense, futility and horror as the story unfolded. To be in the shoes of poor Jerune as the novel ends, scary times indeed. Keeping everything crossed for a tie into those events!

The more I look at it, the more I believe that it's ugliest BL cover...like ever

It's really quite strange to look at... the more i look the more it feels wrong in terms of the facial features, colours and composition etc... I do not know what kind of digital process that Roberts uses but it's quite similar to the look and feel of Angels of Caliban. The issue could be that the original illustration is a huge landscape set piece designed to show how "small" the Primarchs really are when set against the forces of Chaos etc... when cropping that to fit the cover of a novel the result is what we have shown above.

I really want a MASSIVE space battle here tbh.

with which traitor legion though?

it's an open canvas, so anyhting goes really

Perhaps whatever is left of the Word Bearers and the World Eaters?

It could explain what happened to the Trisaigon. The last Abyss-class ship unaccounted for. (The Blessed Lady was presumed to be the wreck the Salamanders saw in Deathfire so thats dead. And the Furious Abyss was destroyed thanks to Cestus and his band of misfits).

I really want a MASSIVE space battle here tbh. Maybe the Dark Angel and Ultramarine Fleets covering the Blood Angels as they get to the super secret warp gate thingy or something.

Dark Angels and Blood Angles will probably handle a bulk of the heavy ship to ship combat. The Dark Angels have a Gloriana Class Battleship and they should do a bulk of the straight up fighting. They probably like engaging the enemy fleets in close combat and exchanging massive broadsides with their battleships.

Ultramarines don't follow the philosophy of using large numbers of dreadnoughts or Battleship-class ships. They usually have a few heavy craft like Battle Barges backed up by large numbers of smaller Strike Cruisers/Hunter Destroyers/Gladius Frigates. That's how they took down Lorgar's Gloriana-class flagship in Betrayar. Drowned it in swarms of smaller ships.

Nope - I will quote Annandale for you:

Replying to @HeritorA

Full-on giant fleet vs giant fleet, no. Not the mission of this story. Ship battles, yes, more than one, but not the main point of the story.

I'm totally with you on space battles Caius Tadius

but sadly GW focused on tabletop armies on the ground, that;s why space and void warfare always went as a secondary addition

Not sure on the cover, it has a distinctive vibe going but not sure if its anything I will understand until I read the novel.

In regards to the enemies I really think it could be Word bearers and World eaters for were they not cast adrift in the last short story? With Konrad being there prisoner as well, I would imagine that there maybe some night hunters about.

I'm glad its not the main point of the story big space battles can be a chore to read through if not done right.

Overall I'm pretty excited for this.

It'll be fun to see what sort of unexpected matchups occur in this.

I don't think anyone ever really envisioned the Dark Angels vs Night Lords going at it, or White Scars vs Death Guard, but that has been the fun of the HH series so far. Especially the Primarch showdowns.

The "Title Fight" type fight of Blood Angels vs World Eaters will probably be saved for Terra, just like Imperial Fists vs Iron Warriors will (hopefully) be one of the awesomest moments of the siege.

Blood Angels:

• I think it would be interesting to see Blood Angels vs Death Guard: the former renowned for close-combat and melee warfare having to punch it out with the force renowned for boarding actions. That could be a cool contrast.
  • On the opposite end of the spectrum, Blood Angels vs Emperor's Children would be interesting, pitting the "+1 Initiative"  forces against each other. Aka battle of the best looking*
  • And then there's BA vs Iron Warriors. Because that's probably the least thought-of matchup....which is why it would be interesting.

Hidden Content

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/anchorman-hairorface.gif?w=650

Dark Angels:

• Dark Angels vs Emperor's Children?  Dour dark robes and discipline vs eccentricity and hedonism? Hmmmm.
  • DA vs Sons of Horus: that would be cool. "We're the first and best!" "yea, but we're the First and the best!" "Nah-uh!" "Yea-sa!" "Nah-uh!" "i'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening...."
  • Actually, now that I think about it, we've really only seen the DA fight the NL, so I guess it's open season almost as much as it is for the BA.

Ultramarines:

• Ultramarines vs Sons of Horus: same thing as above, just different coat of paint.
  • UM have been in so many stories that it's kind of hard to find someone they haven't fought against or with to compare-and-contrast.
  • I imagine we'll see more UM vs Word Bearers, which, despite having been shown quite a bit, makes sense since Lorgar could go out of his way to delay the UM, thus presenting a bland-but-effective reason why the UM did not make it to Terra

Things I don't think we'll see:

Edited by Indefragable

And according to Lexicanum (not that that's a definitive source) Perturabo was not at the SoT. Hmmmm.

Lexicanum has Perturabo listed as being present at the Siege, and it wouldn't make sense for him not to be there - it's the whole reason he is important to Horus. No Night Lords in this book other than Curze apparently, either. Already seen smurfs vs SoH in VS.

Dark Angels vs Sons of Horus would be pretty cool though, as would Emperor's Children vs. Blood Angels, if I was able to select on a whim.

Edited by Marshal Loss

And according to Lexicanum (not that that's a definitive source) Perturabo was not at the SoT. Hmmmm.

Lexicanum has Perturabo listed as being present at the Siege, and it wouldn't make sense for him not to be there - it's the whole reason he is important to Horus. No Night Lords in this book other than Curze apparently, either. Already seen smurfs vs SoH in VS.

Dark Angels vs Sons of Horus would be pretty cool though, as would Emperor's Children vs. Blood Angels, if I was able to select on a whim.

Good catch. Not sure how I didn't Perturabo's name in there.