Post Your Primaris Marines

Grotsmasha

Honda, on 22 Sept 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:http://bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_images/carbon_red/snapback.png

Alpharius

Which Alpharius is he!?

gallery_15184_10600_202175.jpg

Conversation reportedly observed at a local Star Jolt Caffeine Dispensary.

Voice 1: Let me get this straight, I'm not Alpharius, you are?

Voice 2 No, he's not Alpharius, I am. I have been right from the beginning.

Voice 3: Don't be stupid, you don't look anything like Alpharius, he looks like me. I am Alpharius!

Voice 1: Well, if you're Alpharius, then what's his middle name?

Voice 3: <pauses> His what?

Voice 1: HIs middle name. If you really are Alpharius, then what's his middle name?

Voice 3: That's the stupidest bloody thing I've heard in 10,000 years. He doesn't have one.

Voice 1: Yes he does and "I" know what it is.

Voice 3: Of course you do, but you're not going to tell us because <snaps fingers>, "it's a secret".

Voice 1: <grimaces at Voice 3>

Voice 2: And thus do I demonstrate that, I am Alpharius. By staying silent, I have incited dissension within the ranks of my enemy, thus preparing them for their defeat.

Voice 1 and Voice 3 look at each other and both immediately punch Voice 2 in the face, knocking him unconscious.

Voice 3: Do we have to do this for Omegan?

Voice 1: Thank Horus, I don't believe so. I've heard there's only one of him.

Voice 3: What does he look like?

Voice 1 : That's him over there (points to large figure sitting in a dark corner).

Voice 3: Are you sure? He looks a lot like that guy over there hitting on the jolt server.

Voice 1: Hmm...you may be right, Oh wait, it looks like Candidate #3 just walked in. Bloody 'ell.

Voice 3: <blinks at clock icon> Feth, we're late! You pick up "Alpharius" feet and I'll get his arms, we better hoof it.

NOTE: THE PHYSICAL LOCATION WHERE THIS CONVERSATION WAS RECORDED AND THE SURROUNDING THREE KILOMETERS HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO RUBBLE FROM AN UNSCHEDULED MELTA TORPEDO STRIKE.

AUTHORITIES ARE STILL INVESTIGATING THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THIS ACCIDENT.

Some truly inspiring paint jobs in this thread!

You mean like your guy? He's freaking brilliant.

I just love the weathering. Do you intend to do more?

Thanks for the kind words man, yes I have done others & will post them up soon. Still working on a few then I switch sides to finish off the Dark Imperium box set.

Wow, the  muted grey and subdued red trim really go together well. Also, you did an excellent job on the  eyes.

Thanks! I was really pleased with how the colours go together. The eyes were the simplest I've ever painted them, as usually I try to do the gem effect. This is quite literally just a thin line of white painted over with a green glaze, which one some I've dragged a little below the eye socket for that 'glow'.

that grey and red is really cool!

Cheers! Yeah I like the combo, it felt to me like a decent trade off between colours and keeping it utilitarian and having a 'military' feel to it.

@Greymane: I keep coming back to your Wolf, you did an amazing job on him. So much character in his pose and his equipment. Very impressive.

@Blindhamster: Brilliantly executed "Angels of Death" BA. I do prefer a more desaturated red, but it is really hard not to appreciate all the effort you put into that figure. <stands and applauds.>

Thanks Honda, my old BA were done mephiston red up to vallejo brown rose (sort of pink colour) so as this is a distinct army I wanted to do something different and absolutely loved David Perrymans eavy metal blood angels. So attempted to replicate that look. Glad you appreciate it for what it is! :smile.: