+ 2020-11-03+ Artwork

Woe would have befallen the Xeno if I had been!

+++ The emperors champion Brother Hauteville being told of the iconoclast at Sepulchre Dolorosa

gallery_98789_13239_44479.jpggallery_98789_13239_179876.jpggallery_98789_13239_155544.jpggallery_98789_13239_146534.jpg

So I have played a couple of more games of eight edition with my primaris list, adding the high marshal Hellbreach trying out different combinations of supporting characters.

Highlights from my last games against my friend Peters Space orks:

• The High Marshal using his combimelta to drop the last 6 wounds from a gorkanaut.
  • One of my Intercessor squad using their bolters to deadly efficiency, moving thru ruins gunning down a unit of stormboys and a 20 or mob.
  • The emperors champion dying to the space ork warboss only to get a last chance thanks to the crusader banner and using that last strength he sent the arch beast to hell.
Edited by ST.Lazarus

Inspiring work, brother!

Agreed, kick ass way for the EC to die - he died a warriors death.

On that note, how do you find the ancient? I think it's a very fluffy take, as well as strong... but couldn't he be shot off the board very quickly if you don't positions him out of LoS? :/

Edited by Brother Talarian

• 2 weeks later...

The tale of saint Lazarus tells us that during the great crusade when the emperors legions came upon the swampy agri world of Vigala a petty king named Lazarus afflicted with the tallow plague that had haunted the sector for millennia surrendered the world to the great crusade. Thu weak and dying Lazarus showed the emperor to a dormant Archeotech horde that had been jealously guarded secret by his own dynasty for thousands of year. When the darkness of ignorance was illuminated by the divine light of his majesty the ancient mystery turned out to be a centre of healing from the dark age of technology. With this powerful centre at his hand the emperor cured poor Lazarus and left him as director of institute that would in a century end the plague that had killed untold billions.

Lazarus was canonized by the early Ecclesiarchy becoming the first cardinal of the world that now bears his name, his sainthood steaming from his singleminded dedication to what would be in time known as “The hospice of the radiant Emperor”.

The hospice have attracted hundreds of billions thru the ages, sick a weary pilgrims hoping for a miracle. With the arrival of the space orks the pilgrims took up arms to defend their sacred cities against the xenos menace.

gallery_98789_13239_227856.jpg

@Marshal Mattias

Sofar my EC has killed my friend warboss every game, this last game he slayed the warboss then he was caught in the explosion of a Morkanuat. Dying as a true hero of the crusade.

@Firepower

Very little actually, the left arms is from one of the sergeants and the right one is an unmodified bolter arm.

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Thank you I’m very proud of him.

@Brother Talarian

Thank you, I get really inspired by all the fantastic miniatures I see on this board which drives me on.

I’m very happy with the ancient so far, after trying him for a couple of games just for fun he has found a permanent place in my infantry centred list as his ability have been very useful during critical moments.

Edited by ST.Lazarus

Finished my Castell and ad a squad of intercessors, had a game a couple of days ago that cemented the theme of my army as the massed fire of hellblasters and intercessors was very effective. I think that with the new points costs in the codex I will be able to make a infantry based army work, the idea being that it’s a force of drop pod troops that have descended before the start of the battle.

gallery_98789_13239_53735.jpg

gallery_98789_13239_235901.jpg

• 3 months later...

@Pearson73: It’s a call back to My old Bretonnia army and I think they add a bit och colour but stays within the theme.

@LordVelype: I think the banner is from the regular space marine command squad.

@Markus_ thank you, I have quite a lot more painted I just need to take some pictures. There are some cool things coming up.

http://i.imgur.com/QpouzwPl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No enemy shall be beyond my wrath.

- Brother Ottokar after reciving fatal wounds at the gates of Cinis orbis

http://i.imgur.com/LtHUkHEl.jpg

As my crusade is supposed to be a drop pod army that just set foot planetside I don't have any tanks, instead I must rely on dreadnoughts for heavier firepower and close combat mobility. In my gaming club forgworld units usually are a no-no I will mostly use this piece of impressive war machine as a redemptor dreadnought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Really liking the kitbashes for the new heavy-primaris, I can just see them striding through an onslaught of enemy fire unaffected, scything through infantry with the heavy bolters and neutralising armoured elements with the missile pods, all the while closing in to finish off with their fists.

• 8 months later...