+ 2020-11-03+ Artwork

Thank you guys, I'm very happy with how it turned out. 

When converting and building I'm always trying to imagine how does this work outside of the battlefield, what series of events lead to its creation and how does it look in another pose than the moment frozen in time that a miniature represent.

That Centurion squad is simply incredible -- that's what Centurions should have looked like to begin with! And it's great how your conversions also have quite a bit of an Mk. 1 Terminator armour vibe. Lovely!

I also really like gritty paintjob with all of the scuffed markings and heraldic elements. Stellar work all around! :)

Thank you guys, I imagine my Templars as on their own in the Imperium Nihilus. Long supply lines and more bending of the "rules" so to say.

btpatlw0zkp31.jpg

Finished the first repulsor executioner, I had a plan for transfers on the side doors but it didn't work out. My tournament is nearing with only 14 days to go, the biggest obstacle is the two remaining repulsors but I got the turrets done for them this weekend so i'm aiming to get them done during next weekend so I can spend the last week on the remaining infantry, characters and bases.

Edited by ST.Lazarus

These look awesome dude

I second that. I notice the Imperial Fists symbol on the Repulsor's rear door, and am glad to see the Templars honor their own Primarch's memory, instead of kissing Guilliman's feet the way Matt Ward intended.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

These look awesome dude

I second that. I notice the Imperial Fists symbol on the Repulsor's rear door, and am glad to see the Templars honor their own Primarch's memory, instead of kissing Guilliman's feet the way Matt Ward intended.

Indeed, I think all the second founding chapters are very close to their original legion cultural heritage and in many ways still see them self as carrying the mantle of that legion. Not in a carbon copy kind of way instead that they use a shared symbolism, cultural goal and artistic language. In my case the Black fist doesn't represent the "Imperial fist Legion/chapter" directly instead it's a symbol for the heavy amour group in the crusade, it shares the look because that shared heritage.

10 000 years is a really long time and the origin of the symbols and their meanings would be lost in the mist of time. A Black Templar meeting with an Imperial fist might have an fiery argument on who has the right claim to the symbol and which one of them has the right creation myth.   

Impressive work on Knight Commander Alberich-Woglinde. Why does he have such a title? Is it similar to Pask's, i.e., it IDs him as a tank unit commander?

Indeed, Alberich-Woglinde is in charged of a heavy armour breakthrough detachment. I quite like the more intricate rank structure and stacked titels of 30k.  40k always seems too tether on the brink of flanderization and I don't think we need to be so dogmatic around our armies.  

Thanks mate.

Okay, that is just epic. I love it. Nice use of Horus' base. :thumbsup:

Dat green marble though.... Wow :drool:

Thank you, I have had this idea in my mind of some time and the Horus base is one of my favourite things to come out of forgeworld. The marble is made using Contrast paint as a shortcut, I'm happy with how it turned put.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn nice work! The green marble looking posts are done really well!

Thanks mate.

I finished my army for the tournament in time, 1500 points painted and based in one weeks painted until the morning 0624 on the day of the tournament. Was selected for Best in show but lost to a incredible Emperors children army.  Will try to get some more pictures up during the coming days.

428cwiki5jt31.jpg

The bases have been a struggle as they are all pigments but I think I have gotten it to work now as I wanted it.