HH Book 46: Ruinstorm

Tuchulcha is a Deus Ex Machina device that, yes, finds its origins in the Lion's efforts to win the Thramas Crusade, but was first and foremost created to serve Thorpe's M41 storyline in The Unforgiven:

It exists to facilitate the paradoxical time-space manipulation that results in Azrael scattering the Fallen from Caliban ten thousand years earlier.

Thorpe, Abnett, Kyme, Haley, and whoever else wrote stories of the Dark Angels set in Imperium Secundus, conveniently ignored the fact that Tuchulcha was able to bypass the Ruinstorm and thus made the premise of that storyline ("we must assume the Emperor is dead") unnecessary. Sure, the Lion could hand off Tuchulcha to Sanguinius, which would require an individual whose penchant for secrecy amounts to shooting himself in the foot to admit to his brother(s) that he's been in possession of a sanctioned warp artifact. Him doing so and then somehow subsequently recovering it after the Siege of Terra will probably be no more ham-fisted than what I suspect will actually happen: Tuchulcha will suddenly not work as advertised because of [hand-waving].

Edited by Phoebus

Tuchulcha is a Deus Ex Machina device that, yes, finds its origins in the Lion's efforts to win the Thramas Crusade, but was first and foremost created to serve Thorpe's M41 storyline in The Unforgiven:

It exists to facilitate the paradoxical time-space manipulation that results in Azrael scattering the Fallen from Caliban ten thousand years earlier.

Thorpe, Abnett, Kyme, Haley, and whoever wrote shorts of one sort or another of the Dark Angels in Imperium Secundus, conveniently ignored the fact that Tuchulcha was able to bypass the Ruinstorm and thus made the premise of that storyline ("we must assume the Emperor is dead") unnecessary. Sure, the Lion could hand off Tuchulcha to Sanguinius, which would require an individual whose penchant for secrecy amounts to shooting himself in the foot to admit to his brother(s) that he's been in possession of a sanctioned warp artifact. Him doing so and then somehow subsequently recovering it after the Siege of Terra will probably be no more ham-fisted than what I suspect will actually happen: Tuchulcha will suddenly not work as advertised because of [hand-waving].

That's exactly the case - why Lion will give Tuchulka to Sanguinius - 'exactly' cause 'Him doing so and then somehow subsequently recovering it after the Siege of Terra will probably be no more ham-fisted'

Which will give BL ability to create more books - Lion search for Tuchulka. DA search for Lion searhing for Tuchulka. Etc. and yada yada.

Their business model  is exactly the case of how to produce more books from thin air. They are business and that;s why Lion will giev Tuchulka to Sanguinius. And subsequent books for it's search would be made. Anyway we will know for sure on October 14th.

Edited by HeritorA

No, it hints that the Lion is off somewhere else. Meaning we can make a guess that he's using it to go where he wants. Maybe he's gone to Caliban. I know it's probably not in the timeline but he is super secret.

Also. How exactly do you "give" an alien artefact to another fleet when it's not exactly bound to anyone in particular?

It's important to remember that HeritorA is a time traveller from the future where he has already been "pre-disappointed" about the release of various novels and he likes to come and tell us about it :p

Doesn't the Lion end up heading for Terra with Russ? Maybe this novel will bridge that gap for us

I would absolutely love that.

Something something Russ* tries to take on Horus something something Lion diverts to rescue reinforce him something something?

* Wolf Cull or something that people keep say is coming out

No, it hints that the Lion is off somewhere else. Meaning we can make a guess that he's using it to go where he wants. Maybe he's gone to Caliban. I know it's probably not in the timeline but he is super secret.

Also. How exactly do you "give" an alien artefact to another fleet when it's not exactly bound to anyone in particular?

It's important to remember that HeritorA is a time traveller from the future where he has already been "pre-disappointed" about the release of various novels and he likes to come and tell us about it :tongue.:

Well - I could be wrong, but due to the greed of HH timeline and some cough editors/authors that's exactly what will happen. Logic - I would only be glad if I'm wrong.

Doesn't the Lion end up heading for Terra with Russ? Maybe this novel will bridge that gap for us

Hope it will - Lion will separate himself from Guilli and will find leftovers of Russ forces afterYarant on the way.

I would absolutely love that.

Something something Russ* tries to take on Horus something something Lion diverts to rescue reinforce him something something?

* Wolf Cull or something that people keep say is coming out

Nope. Wolf Cull is the event - then Russ attacked Horus and was beaten to the state in which he was found by Corax at Yarant. Different timeline

• 4 weeks later...

Neil Roberts is hit or miss...usually miss IMO

Was the Lion Sword broken in AoC?

“Curze was still within reach. One strike would be all it took to sever his head properly. Perhaps sensing the Lion’s thoughts, Guilliman moved. His attention focused on the Night Haunter, the Lion did not react until the Lion Sword was already in the fist of the other primarch.

He turned, thinking to take back his weapon, but was frozen by the look of cold rage in Guilliman’s eyes. Jaw twitching, the primarch of the Ultramarines took the Lion’s blade in both hands and brought it down sharply across his knee.

The Lion watched the blade split along the fuller, breaking into two shards that glittered in artificial sunlight as they toppled from Guilliman’s spreading fingers. They fell into the white sand at the Lion’s feet.

‘Your sword for your oath,’ Guilliman growled, teeth gritted. ‘Such has become your honour, knight of Caliban.”

Excerpt From

Angels of Caliban

Gav Thorpe

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/angels-of-caliban/id1122414375?mt=11

This material may be protected by copyright.

from the man himself on twitter

It’s a direct follow to Angels of Caliban, so that might be the most crucial. There are links to Pythos, though

Boom!! That is awesome to hear re links to Pythos!

Some people on FB are already reading this.

I'm still seeing this as "coming soon" on the Black Library page, tho...

My hype is strong. 

I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!

PS: Artwork from the digital edition, found on Facebook.

22310536_10213994528194495_8995751267856

Edited by The_Bloody

And yet another author gets to have a go at Curze.

He's actually a Bond Villain now isn't he? (In my opinion of course!)

I like the Art though it's a nice piece, I just want more of the Night Lords I give a monkeys about if any more is done on them at all. I'd rather they be left alone now to be completely honest.

I like the Art though it's a nice piece, I just want more of the Night Lords I give a monkeys about if any more is done on them at all. I'd rather they be left alone now to be completely honest.

I mean, following on from the story that it does, Curze was obviously gonna be in it to some extent...

I mean, following on from the story that it does, Curze was obviously gonna be in it to some extent...
Sevatar and a chunk of Atramentar have done a square nothing bar a quick short story since the end of Prince of Crows and they're in the exact same place Curze is. They're just sitting there and taking it. And it seems we aren't getting any more of Sev this Heresy unless someone else is writing him.