After Badab. Mechanicus inq28 finished

binary

Good job binary, keep it up! :smile.: Looking forward to seeing how those assault cannons turn out. :cool.:

Then you're going to love this post then Bob.....

I did! :biggrin.: Excellent job on the assault cannons, well done. Good way to hide the switch too. ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

Truly incredible stuff. I thought the glamour shots were my favorite.

Then I saw the motorized assault cannons.

Also, enjoy Dubai!

Thanks man, you should really like the finished product now then!

And Dubai....what a way to spend your 40th.....simply amazing...

Good job binary, keep it up! :smile.: Looking forward to seeing how those assault cannons turn out. :cool.:

Then you're going to love this post then Bob.....

I did! :biggrin.: Excellent job on the assault cannons, well done. Good way to hide the switch too. :wink:

Thanks Bob, now get working on that power sword, I need more ideas to steal....:whistling: 

That land raider is a work of twisted genius.

well I try...

I thought lighting a auspex was ridiculous.

And then you only go and motorise assault cannons.

Is there an emoticon for "mightily impressed and simultaneously jealous"?

thanks

This thread is soooooo full of win. Colour me mightily impressed by you vision and execution. Keep it up!

I plan too, final plan is 136 marines of 4th company (plus transports and dreadnoughts) and at least 10 terminators from 1st company

you have done sooo, much great work here . Awe inspiring!!!!

thank you :blush.: 

Hot damn this thread is just so pretty :biggrin.:

Well I aim to please....

8JqM99k.jpg

And now the holiday is over and i'm firmly into my fourth decade I decided to knuckle down and complete some more of the 4th company.  See.  Bet you thought I'd forgotten.....

First up is the company's centrepiece, the Land Raider Crusader "Excalibur" Gifted to 4th Company by Captain Fischig of the 1st after the defence of Sangrael when the 4th company were instrumental in the evacuation of members of the 1st, and the recovery of several badly damaged Land Raiders.

FV1EraM.jpg

7AnWYOj.jpg

F64uI7y.jpg

mIqVNUd.jpg

7Ix1alV.gif

Then we have 3rd Tactical squad, led by Sergeant Caradot.  Squad Caradot as used as a mini devastator squad, as their Multimelta "Rhongiant" (meaning 'giant slayer'), when combined with the unerring aim of Brother Tristal, has been the bane of many enemy vehicles. As they normally deploy by drop pod, Squad Caradot can usually be found causing havoc to the enemies defences

glaw9fZ.jpg

IkuBjmp.jpg

8Ory2xv.jpg

skFUe2q.jpg

I've also built 2 other members of the command echelon of the 4th.

Firstly, Ancient Pelias, Bearer of the company standard. Built using bits from the sternguard, assault squad and command squad boxes.

Still need to finalise the look of the banner yet.

lTgdwfx.jpg

Secondly, Veteran Brother Kehadin, fifth of his name, Company Champion

atabJOL.jpg

kUvgpvM.jpg

ZyL6zvF.jpg

as usual, all C&C welcome! 

The Land Raider Crusader is well-painted, but why put that Spartan Assault Tank-style hood over the hull-mounted twin heavy bolters? That restricts the heavy bolters' elevation, preventing the weapons from shooting enemies in from elevated positions- rooftops, hills, watchtowers...

Looking very well, always nice to see more on them on display.

Thanks mate. Managed to get them to GW for armies on parade and got my third Silver (though the army that won was a gorgeous flame painted Khorne CSM/daemon army)

The Land Raider Crusader is well-painted, but why put that Spartan Assault Tank-style hood over the hull-mounted twin heavy bolters? That restricts the heavy bolters' elevation, preventing the weapons from shooting enemies in from elevated positions- rooftops, hills, watchtowers...

I wanted it to look different, more like a proteus hull had been converted to a crusader, kind of a mid ground between the land raider and the spartan

8JqM99k.jpg

Armies on parade was this weekend and I took the opportunity to show off the 4th company as it currently stands. The board is what all the “glamour shots” have been taken on and was actually built for my truescale world eaters back in 2015

xalyDHt.jpg

Vi9iIA8.jpg

GrUWR96.jpg

pfgeexK.jpg

JBlAX3y.jpg

xcukGc4.jpg

hIX4u1C.jpg

I also finished the company champion

Aa8SahG.jpg

nsbzu2Y.jpg

G75ViaP.jpg

-binary

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent work on the Champion.

Thanks as usual Bjorn

Quick update as due to personal circumstances hobby time has been a bit limited.  

2 weeks ago today my mum passed away quite suddenly due to complications from lung cancer.  She'd only been diagnosed 7 weeks before so my world is still a bit all over the place.  Thankfully building these guys gives me a distraction so I can get my head straight and concentrate on looking out for my dad and my brother as I live over 100 miles from them.  It does mean that updates will be a bit hit and miss for a while, but it's also the sense of community I get from the board and all you guys that is helping too.

8JqM99k.jpg

5th Tactical are built

QOZDSg0.jpg

8KfOI3C.jpg

c8jHAjj.jpg

UrwMSk6.jpg

Ive also built another of the shield bearers

hDKSW7Q.jpg

byeYBMG.jpg

The terminator sergeant (yes I'm aware that TH+SS isn't legal for Cataphractii, but I prefer the heavier look, so will be running cataphractii using Indominatus rules)

ZRHyYZl.jpg

TGvgMIZ.jpg

The Company's assigned techmarine

B7ceoRQ.jpg

KKvACjp.jpg

and 2nd squads Rhino

t4YNzlC.jpg

As usual the glow is because the LED is mounted inside a white resin helmet and will be muuuuuch less once they're painted.

more to follow as I have started painting, but no photo's of that yet......

You never fail to impress me with the amount of effort you put in your works. Cutting out a vehicle's opaque headlights, making molds of those headlights so you can make transparent ones, installing a battery and wiring up the lights, painting... I'm getting tired just thinking about it. (Excuse me while I pray to the Emperor for protection from Nurgle.)

First and most importantly, deepest condolances and sympathy for your loss. My dad died suddenly when I was in my 20s, and while I do not know what you're going through, I have a frame of reference for how complicated and painful it must be.

As for your models, I've really enjoyed your posts and progress. I don't have the skills or knowledge for wiring LEDs, which is fine. The motorized gun barrels are astonishing, and now I realize I'm going to have to step up my own Griffons game. (Because I'm inspired, not because it's a competition.) I'll get on that once I figure out where my jaw landed.

My condolences, that is always a rough time in anyones life. If you ever feel you need to chat or vent drop me a message. I went through something very similiar with my own mothers passing.

The models are looking very well though. Glad to see your company grow.

• 2 weeks later...

You never fail to impress me with the amount of effort you put in your works. Cutting out a vehicle's opaque headlights, making molds of those headlights so you can make transparent ones, installing a battery and wiring up the lights, painting... I'm getting tired just thinking about it. (Excuse me while I pray to the Emperor for protection from Nurgle.)

Thanks as always Bjorn...wait til you see what's up next....

First and most importantly, deepest condolances and sympathy for your loss. My dad died suddenly when I was in my 20s, and while I do not know what you're going through, I have a frame of reference for how complicated and painful it must be.

As for your models, I've really enjoyed your posts and progress. I don't have the skills or knowledge for wiring LEDs, which is fine. The motorized gun barrels are astonishing, and now I realize I'm going to have to step up my own Griffons game. (Because I'm inspired, not because it's a competition.) I'll get on that once I figure out where my jaw landed.

Hahaha, thanks Calyptra, and you're right, this isn't a competition.  I get inspired for everything I do from the wonderful community here, and if my stuff inspires someone like you to try something new or different then I'm humbled to be part of that.

My condolences, that is always a rough time in anyones life. If you ever feel you need to chat or vent drop me a message. I went through something very similiar with my own mothers passing.

The models are looking very well though. Glad to see your company grow.

Thanks Thousand Eyes.  Nearly at a Demi-company now.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the messages and support I've had. As I said in my previous post, the support form you guys is helping me to put things back together.

8JqM99k.jpg

Bit of a build update as While I'm paining the tactical squad, I want to leave the reveal until they're finished.  So over the last few days I've built the first members of 8th Assault squad.

In the 4th company, 8th squad are fielded as a full bike squad so I've built one member to prove that the idea I had worked, and when I did I went overboard and built the squad's attack bike!

To get the headlight on the bike to light up I have created a resin copy of the ravenwing knights front fairing, and in the process managed to discover a much neater and tidier way of installing the LED in both it and the helmets.  It's possible to insert the LED into the mould before the resin is added, meaning I don't need to drill and dremmel the inside out to allow the LED to fit.

Bike and attack bike

J6Q5rkR.jpg

Bike

Y2WSTrb.jpg

40w0p6W.jpg

IQ7ZnDX.jpg

Attack Bike

4cEBld9.jpg

QjVJInI.jpg

wdNBbor.jpg

More updates soon

It has been extended by 6mm, and if the turret wasn’t glued in place to keep the cables intact it would rotate 360.

Boy that was a pain in the butt to build....

My condolences. (Pats binary's back.) At least the model looks cool, and certainly more practical than many of Games Workshop's own models.

8JqM99k.jpg

small update this time.  Managed to get fifth Tactical finished

BVydSEa.jpg

AYlKGnX.jpg

individual shots

2LPpjEK.jpg

5Uw3YdV.jpg

OlvKDBV.jpg

PXppTn0.jpg

z4quEdI.jpg

VDrRz5X.jpg

OBplzR1.jpg

SD82PaZ.jpg

TwEzdDB.jpg

l573dtS.jpg

hopefully another update on the bikers and techmarine soon, along with the good news that my custom transfers have been approved and are being printed so I should hopefully get them just before new year

• 1 month later...
8JqM99k.jpg

Well it's been a little while, but finally I have some updates to post.
FIrstly I've finished 8th Assault (bike) squad.  Squad Lancel , led by Sergeant Artem Lancel

gPMR0ln.jpg
16m9vXk.jpg
4AkMPNs.jpg
tGVvQPw.jpg
2g6pgla.jpg
cJkodcc.jpg

2nd Member of the Shield Bearers Veteran squad

YLLf6Xp.jpg
K1yQGFU.jpg

Techmarine Ulfius

0CJhUFo.jpg
8DMtWQp.jpg

Librarian Merlhain (who needs OSL when you can have the real thing!)

1w1H2xM.jpg
wGebhu7.jpg

And 2nd Tactical's Rhino

veoWXE6.jpg
AiN02E8.jpg

And a couple of shots of where the Company is so far

N03b5zH.jpg
QLe7r9Q.jpg

And now some WIPs.  All of these have had the basic Mephiston Red and Averland Sunset airbrushed on and are waiting for details before I apply the oil pin wash. I have found Averland sunset is an absolute pain to run through the airbrush (even thinning the Air version and trying different PSI still give very inconsistant results) Anyone had any success with it?

6th Tactical,  led by Veteran Sergeant Gaheris, recently inducted wholely form the reserve companies to replace losses.

ZWYzsDC.jpg

The reamining 3 members of terminator squad Baudwin

0Ctv3ya.jpg

And 9th Devestator squad's Razorback

rqjnQNu.jpg

Just getting the bits together to build a new version of Captain Uthor for Grotsmasha's upcoming conversion challenge, waiting for the Sagittarium Guard head to arrive from ebay, as I always felt something was missing with Uthor's original pose, despite it being based on Forgeworld's Garro.
As usual C+C welcome!

Excellent work. My favorite among your new models is the Librarian.

Thanks as usual Bjorn

8JqM99k.jpg

So.....had a week of work so decided to put the ol nose to the grindstone and crank some more models out.

Firstly I finished painting 6th Tactical led by sergeant Gaheris

56zAZTl.jpg

oIG1ztx.jpg

FWdxeUZ.jpg

bZCuHQF.jpg

PmzcttV.jpg

WeMfRq1.jpg

nNixvHx.jpg

Zvaq73J.jpg

2ptAjzT.jpg

qHNlPad.jpg

cACj3oZ.jpg

I also finished the last three members of Terminator squad Baudwin

aXzwR6Q.jpg

3p83rCs.jpg

u2M3AXG.jpg

v0YrBT3.jpg

And Devestator squad Gawair’s Razorback

5XYu8Qf.jpg

Finally a few WIPs.

Ancient Pelias has undergone a Primaris Upgrade

SvbAW2V.jpg

And I’ve started to build 10th Devestator squad (squad Morien) These guys will be armed with 4 missile launchers so I wanted something different to make them stand out more than usual.

dQfQqoM.jpg

vb0LzRh.jpg

L3mh5uc.jpg

o518hAD.jpg

More to follow.....

Archived