Scouring of Gilden's Star

Indefragable

Anyone have any further information on this? I can't find anything other than the following from Lexicanum that apparently comes from Horus Heresy Book VI:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Scouring_of_Gilden%27s_Star

The Scouring of Gilden's Star was a battle during the Horus Heresy. Fought in 010.M31, during the battle elements of the Blood Angels fought a long and bloody campaign against the Word Bearers near the Galactic Core on the borders of Imperium Secundus. The Blood Angels proved merciless in scouring worlds which had embraced the Ruinous Powers and the teachings of the Dark Apostles of the Word Bearers. Most infamously, all seven worlds of Gilden's Star were purged. Ultimately, the battle resulted in the near total destruction of both armies.[1]

My thoughts:

Hidden Content
  • I imagine this will also be explored in the upcoming Angelus
  • Apparently this takes place in M31 around the same time as the Battle of Sotha, so that could explain what..you know...the ENTIRE IX Legion was doing during most of the entire Imperium Secundus plot line.
  • Maybe somehow the above efforts are what create a path in the Ruinstorm leading into the events of the upcoming BL novel of the same name?
  • "...near total destruction of both armies." I wonder if that's just a wing of the IX and XVII or if both Legions suffer massive losses
  • ...if the latter of the above, then it seems like a bit of a hand-wave to make sure the IX are not too well off compared to other Legions when they get to Terra. I mean, do we have any details on exactly how much damage the BA suffered at Signus Prime?
  • It should be pretty cool to see how the zealot Word Bearers go up against the righteous fury of the Blood Angels
  • "The Blood Angels proved merciless..." It's about :cuss -ing time.

Discuss

That's pretty interesting Frag. I've read that the Blood Angels have come back from the brink of extinction several times over 10,000 years. Perhaps this is one of those instances. I find it more believable that this in reference to the forces present for the fight. I'm with you though, it's about time we get a decent portrayal.

That's pretty interesting Frag. I've read that the Blood Angels have come back from the brink of extinction several times over 10,000 years. Perhaps this is one of those instances. I find it more believable that this in reference to the forces present for the fight. I'm with you though, it's about time we get a decent portrayal.

We shall see. I'm not sure whether I want it to be the whole Legion (what's left of it after Signus Prime) to explain what they were up to for all of Imperium Secundus, or just a scouting party of some sort so that we don't just get hand-waved into depleted status for the sake of "hurry up and get to Terra already" sake.

Archived