Post Your Primaris Marines

Grotsmasha

Fantastic work, leoparden. I used to follow your Sons of the Phoenix (if I remember the name correctly), Carcharodons, and then your Night Lords back in the day over on Warseer. I haven't seen any of your work in a long time so am glad to see you active once more and here on the B&C to boot! :tu:

What's the idea behind this Primaris model? Is this a one-off or the start of a project? And is he part of a DIY Chapter of yours or some sort of shadow-y organisation?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more. :)

Finally got my first Primaris Marine painted, so now I have something to show for the first time in ages.

That’s what I’m talking about.

Epic work, man. I can’t get enough of that beaten metal finish.

Thanks, it's a little hard to convey the exact look of the armor on the miniature in photos, I have some more but won't clog up the thread with those.

Fantastic work, leoparden. I used to follow your Sons of the Phoenix (if I remember the name correctly), Carcharodons, and then your Night Lords back in the day over on Warseer. I haven't seen any of your work in a long time so am glad to see you active once more and here on the B&C to boot! :thumbsup:

What's the idea behind this Primaris model? Is this a one-off or the start of a project? And is he part of a DIY Chapter of yours or some sort of shadow-y organisation?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more. :smile.:

Thank you, I have an idea about a project log for B&C for my myriad of WIPs and every now and again something finished. This marine is a part of a planned bigger project with a whole bunch of factions and units but more on that when I actually pull the trigger and start a thread.

Edited by leoparden

Guest MistaGav

A bunch of Angels of Absolution character Primaris. I could probably make a cool movie marines list out of this lot. One guy that isn't in here but done is the Dark Angels Primaris Lieutenant. I should really spruce them up a bit more with DA stuff and transfers but never can be bothered!

gallery_109083_14627_14405.jpg

Here's my second Primaris-Marine (although, once again, he is rather being used as a true scale Space Marine for INQ28). Meet Watch-Brother Vargo Diaz:

brother-vargo-diaz-of-the-deathwatch-1.j

brother-vargo-diaz-of-the-deathwatch-2.j

brother-vargo-diaz-of-the-deathwatch-6.j

More pictures can be found here. And here are the beginnings of a small Deathwatch Killteam so far:

watch-brothers-vargo-diaz-and-arcturus-d

Some nice characterful work there, Vanimal. I like the fact that the models are mostly silver but you have shaded them differently to vary the results. The arms look shinier than the shoulder pads, I like the yellowish tinge in particular. Nice chipping effects, too.

Flame boy

Thanks for the comments, was a challenge to get metal how I wanted it, but cant stress enough how well the gloss nuln oil helps here, it travels to the models creases without darkening the rest of paint. After that its just varnish,glazes and some weathering powder.

So here are two more Primaris-based Deathwatch Marines for my true scale INQ28 killteam:

Brother Rudisha Aren of the Celestial Lions

brother-rudisha-aren-of-the-celestial-li

brother-rudisha-aren-of-the-celestial-li

Brother Vorlik Ulrach of the Iron Hands:

brother-vorlik-ulrach-of-the-iron-hands-

brother-vorlik-ulrach-of-the-iron-hands-

And here's the killteam so far:

killteam-ulrach-6.jpg

Many more pictures can be found here, in my INQ28 thread.

(Yes, he's the same Captain as the ETL thread, but he's still a primaris, and, you know, hall of honour and all...)

Primaris Captain

He shares a basic colour scheme with my regular marines in the third company, but I wanted to try something a bit less metallic, so all the bronze trim and chest eagle have been dropped out in favour of white, and lots of the details have been toned down (deeper red seals, darker parchment and fabrics, that sort of thing) - he'll be fourth company, along with any other primaris that I add in the future.