Ashenwyte: I'm thinking of removing & smoothing down those spikes(which I did on his left pauldron) and maybe just doing good old bonding studs. Spikes just don't seem right on a sneaky termie :smile.: And scales are sounding like a good idea. I'm wondering if I should make some cavities in the armor and have molded scales revealed that way. As if the first layer of armor was concealing it.

It's a little out of my skill set but it's very tempting.

Atia: I am thinking its a good idea! In the text above I think I want to have it being revealed under the armor, showing through maybe due to damage. I may have to get my hands on the FW AL praetor or a Laernean termie to make a mold of those scales. I honestly wonder how big the two FW AL praetors are in scale with the primaris. Really want to buy them but not certain they'll look like kids next to big marines as FW's scale goes up and down I've seen.

Thank you for the ideas, gang!

Vazzy: I just love their scale and bulk as they look appropriately bigger next to a primaris. I def say go bitz hunting and put Apologists tutorial to use as you wont regret it.

• 1 month later...

We come unseen.

We act unheard.

We seize victory unbeknownst.

---

A little while ago I finished building my Alpha Legion Cell for my Heralds kill team. I was waiting on adding some details before posting. I still think there are a few things that need to be done before I paint and prime the rest but I am very happy to have these team of killers ready for the table.

gallery_55057_13248_446275.jpeg

Like I said, I think there are a few things left on the unpainted guys to add before paint but I am happy I am this close to a finished team.

So to start I finished building a second combi-plasma Chosen.

gallery_55057_13248_938570.jpeg

back

gallery_55057_13248_471319.jpeg

I tried doing a not mk6 armor look and kind of regret it. Mk6 just looks soo cool but the idea was that he had an older mk3 set that had been upgraded for stealth operations but still provided extra protection. With that guy finally built I then built up the nerve to try out BCK's tissue cloak tutorial. I have had a tab on my phone for that tutorial since May just waiting to be put to use. Back in May I saw the new Ghost Recon trailer and seeing the new enemies with their sweet cloaks I wanted my special forces guys with them too. Which is also why I had been looking at Cadmus Tyro Alpha Legion headhunters too. Being able to see his work with Dark Blue armored Alphas with cloaks showed me how sweet it could look. My main concern is I am hoping all those little pockets on the tissue will not be an issue when it dries as I do not like those little dimples my tissue paper had. I still need to add some glue to harden it and I hope that helps.

Next up, some da jump boyz.

gallery_55057_13248_1355424.jpeg

When I started coming up with this team I really wanted some twins on it. Two Alphas built exactly alike with some different posing. I kind of forgot about that so I decided to do it with these two gun fighters we'll call Vincent and Jules for now.:wink: So I had to have some plasma gun raptors on my team. I can either drop them where I want them or I can use their mobility to get their guns where it's needed most. I ended up using the jump packs seen here but I was really in the market for Dark Fury ones. Maybe I will be lucky in the future and score some on eBay to use. Also, I never liked raptors using two handed guns, so I decided to do some extra chopping and gluing to have them dual fisting plasma pistols.

Not much left to do. Really thinking about redoing the cloaks but aside from that I hope I will have some paint on these guys soon!

Thanks for tuning in!

back

With that guy finally built I then built up the nerve to try out BCK's tissue cloak tutorial. I have had a tab on my phone for that tutorial since May just waiting to be put to use. *snip* My main concern is I am hoping all those little pockets on the tissue will not be an issue when it dries as I do not like those little dimples my tissue paper had. I still need to add some glue to harden it and I hope that helps.

Really thinking about redoing the cloaks but aside from that I hope I will have some paint on these guys soon!

Thanks for tuning in!

First of all, thanks for trying out the tutorial and for your first attempt, you did pretty good. Unfortunately, I think you got a tissue with a quilted pattern on it - a similar thing happened to Hyaenidae when he tried it himself but he liked the texture - so if you're going to redo them, you might make sure the tissue is just plain ol' unscented and untextured.

As for the tutorial itself, I really should do an updated one because my technique has evolved a bit to making a first layer of paper towel (also untextured) for more stability and the thicker paper towel also responds better to larger folds and such. Once that's hardened with glue, I put a layer of tissue over for the finer finish.

With the bounty hunter I did for Necromunda, I also added a new step of soaking the tissue with very thin superglue because even when hardened with glue and painted the cloaks are still somewhat fragile, which would be a much bigger issue if you actually game with the models. I will put up the disclaimer that I haven't primed the bounty hunter yet so I don't know how the superglue might have affected the texture of the tissue.

I've got to say thank you for posting that tutorial and for the kind words. I am very happy with the application but I definitely need to work on the folds of the cloak. And I think I found some non-quilted tissue at work. Little box of it on my desk looks flat with no pockets or patterns. Already had a coworker wondering why I was inspecting a sheet tissues so thoroughly, told them I started developing my Austin allergies finally after all these years. Now, armed with flat tissue paper I am going to try it again tonight if I get the time.

After I did the cloaks I went back to your tutorial and saw the updated technique on your conversion. I definitely want to try that on the redo with adding the extra paper towel layer. And like your bounty hunter I want to apply super glue as well to really harden the paper. I did quite a few layers of watered down glue and it held its shape but it was firm and & I kind of worried it would break from gaming. As for the texture as long as it doesn't, and I quote from your tutorial, look like they are wearing bubble wrap I'll be good to go.:happy.:

• 2 weeks later...

We come unseen.

We act unheard.

We seize victory unbeknownst.

---

A little while ago I finished building my Alpha Legion Cell for my Heralds kill team. I was waiting on adding some details before posting. I still think there are a few things that need to be done before I paint and prime the rest but I am very happy to have these team of killers ready for the table.

gallery_55057_13248_446275.jpeg

Like I said, I think there are a few things left on the unpainted guys to add before paint but I am happy I am this close to a finished team.

back

I tried doing a not mk6 armor look and kind of regret it. Mk6 just looks soo cool but the idea was that he had an older mk3 set that had been upgraded for stealth operations but still provided extra protection. With that guy finally built I then built up the nerve to try out BCK's tissue cloak tutorial. I have had a tab on my phone for that tutorial since May just waiting to be put to use. Back in May I saw the new Ghost Recon trailer and seeing the new enemies with their sweet cloaks I wanted my special forces guys with them too. Which is also why I had been looking at Cadmus Tyro Alpha Legion headhunters too. Being able to see his work with Dark Blue armored Alphas with cloaks showed me how sweet it could look. My main concern is I am hoping all those little pockets on the tissue will not be an issue when it dries as I do not like those little dimples my tissue paper had. I still need to add some glue to harden it and I hope that helps.

Next up, some da jump boyz.

gallery_55057_13248_1355424.jpeg

When I started coming up with this team I really wanted some twins on it. Two Alphas built exactly alike with some different posing. I kind of forgot about that so I decided to do it with these two gun fighters we'll call Vincent and Jules for now.:wink: So I had to have some plasma gun raptors on my team. I can either drop them where I want them or I can use their mobility to get their guns where it's needed most. I ended up using the jump packs seen here but I was really in the market for Dark Fury ones. Maybe I will be lucky in the future and score some on eBay to use. Also, I never liked raptors using two handed guns, so I decided to do some extra chopping and gluing to have them dual fisting plasma pistols.

Not much left to do. Really thinking about redoing the cloaks but aside from that I hope I will have some paint on these guys soon!

Thanks for tuning in!

Honestly these fit AL ranged gunners better than dark fury packs- looks more controlled.

Inceptor rules, maybe?