Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+ 2019-01-13+ Repulsor Tribune

Black Templars Primaris Dreadnoughts

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 674 posts
Okay ST.Lazarus, I haven't been really attracted to primaris, and I specially don't seem them meshing that well with Black Templars, but your miniatures are starting to make me change my mind. The Lance commander is just badass.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,505 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

A very cool Black Templar! I love the way his helmet is separated into the parts the Primaris design notes hinted at -- is this a readily available bit, or did you convert the head and half-helmet yourself?

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Very well done, the bloodied face adds a heap of character and all the livery supports the knightly vibe.

The base looks great too, the skeleton is a cool detail.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,502 posts

A very cool Black Templar! I love the way his helmet is separated into the parts the Primaris design notes hinted at -- is this a readily available bit, or did you convert the head and half-helmet yourself?

That's the 500th Store Anniversary Lieutenant. Looks like he just changed the posture on the right arm so he's aiming the gun instead of holding it at ease.

Spoiler

Sadly, that model was ONLY available on October 20th for the opening celebration.

• Wesalia likes this

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Pic capture of Lazarus crusade Repulsor TRIBUNE Orbital shock company Balmung. Scorched by high orbital re-entry, signs of significant battle damage. Gath Hive 117.M42

gniew6o6a4321.png

• Warhead01, Honda, firestorm40k and 6 others like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts

Really nice work with the Repulsor, particularly the FW transfer, it works really well against the white field.

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,147 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order
I dare say you fixed the repulsor turret, that significantly helps with the weapon porcupine look it had going on.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

I really don't like the original turret as it gives the Repulsor a stubby profile, so changing it to the Forgeworld Razorback helps to make it sleeker. I'm glad people seems to like it as I have two more on the workbench.

• Honda and Pearson73 like this

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Tech-hermit Hadadezar, haling from the deep space mining station cluster HELAM 17 "the place of abundance"

qlvevdew5w321.png

• Honda, Trokair, DuskRaider and 2 others like this

Crusader of Dorn

Crusader of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts
  • Faction: Executioners
Excellent Templars, Imperator wills it :)
=][= is for Ignorance

One more day for Rogal Dorn.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

119i96hxdi421.png

• Doghouse, Honda, DuskRaider and 2 others like this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,186 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard
Very blanchesque

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_Medal_03.gif

Inquisitor Dracos

Inquisitor Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,196 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Astartes

Very sweet stuff. Any update on the Aggressors. Found that to be an amazing conversion and more accurate for the rules than GW own version (2 powerfist should always equal +1 Attack ;))

afb7e953-dc43-49f1-9abc-5dea97d79d9e_zps

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Here you go:

ukm5zq40onm11.jpg

dsrv6gdse0l11.jpg

a9zsyxuf9jq11.jpg

Edited by ST.Lazarus, 03 January 2019 - 05:13 AM.

• Doghouse, Race Bannon, Inquisitor Dracos and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
Impressive work on the Aggressors- or are they meant to be Primaris Terminators, with a 2+ Armor Save and a 5+ Invulnerable Save?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

I've been running them as aggressors but when modelling them I wanted to find a look that was closer to the classic terminators. At a early stage in 8th ed I used the Dark Angels codex for my list and made some close combat aggressor to fulfil the role of Deathwing knights but their performance was not satisfying so I dropped that idea. 

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,186 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard
Best primaris templars yet

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_Medal_03.gif

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

khnsdarxet821.jpg

Work in progress of a custom Storm hawk. 

In this new army variant I'm making my 3 repulsors will have two storm hawks to provide support. I wanted a look that says servitor controlled vehicle , flying by sensor alone. 

This new army still follows a theme of orbital assault, just using Repulsors instead of drop pod as according to the dark imperium novel.

• Inquisitor Dracos, Brother Lunkhead, Pearson73 and 1 other like this

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 568 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

khnsdarxet821.jpg

In this new army variant I'm making my 3 repulsors will have two storm hawks to provide support. I wanted a look that says servitor controlled vehicle , flying by sensor alone.

Niiice! What parts have you used for that Stormhawk?

Edited by Majkhel, 06 January 2019 - 04:18 PM.

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"
gallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_AnETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_05.gifETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_105306_14812_55881.pngETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gif

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 830 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Very impressivethumbsup.gif Please keep us posted in detail on this project..... I want oneyes.gif

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Niiice! What parts have you used for that Stormhawk?

It's a deathwatch Corvus Blackstar. The biggest difference is that I have taken a saw to it and removed the cargo bay. This is a early WIP picture, I'm waiting for some forge world bits to complete it.

• Majkhel likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,350 posts

Liking the Stormhawk conversion.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

med_gallery_98789_13239_80684.png

Two WIP Starhawks, one is kitted for anti armour and one for anti air.

• Focslain and Pearson73 like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,165 posts
Those "Starhawks" look great!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Templars, Primaris, Dreadnoughts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users