Tech Priest Conclave

Here's a detachment idea just for fun.  Belisarius Cawl accompanied by four Tech-Priests using the Supreme Command detachment.  

Slow-moving but able to advance under Shroudpsalm most of the time for a 1+ save; everyone has 5++ and can repair themselves (d3 Wounds from themselves, another d3 from a buddy).  Since they are all Characters, wounds don't spill over onto other models.  High points cost is a big minus but might be fun for large battles or to shake things up a bit.

Supreme Command Detachment    810 points

1 Belisarius Cawl   
1 Tech Priest Dominus Volkite Blaster, Macrostubber
1 Tech Priest Dominus Volkite Blaster, Macrostubber
1 Tech Priest Dominus Eradication Ray, Phosphor Serpenta
1 Tech Priest Dominus Eradication Ray, Phosphor Serpenta

You could shave off 20 points by giving all Tech-Priests Volkite / Macrostubbers but I thought I would add some variety. 

Sounds like a fun crazy self-repairing in your face everybody stunt that only Belisarius ‘Hey I lost my mind but I have 3 of them’ Cawl, could pull off.

Bit points intensive but yes, I’m thinking about your opponent’s face when Cawls crew heal and keep on marching.

With characters only being targetable when nearest unit, all fire would hit the foremost guy. Guess it would be extremely useful to put them behind a wall of Kastelans, to soak up wounds while being repaired by the priests.

Otherwise, fun thing, yes. Might try that on a smaller scale...

Well, if you make it 3 Domini with Volkite Blaster+Macrostubber and one with the Eradication Ray+Phosphor Serpentia, then you have enough points to take two squads of 10 naked Skitarii for bubblewrap/ ablative cover and you can call it a 1000 point list. Then, just bolt on another 1000 points of other stuff for when it's time to do 2000 point games.

This is what annoys me about knights being a separate faction... they would work nicely in the LOW slot in that detachment but NO! You need to take an entire separate detachment!

I do like the idea of a dominus covenant. :]

I approve of this modestly obscene idea... in large part because of the small collection of Dominus models I've got stacking up from purchasing the 'Start Collecting' boxes. I was considering using them for some conversions just to have some variety, but this gives more purpose/focus to the idea, and inspires me to consider creating 4-5 completely unique Dominus' to fill out something like this. *insert approving evil grin here*

Well, if you make it 3 Domini with Volkite Blaster+Macrostubber and one with the Eradication Ray+Phosphor Serpentia, then you have enough points to take two squads of 10 naked Skitarii for bubblewrap/ ablative cover and you can call it a 1000 point list. Then, just bolt on another 1000 points of other stuff for when it's time to do 2000 point games.

Good idea but you only take an Elite or Lord of War in this particular detachment.  They'd have to be part of another detachment (and so would need yet another Tech Priest Dominus to lead them, which is still cool)

Good idea but you only take an Elite or Lord of War in this particular detachment.  They'd have to be part of another detachment (and so would need yet another Tech Priest Dominus to lead them, which is still cool)

Fair enough!

So, 3 Dominus in a Supreme command Detachment, and 1 Dominus+Skitarii in a Patrol Detachment. 

Hey, would this mean that each detachment could use different Canticles? Is that even useful?

You just roll once on the table for all the detachments.

It is a fun idea.

Although you would only have shroud first turn and then around half the time.. or am i missing something.  

I approve of this modestly obscene idea... in large part because of the small collection of Dominus models I've got stacking up from purchasing the 'Start Collecting' boxes. I was considering using them for some conversions just to have some variety, but this gives more purpose/focus to the idea, and inspires me to consider creating 4-5 completely unique Dominus' to fill out something like this. *insert approving evil grin here*

My thoughts exactly!

Archived