Black Library Weekender 2017 date and tickets are up

The pre-release stuff is looking very good indeed, I would not be surprised if there are a couple more surprises yet.

Those Gaunt's Ghosts omnibuses are looking very good, the whole dark forest green with the red lettering really works as a design, well done whoever put those together.

In fact the audio book 'Corsair- The Face of the Void' written by the awesome James Swallow no less, looks and sounds incredible! If I had to pick a 40k cover of the year it this is it, it looks like a high end movie poster, it really captures the 40k ascetic beautifully :wub: 

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, if we cross paths, please use your forum handles. I remember those. Names? No. Faces? Rarely. Forum handles? Yes.

Well according to my second favourite review no one goes by forum handles so I’ll just have to make all the authors feel awkward by being real world self ;)

Guys, if we cross paths, please use your forum handles. I remember those. Names? No. Faces? Rarely. Forum handles? Yes.

He's serious guys!

I had him sign a load of books at last years event (the single day at WHW instead of the full weekend at the Belfry) and only mentioned the B&C half way through him signing my pile. To my surprise he knew who I was when I told him my handle here, and got the following on the next book he signed...

gallery_26271_12264_57558.jpg

It's pretty awesome!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So it is nearly upon us. Last year Warhammer TV did an hour long interview with many of the authors and that was very interesting.

So far I have seen zero promotion on the Warhammer Community for the event, which is odd. Are we going to get interviews again? 

Edited by Taliesin

Sort of related. Do people think the 2018 Black Library Weekender will be the closing with the Siege of Terra or more like 2019? I live in the US but would make my way over if the finale Weekender in terms of Terr stuff.

Sort of related. Do people think the 2018 Black Library Weekender will be the closing with the Siege of Terra or more like 2019? I live in the US but would make my way over if the finale Weekender in terms of Terr stuff.

I'd be shocked if it was next year; but it's not impossible! That said, if they mention it tomorrow or Sunday, someone'll get the info on round here soon enough.

If they did a one-a-month dealio, it could be achieved!

I think next year is very unlikely. We already know the first HH book next year will be The Burden of Loyalty, another collection anthology. If they stuck to the two month pattern for numbered books, we'd see 5 more beyond that, and my money would be on a couple more collections, and maybe a Doom of the Death Guard book, Wolf Cull book and some other book from John French.

With those expected, I'd be very surprised if they got to the Siege within 2018, unless (as Xisor says) they went into a super-speedy release schedule.

Zero coverage from Warhammer TV or Warhammer Community, we are relying on whatever tidbits come through from our valued twitter guys.

What I'm gathering so far is that secrecy reigns. What small snippets I see say the Guy Haley HH book is called Wolfsbane and is rumoured to be released at the HH weekender. John French's full length HH novel is called Slaves to Darkness, which is an awesome title, and it apparently features all the Traitor Primarchs except Curze. It would also show impact of chaos on these Primarchs, just before Terra. This sounds great.

What doesn't sound great is that Nick Kyme apparently said there is not going to be any novel on Beta Garmon/Titandeath. Bizarre and unfortunate. Another tweet mentioned that Slaves to Darkness is set "post Beta Garmon". Also not a single mention of a Doom of the Death Guard novel, which is again, odd because clearly word was ok to get out on Wolfsbane and Slaves to Darkness.

Last year we got a "book 43 will be this, book 44 will be that" overview at least, which was very nice, I'm hoping we see that before the weekend is over.

Edited by Taliesin