Tartaros 8th edition

Hey everyone,

I was about to start building a IF army before the news of 8th ed started appearing, so put stuff on hold. Now with some leaked rules and launch fast approaching I'd like some opinions on loadouts for my tartaros terminators.

I'm thinking 10 man squad combat squading into team

a) sergeant with plasma and chainfist, 2 chainfist and bolters and 2 fist and bolters

b.) 2 reaper cannons with lightning claws, 3 bolters with light claws.

a) would teleport in and try to assault stuff, b.) would sit back and lay out some dakka. Lightning claws are for point savings.

Thoughts? I have 20 tartaros waiting to be built haha

Edited by LucidNinja

Unless you don't have enough Elite slots I would run 5 man squads instead of combat squadding. You get the sergeant upgrade for free so that's another +1A and +1Ld on each other unit that you'll miss out on if you combat squad

Unless you don't have enough Elite slots I would run 5 man squads instead of combat squadding. You get the sergeant upgrade for free so that's another +1A and +1Ld on each other unit that you'll miss out on if you combat squad

The combat squads are for all the dakka in one basket idea. Having the cheaper bodies with the 2 reaper cannons backfield shooting and then the hard punchers teleporting closer in

• 2 weeks later...

Good use of combat squadding but you'll miss out on shield wounds for your auto cannons and you'll lose those extra attacks from having those autos sitting back. Remember terminators come with teleport homers now that allow a free retreat deep strike back to deployment zone, and i think they are zero points to boot. Two 5 man squads give double the sergeants, teleports and heavy weapons and let you tailor each squad to be more focused at one role.

But i still think your idea can be useful.

Just to point out since they changed it since 7th, you can't take lone claws anymore. Either both claws or neither. Realized this well after I've already built mine so now the claws are just different looking fists.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh sorry didnt realize regular termis only got the beacon. (I dont have the index yet) Yeah GW said all of your models would be useable but not every character or profile made it.